Choosing Your Avatar?

A round of golf with my kids in Scottsdale from several years ago. Golf with family is so great. I'd just hit a nice shot on a par 3.

Mine is from The Morgan Cup 2020!!

#TeamParadiseforLife

ok, mine has a long story behind it so bear with me here.
many years ago when my now wife and I had only been dating for a fairly short period I was trying to repair something at her house. I asked her if she had a hammer handy and she said it was in the garage. Now her garage was just a big mess of multiple piles of junk everywhere so I said "Well hell, let me put on my Indiana Jones hat and go see if I can find it" in quite the snarky way. Anyway, while I"m out trying to find this hammer I instead find this childs costume Indiana Jones hat! I came back in wearing it and we had a good laugh. That hat, to this day years later, seems to surface every time I go looking for something that I've been unable to find for a while and it always makes us chuckle.

Huge Abraham Ancer fan

Fall round in MN a couple years ago. Decked in my sweet MN Jr. PGA Straight Down vest from 2001 and my Muni Kids Bogeys Suck hat. Bogeys do suck and why not rock a sweet vest from glory days in 2001!

It’s the design of the UST Mamiya shafts we are expected to receive at #TheRivalry in January. Pumped for that.

How did you choose the picture you have in place?

One of my most memorable rounds of golf with our son. He shot 3 over for 18 holes at TPC Myrtle Beach from 150yds out on each hole. The starter rearranged things so we had the course "to ourselves", we saw a Gator on the course and most importantly he said that one day he hopes he has this much fun with his son playing golf. He's so grown up for 8.

Last edited:
I've thought about changing mine but I don't know if I'll ever change my Avatar. That's one of my favorite pictures of myself from The Grandaddy and I can still picture it like it was yesterday.

Because I am so looking forward to being part of the Dream Fousome Experience at PGA National.

That’s a photo @BigDill took of me on the 15th green on the Championship Course at PGA

The colors stand out a bit when scrolling.
Also it's Pac-Man related so win/win.

Not married to it though. I change it once a year or so. The experience avatars are always cool to see what people create

Currently it's a shot of me teeing off on a very picturesque par 5 that is tough to play. In fact, just played there yesterday when I took this picture for the view:
D2F3BAEF-94BD-48AD-A9D1-D7C92E4E8BEB_1_105_c.jpeg

That’s a photo @BigDill took of me on the 15th green on the Championship Course at PGA
Good thing you were able to negotiate the copyrights from me, it’s an awesome pic! But it was from an even better moment!

I chose it because of a joke that grew into more of a thing.

I picked mine because it fit my forum name, but it’s just a random internet picture I found. I think it’s from a shirt or something. So I have tried to make it festive over the years. Sometimes it will have a hat or some equipment added via terrible photoshop. It’s fun for those who notice, like an Easter egg. He (or she?) is wearing a Forme polo now from the contest a few months back.

I tried to change it to a comic version of my new custom painted racing helmet (below) earlier this year, and it was not well received lol. I got a lot of questions because people just seemed to identify with the pickle. so back it came from pickle vacation.

10862209-D0A5-43D7-AACF-39BB7A4E56AA.jpeg

The tiger has been my favorite animal for 50 some odd years, so it was easy for me to select an avatar.

Some of my happiest/fondest golf memories have been golfing with my missus. The picture is from our honeymoon in Hawaii.

I changed mine. I was tired of the Werther's popcorn one and picked this. I'm gonna change it again. Soon.

Won my flight at the California Tour Finale of the Golfweek Amateur Tour.

Changed mine last week for the first time in several years. Had to go with the Fighting Irish Pop! my Secret Santa was kind enough to send me.

Me and my wife of 45 years!

I was reading something about Billy Packer and it eventually led to his days calling the old syndicated Putt-Putt shows.

My undergraduate degree is from the University of Colorado. I'm a Buff. If you watch a CU Buff football game -- which would be odd since outside of their 1989 season, they are perennially not that good at football -- they run a bison (Raphie VI these days) every game. It's fun to watch. I also live near Yellowstone National Park and enjoy the wild herds of bison (buffalo). In YNP, they necessarily have bison crossing signs on the roads, and I modified a picture of a sign. I thought it was fun.

For the bison curious, here's YNP's bison information page: https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/nature/bison.htm

And here is a video of someone getting thrown by a bison. It really does happen as depicted in my modified image. They are fast and bad ass. The action of interest occurs at 46-50 sec.

How did you choose the picture you have in place?
I couldn't take a standard picture as Team Hackers walked by in defeat. Let the moment last in their memory for as long as I can.

We were on vacation at South Bass Island in Lake Erie, and outside a winery was this beautiful old car with the dog "guarding" it and doing a great job of ignoring all the folks walking around the car. I love that photo & always imagine the dog driving up front with wind goggles and a scarf like a WW I flying ace.

I also like it because that dog was serene amid surrounding chaos - something I definitely aspire to. The best pets make great teachers.

Back