Chris Koske from Edel Golf Goes Off Course

Good conversation between you two made this a really good listen.

Quote of the podcast:
“Are you F’n a chicken back there?!” 😂😀😂

I can’t wait to get the irons and putter in my bag. The wedges are so, so good

This has started out great! Excited to listen to the rest later today!

Great listen BTW..... I cant wait for what the future holds for this brand.
It’s crazy how upward the trend feels, eh?

The way Koske talks about the brand, it sounds like they are ready to get it done in the best possible way for golfers.

Listening to this just brought me back to the Quest Cup and how much of a good time everyone had. @Koske is such a great dude and really genuine with talking to all of us and laying things out. Great stories and if I'm not mistaken he may have been mentioning @brians fitter during this conversation. Seriously can't wait to get these in the bag.

Love how the Edel gang rolls in big!

That's pretty telling to me.
The equipment is so good. From putter to wedges and now the SMS irons. You just have to make a few swings to find out how good they are. I think the SMS tech in irons will be even better than it is in wedges.

Always a good listen. But this one was special. 2 “Geeks of Golf” living their best life. Will definitely be looking to hit these irons as soon as my CC gets the product in. Might even try to track them down earlier. The tech here seems legit.

It’s crazy how upward the trend feels, eh?

The way Koske talks about the brand, it sounds like they are ready to get it done in the best possible way for golfers.
Yes he talks about the Edel brand so highly, but not in a salesman type of way. He talks about it but the equipment talks louder for its self because they have done a good job making a great product, that fits a wide range of players.

I'm sure it is only a matter of time and it will only take one top 75 player on tour to take a chance with them for the brand to start getting a lot more recognition as a big time brand.

The equipment is so good. From putter to wedges and now the SMS irons. You just have to make a few swings to find out how good they are. I think the SMS tech in irons will be even better than it is in wedges.
I think it’ll be more impactful for sure.

I’m also super curious to see whether players have a different weight setup in the long irons vs short irons etc

I'm also super curious to see whether players have a different weight setup in the long irons vs short irons etc
This is something I am curious about also.

I’m also super curious to see whether players have a different weight setup in the long irons vs short irons etc
Haven’t finished the whole pod yet but that was an interesting part hearing how they tested 8-8-8 etc. 6g seems like such a small amount of weight to me but it has such a wild impact on the overall feel. This experience with Edel has been a big eye opener for me in terms of my understanding of the swing, especially when hearing all the talk about “finding the slot”.

Haven’t finished the whole pod yet but that was an interesting part hearing how they tested 8-8-8 etc. 6g seems like such a small amount of weight to me but it has such a wild impact on the overall feel. This experience with Edel has been a big eye opener for me in terms of my understanding of the swing, especially when hearing all the talk about “finding the slot”.
It’s crazy right? Think about how small the little weights are that they put in the tips of iron shafts to swing weight though. And now imagine how much better it is to weight in the center of the head rather than in the heel.

I’ll let you know just as soon as mine arrive. I will be in full tinker mode

It’s crazy right? Think about how small the little weights are that they put in the tips of iron shafts to swing weight though. And now imagine how much better it is to weight in the center of the head rather than in the heel.
Will be really interesting to get some further feedback on these when we have the chance. I see a lot of questions posted elsewhere about “when should I get fitted” or “what handicap level should I be for fitted clubs”, and after this year I will never argue against anyone getting lessons, but one of the biggest things I see is “well your swing can change and then you’ve wasted all this money on fitted clubs”. There’s no magic slice fixing bullet yet, but I think for a person similar to me that’s in that still figuring some mechanics out stage these might really help you improve and get more productive results in the meantime!

Listening to this just brought me back to the Quest Cup and how much of a good time everyone had. @Koske is such a great dude and really genuine with talking to all of us and laying things out. Great stories and if I'm not mistaken he may have been mentioning @brians fitter during this conversation. Seriously can't wait to get these in the bag.
Yep, that’s the one in Rhode Island. The shop really is like @Koske describes. To me it’s like almost an independent skate shop feel. People just pop in to talk golf for a bit. Plus they remember EVERYTHING. I was talking about getting a putter fitting later this summer. Their response was something along the lines of “ah, so you’ll want something without any lines on top”. (I play an Edel brick with no lines)
This was a great listen. Thank you @Canadan.

Same here. Already with the wedge sets I’ve been reading about different weight locations on each one. I’m imagining for some the the long,mid,and short irons will each get their own weight location.

Listened to the remainder of the episode driving home from the course today and it brought back a bunch of memories from the Quest Cup. Great episode this week.

Listened to the remainder of the episode driving home from the course today and it brought back a bunch of memories from the Quest Cup. Great episode this week.
Thanks for tuning in my good man!

Loved the show this week! Koskes story about the tour player hitting the wedges and instantly wanting to switch is exactly how I felt, it’s crazy that the wedges can perform so well for both tour players and a high cap like myself. I’ll vouch for the irons being able to fit any handicap as well, i was one of the 17s at the Quest Cup who couldn’t believe how easy they were to hit.

Was finally able to get all the way through this. Hard to not appreciate koske. Shoots straight and loves his brand. I admire that.

Finally got a chance to listen today and enjoyed the conversation about club design and the added ability with the weights to reduce offset yet still be able to maintain the face closure as clubs with more.

Enjoyed the episode. But want to ask Koske fly fishing questions as well as golf ones

Finally got a chance to listen today and enjoyed the conversation about club design and the added ability with the weights to reduce offset yet still be able to maintain the face closure as clubs with more.
Clubs and tech will not disappoint.

Clubs and tech will not disappoint.
Answered a lot of questions, great to hear about the options of weights from 2g to 10g and would be quite interesting to test say Hosel to Toe 2-2-8 vs 2-4-6 like mentioned in the podcast. I’d really get down a rabbit hole with this 😆

Loved the show this week! Koskes story about the tour player hitting the wedges and instantly wanting to switch is exactly how I felt, it’s crazy that the wedges can perform so well for both tour players and a high cap like myself. I’ll vouch for the irons being able to fit any handicap as well, i was one of the 17s at the Quest Cup who couldn’t believe how easy they were to hit.
it’s so interesting to discuss this type of experience as an amateur golfer, regardless of skill level - but then when you take it to the pro level where they have full control over their swing, it starts to really tell the story well.

Back