Choosing Your Avatar?

Celebrating with the Grandaddy belt on the party bus. Trip of a lifetime.

A reminder of a day when I was striking the ball really well -- and playing in a tourney with my son. Priceless.

Mine is a clipart picture I used to use when I designed the flyers, sign-up sheets, etc. for our golf group amongst my coworkers years ago (we called ourselves the "Hackers", coincidentally enough). I started using it as my avatar here when I joined in 2010, because it perfectly reflected my golf game at the time. I've just kind of stuck with it over the years, will get around to changing it one of these days.

I figured this avatar would not be offensive. It's Werther's Original popcorn. I'd never seen it before. I was in a pharmacy of all places and saw it, took a photo to send to my wife, and she was less than impressed. Now it's my avatar. It was some good popcorn too.

Pic I snagged while overlooking 18 at The Ocean Course at the Ben Hogan / UST Mamiya Experience. I love being reminded of that trip.
Except when the wind is dead nuts into your face on that hole hahahaha

What a heck of a show that was.

Mine is from the 2019 Project X Experience.

The group of us went into Mike Hess Brewing and tasted some of the local offerings. It just so happened that the coasters featured their Hop Cloud Hazy IPA. @Space Bandito said I looked like the caricature, wrote “Yukon” on one of them and suggested I use it as my avatar.

Haven’t considered changing since that night, and it brings back some good memories of the people and San Diego.

Just a recent one of me or where I played. I get lazy for stretches, but I try to keep it recent/relevant. I get bored with things that stay the same.

Picture JB took out at Cascata, was a par 3 and had a great backdrop. Best part was seeing Danny taking driver off the tee.

Mine is from the 2019 Project X Experience.

The group of us went into Mike Hess Brewing and tasted some of the local offerings. It just so happened that the coasters featured their Hop Cloud Hazy IPA. @Space Bandito said I looked like the caricature, wrote “Yukon” on one of them and suggested I use it as my avatar.

Haven’t considered changing since that night, and it brings back some good memories of the people and San Diego.
To be fair (you should post the side by side pic) you did look very similar to the little cartoon man!

To be fair (you should post the side by side pic) you did look very similar to the little cartoon man!
I just looked through my albums and don’t see that photo, but I agree - there is a decent similarity! Although cartoon man has far superior face hair!

Just wanted to remind everyone that golf is a game and a game EVERYONE at any age can enjoy.

From a Frank's Steaks RVC golf outing photo where I was "Bill Murry" geared out.

<<<<<<<<<<<<< His name was Snickers. Great bassethound.

Picture from the 2016 Grandaddy. #TeamUnity

My favorite cartoon, which I have a tattoo of & here he is golfing so it just fit.

I liked the picture of me in action at a THP Experience so went with it and have stuck with it.

Always need tickets to my all time favorite band. The Simpsons was a favorite back in the day; this was from one of the all time great episodes "The Springfield Files".

Cause she’s pretty and she’s mine 😍

After making the Grandaddy, the Callaway hammer logo really just seemed to make sense given my username

It is a picture of me getting ready to dive in and enjoy a milkshake at about 3am in Vegas at the THP Bridgestone Championship. Fun night of a great weekend that I think capped off a legendary summer of THP experiences.

Always brings back some memories of awesome times.
I remember that weekend - Good Times!!!

It's a funny still from an animation of me from back when I still had hair.

Just a picture of me teeing off on the Wolf Course at Paiute. I don’t have many pictures of me playing golf so it was an easy choice.

Back