I would choose based on category, and it would be an easy choice for me. The spirit of THP is giving something a fair try, and people are constantly surprised by going outside of the box around here. So why not brace it?
That’s a great point. It would be really fun to take that step outside the box and try something new at an event like that. And not only would it be a great opportunity to do it, it would also be a lot of fun to share it with the others in the group!

Let's say you were selected for a THP Experience and every participant gets new clubs (like most of them :D). The problem is, you know the brand, but the clubs are not out yet and you must choose. You have an idea of what they have released in the past, but going in blind completely with looks, etc.

How would you choose knowing only a category that they fall into like muscle back, players cavity and/or hollow body?

Tough choice or easy to decide?
Easy for me. Players cavity and let me go!

For me, it's an easy decision. I would go for the set that offered the most distance and forgiveness.

Would depend on the brand.

Pretty easy decision, just go with the profile I have played past 15 years with some slight diversions. Either players cavity or hollow body construction my 1, 2 choices.

I would just go with the offering that fell into the was in the game improvement category.

Probably makes it easier for me lol. The less I know and can think about, the better!

I don’t think it would be too difficult for me to choose to be honest. I have a pretty good idea what profile I fit into and clubs generally have evolutionary changes year over year, so a SWAG at a new release isn’t too terribly risky, IMHO.

Never been fit so a complete blond guess for me. I play GIs but if I liked the look of the players cavity I think I would roll the dice and give it a shot. I have liked most in that category that I have hit and think I will be able to make the jump with lessons this year.

Hollow body work really well for me at the moment, so I guess I would go for those.

It would be easy for me. I’d just say, “give me the most forgiving thing you’ve got”.

I think as long as category was known, it’d be even more fun wondering what your new equipment looked like, sounded like , etc.

Easy. I would go with players cavity and trust it.

I would have to go hollow body.

I am a bit of a thinker and I would really want these clubs to be my new set for a couple years to come. Plus, reviewing the clubs over time works best if I am comfortable playing them every round. So choosing might be a bit harder for me as I wouldn’t see them or know much about them.

Therefore, I would be looking at past generations from the company to see what is possibly up for a new refresh. Most likely, I would go with a cavity back all things being equal as that usually is what I would purchase to game.

Having to choose, cavity back all day.

Players CB is the easy answer. But I have multiple sets of forged players CB’s with one of them being Mizuno. I think I’d have to try something new and go hollow body with the hope that the HMB evolve towards the Apex Pro or P770.

If I knew the manufacturer, I would pick based off their past clubs in the category. I would probably lean player’s distance category but maybe a cavity back if the prior releases were good in that category.

I think it'd be pretty easy to choose

I'd choose based on the previous line and hopefully they would be similar enough they'd be a good fit. I don't think I could pick something that would be brand new without trying it out first. So if it was a new line of clubs I'd probably have to pick something else instead of that line.

So if it was a new line of clubs I'd probably have to pick something else instead of that line.

That option won't exist for this Experience :ROFLMAO:

Back