Christmas shopping? Already?

bonknhead

Reaction score
Handicap
I just purchased my first Christmas gift - a PS3 for my kids. Found a good deal online, and I wanted to get the current PS3 160gb version before the PS3 Slim comes out because the Slim isn't backward compatible with my kids' rather large PS2 game collection. The "old" PS3 will probably rise in price since Sony stopped making them. This gift will have to sit, well-hidden, in the closet for the next 4 months.

Have any of you started shopping for Christmas yet?

With 6 Grand Kids, and 20 or so other adults, my wife and shop all year long, starting in January. We save a ton of money, plus that last minute, trying to find something that is sold out scenario does get to us. No crowds either. We gave up asking what others wanted for their holiday a long time ago. They all get a few gifts from us, and a nice card with a debit card. The debit card is for them to get what ever they think they still need. Also, everyone knows that the younger Grand Daughters get the most stuff.:clapp: That's Grand Pa's rule. :D

Well it's August right? Isn't that when we're supposed to start?

In fact, if we wait any longer, we'll be late for the President's Day sales and let's not forget that Easter is right around the corner!

-JP

August is the earliest I've ever started shopping for Christmas gifts. I usually start the second week of December.

In fact, if we wait any longer, we'll be late for the President's Day sales and let's not forget that Easter is right around the corner!

lol. That's what the retailers want us to do. I'm not one of those "get-the-latest-and-greatest-before-anyone-else-does" folks. Quite the contrary - I'm buying "old technology" because it better suits my kids and their collection.

Isn't Easter a year around celebration for those of us who can golf year around? I am of the opinion that looking for golf balls is a lot like looking for easter eggs. Heck, we could go with some different colors of dye, and color up a dozen or so of our favorite brand of ball and go for it. I don't think green would be a viable color however.:D

-JP

I just purchased my first Christmas gift - a PS3 for my kids. Found a good deal online, and I wanted to get the current PS3 160gb version before the PS3 Slim comes out because the Slim isn't backward compatible with my kids' rather large PS2 game collection. The "old" PS3 will probably rise in price since Sony stopped making them. This gift will have to sit, well-hidden, in the closet for the next 4 months.

Awesome, they will love it. I use mine more for the Blu Ray than playing games. Although Tiger Woods 2010 is worth picking up.

i unloaded a semi today at shopko and pulled out christmas trees....later i stocked the shelves with all the halloween stuff!

made me sick to my stomach

I remember when I used to go out on Christmas Eve morning and buy everything. My stuff was wrapped for just a few hours! (We opened most of our stuff after Chritmas Eve mass).

I remember when I used to go out on Christmas Eve morning and buy everything. My stuff was wrapped for just a few hours! (We opened most of our stuff after Chritmas Eve mass).

You must like crowds Smalls. I avoid any kind of shopping the few days before Christmas because people tend to be stressed out.

I was in my teens bonk! I liked shopping less than I liked crowds! I would get it done in a few hours, all in one day. Looking back, I gave some really carpy gifts back then! LOL I probaby could have done the same thing in half the time if I had gone earlier, but I always tried to put it off, every year!

I always buy my Christmas cards 50% off on December 26. For the following year--they get out early.

The kids get ornaments in their stockings every year, and I usually pick them up in Maine.

In general, if I start too early, I just keep seeing things and buying them, so I end up buying more stuff. My kids have way too much stuff as it is.

I went waaaaaay overboard this year* when I stopped over in London and Paris and saw soooo much stuff for the girls I was done in June! (Seriously it was kinda cool I picked up all kinds of designer bags like Versace, Gucci etc for extremely good prices since they were previous years models, doubt they will care, they look pretty cool imo, but then again I am a guy soooo......)

For my dad, bro, and bro-in-law I had to order their stuff back in January to insure the 12-36 week waiting period wouldn't mean I gave them pictures of the upper parts they are getting. (only bolt group/assembly and barrel, they can put their own furniture and other doo dads if they want too not paying that much)

*Deployments/contracting def have their perks too, lots of extra hazadous duty pay, no taxes (kinda) since it is over-seas, and atm's aren't on the corner near the Starbuc's! :D

Back