bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
There was a local radio station that was having a poll trying to decide when everyone wanted to start hearing Christmas music played. I've always liked having a little Christmas music played from Thanksgiving or the day after until about mid December and then from there until a couple days after Christmas mostly Christmas music.

There are stores that started playing Christmas music a couple weeks ago. I mean Halloween just passed do you really need to start playing Christmas music and getting the Christmas stuff out for sale?

When do you all like hearing it?

What are some of your favorite songs?

I like Garth Brooks' version of "Silent Night". He takes a break from the song and talks about going home for his first Christmas after moving away. It's kind of sad but the way he describes the scene it's almost like he walked into my house to celebrate with us.

I also like most of the songs that the country group Alabama have redone and some of the songs they have written. I think my favorite song of theirs is "I Was Young Once Too." The last couple lines are tough for me to hear though. Makes me think of my Grandpa.

It starts the day after Thanksgiving in my mind. The same day people are allowed to set up lights and trees.

Bogeyme,

93.3 here in Columbus has been playing non-stop Xmas music for at least a couple of weeks now.

I like the music, but I think we need to wait until Black Friday at least.

I agree that Christmas music should not be played until after Thanksgiving, all though I could wait unitl the middle of December or later.

There's a local station that changes format to Christmas music on Black Friday.

My wife and daughter just can't get enough of it. Me, I can do without it. I'm just not a fan of Christmas music, never have been.

Bogeyme,

93.3 here in Columbus has been playing non-stop Xmas music for at least a couple of weeks now.

I like the music, but I think we need to wait until Black Friday at least.

I seen(saw) a commercial where they were advertising that they were playing non stop Christmas music. I don't think I'm ready for that just yet. It can wait for a couple more weeks. I'll just take a song here or there just to start warming up to the season.

I really only like classic tunes.

White Christmas - by Bing only (everyone else leave it alone)
I like Burl Ives, Nutcracker "soundtrack", etc. I don't like modern Christmas songs and I especially don't like modern singers butchering classics.

It starts the day after Thanksgiving in my mind. The same day people are allowed to set up lights and trees.

Ditto. That's when all the decorations (but the tree) go up around here. And I like real Christmas carols. None of this namby-pamby "holiday" music. Let's all sing every verse of "Joy to the World." And all the verses of "We Three Kings" (the one about Myrhh is totall cool).

I just started listening to it this week, that's on the early side but early enough.

I've heard it for years, but you know what, I really dig Manheim Steamroller. And as for a whole album, the Chicago Christmas album is THE BEST one. Anybody else have it?

51XeOb7%2BBIL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The Carpenters "Christmas Portrait" album is my all-time favorite.

christmasportrait.jpg

Karen Carpenter had one of the best voices ever (IMO).

[YOUTUBE]QnT8sYz_ASk[/YOUTUBE]

But I think they start playing WAY too early; and when Christmas stuff get put out before Halloween in over, that's too much also! A couple weeks before Christmas would be fine with me. Sometimes radio stations will play Christmas music in July when it's 100 degrees out.

Heard this twice today. Going to lunch and coming back from lunch:

[YOUTUBE]lzTG0fTLAlU[/YOUTUBE]

I agree that Christmas music should not be played until after Thanksgiving, all though I could wait unitl the middle of December or later.

I am changing my stance....Christmas music should only be played on Christmas day....

this is what i call christmas music(this sounds good on even the crappiest of speakers because of how good the performance is):

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/30kXXTdmGCo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/30kXXTdmGCo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Back