Christmas Trees - Preference??

tdinbr

Water hazards are tough!
Reaction score
Handicap
Real, artificial or none (bah humbug!)??

We have had an artificial tree for the past few years. My wife has 2 cats and apparently pine needles are poisonous to cats.

I do miss the pine smell of a real tree though...

2 years ago we bought a really nice artificial tree the day after Christmas. Was originally $800 and we got it for half off. It was a long term monetary decision more than anything.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Always had artificial...newer models are so easy to put up compared to old and pre-lit too.

artificial.....pre-lit....fake pine smell

I prefer to have no Christmas tree. No mess, no time decorating it, or un decorating it. ;)

Yes I am a grinch.

Silver poll. It bears no markings of any kind.

One of the cool things about living in Oregon is the ability to drive 10 minutes and go cut down your own Christmas tree. I definitely prefer a real tree, but I can appreciate the convenience of fake trees (especially the ones that are prelit). There is something about a nice, freshly cut Noble fir though that just says Christmas.

I have a real tree... cut it down myself. None of these precut lot tree's going on here... Yes, it's more work but I still like having the real deal.

Artificial pre-lit tree that we bought years ago and while its a pain to put up and shape, it looks fantastic when done. And its still easier then going out in the wet, cold weather looking for a real tree and then lugging it home. Up until this year we had no problems with the lights but now a few of them are out. Time for a new fake tree I guess.

Frasier Fir, gotta have the real deal in the house!

Never have had a fake tree. Love the real!

Went with a Fraser Fir this year! Might be the nicest tree we've had.

Steel Tappin'

None for us this year. Just Liz and I, will be gone most of the time, so not even going to bother. Her cat would have too much fun in it anyway.

Never have had a fake tree. Love the real!

Went with a Fraser Fir this year! Might be the nicest tree we've had.

Steel Tappin'
Ive always gone with the Frasier, its a good one to go with.

Artificial.

Fake one that the old lady who used to own the house left in the basement. I think it's about 27 years old, but it looks like a tree and I didn't have to spend money on it. Win-win!

Got a Fraser Fir! Love the smell in the house!

And there is our Fraser Fir.

Steel Tappin'

Been using a fake tree since we have been married, have a nice fake prelit one :D Growing up my parents always had the real fir tree, I remember when my grandmother bought one of those fake metal trees that you put the tri colored revolving light on and we thought that thing was awful.

We only buy Noble Fir Christmas trees and they are the best. They cost a little more, aboot $75 for a 6 footer but smell, looks, branch thickness and awesomeness is second to none.

Fake tree for me.. we did a real one last year, but its just too much work

None. I have a rather large dog that likes to eat ornaments and mark his territory. Plus no kids of our own, and my wife and I don't make a big deal about it for each other because we would rather spend the money on gifts for our 7 nieces and nephews.

We went to the fake, pre-lit last year. I found it at Home Depot for 100. Someone had bought it new for about 300. When they got home, some lights weren't working. So, they brought it back. HD put it back out for $125. I talked 'em down to a hundy, took it home, replaced the non-working lights, and BAM! 8' of awesomeness sittin' by the fireplace. God Bless lazy people.

when we lived near family, real was a must, now that we live far away and travel at the holidays, its been fake for the past few years

Back