That's an easy choice for me. Going in blind like that, I would choose the players cavity every time.

I would do a Goldilocks - not too fat, not too thin (profile). Something just right in the middle.

Love a challenge. I’d go blind would consider hollow body due to fact that I like the current offerings. However going blind I would go players cavity back. Do I get to pick shafts or just take stock offering

I'm most likely going with whatever has the most forgiveness. I'd probably also go off the previous years model just for an idea.

Pretty easy actually.

Didn't THP do something similar to this with the Ultimate Testing Experiences? I know at the Taylormade Tour Preferred Irons event we knew the options but had to select one of the three without having him them first.

I think it's an easy choice if you know your limits. What might be tough is a person's ability to get along with them for the long haul.

Easy as I’ve played players cavity backs almost exclusively since 2000. I really think I could be happy playing with a players cavity from a dozen different companies.

I would always go with the muscle back or player Cavity.....Pretty much what i have played for 20 years

Easy choice for me. Whatever is the most forgiving

I believe in that you should go into a fitting with an open mind, what would be more blind than picking a category that matches my ability, and letting the company/experience set the club ups, completely free from preconceived thoughts and notions. This would also be a great test for the manufacturer to see if their categories actually match the player category they are aiming their particular product to.

@JB I am beginning to think that you have something in the works, or you have an idea brewing. (y)(y)

I'd go with the category I would be looking at if I was shopping irons. So if there was a set of hollow bodies I'd likely go that way, or a mid-level cavity back / player's distance set.

But you at least see a picture of the irons before buying right? In this instance, pictures wouldnt exist.

so when you said blind, you really meant blind?!

wow that would be tough. i do love a hollowbody, so that's probably where i would lean.

I’d lean towards Player Cavities even though I’d probably be better off with CB.

Tough choice but usually you could tell by the name what line you should be in. If not that's why we have you @JB and your insider knowledge.

Give me a players cavity. I like a good hollow body, but don't like a chunky iron. Good chance the cavity, while not ideal, would be well enough.

Easy question - I'd post a thread on THP, give information on my handicap, swing speed and anything else I could think of. Sit back and let the experts on this site advise me.

Traditionally I would say players cavity as that is what I have played for several years but the some of the recent releases have me thinking hollow body. The TM 770/790 and the Apex Pro make those super interesting.

I think it would be a pretty easy decision for me if I knew the company. I would base my decision on previous releases knowing that there could be a significant design change similar to the apex pros this year. However the profile and target player wouldn’t likely change much, at least that would be my thinking going into it.

Honestly, it would depend upon the company and their offerings. Players cavity back or Players distance.

Going in BLIND, hoping that they have a cavity backed with a expanded "sweet spot". Very forgiving for my game(low 20HCP)but, easy for me hit and for others to help/simulate their playing now.

with irons it would be their easiest GI/SGI offering. Either steel 90-100g or perhaps a graphite option. Pretty easy selection for me.
With other clubs in the bag it might be more of a challenge depending on their lineup and offerings.

Easy-ish I’d go with a club profile that I’m familiar with in a general category. But the “ish” would come into play if on the fence and looks would be the determining factor between two styles.

It’s been easy as far as irons, wedges hybrid and driver. The fairway area is causing some confusion

wow that would be tough. i do love a hollowbody, so that's probably where i would lean.
Ohh, that profile's got some range...

That makes it fun, because you have everything from ZX4 to Apex Pro and everything in between

Combo set?! 😂

I would choose player’s cavity. It would be pretty easy knowing those parameters.

Back