Post turkey day mandate for tree setup... Still celebrating fall

I’ll post when it goes up. Did we miss thanksgiving?

I got my ornament put up, the tree is complete now.
3DBD40EA-726D-423C-A825-4812A2645421.jpeg

Fake. Never had a really tree due to family allergies.

What kind of tree is that? It looks so full and real. Our tree is only 7.5ft but our new house has 15’ ceilings so we are considering a new, taller tree. That and our current tree is super old.

I've held off as long as I can. No doubt we'll be Christmas maxed by next weekend.

Wife is determined to buy a new tree this year as our old one is... faltering. I'm trying to buy time for the sales hahaha #OneMore

We have been looking too for the reasons stated above.

Had a bit of downtime today so decided to put tree together....about 95% complete. We needed a bit of Christmas cheer .... I think this is the earliest we’ve ever put it up.

F4FA6E87-E521-40BA-B194-B5DDA0836DE9.jpeg

What kind of tree is that? It looks so full and real. Our tree is only 7.5ft but our new house has 15’ ceilings so we are considering a new, taller tree. That and our current tree is super old.

Ordered from Frontgate 3 years ago when we moved into this place. About 2 inches to spare from touching the 10' ceiling with the star on top, lol.

Have 2 artificial trees and my wife wants a third. Will probably put at least one up next weekend.

I think my neighbor went just a bit too Griswold with his tree. We all laughed as he push it into his house.

Just a bit of sap I bet. 😂
F0BF4F9C-644D-42A7-A165-CBF50957AA9F.jpeg

We usually put our tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. Firstly because I believe in one holiday at a time, secondly if the tree farm opened before thanksgiving I would lose my first point and the wife would make me get it earlier. Hoping for a much bigger tree this year as we have some house projects that will finish in a couple days and give us alot more room.

Bah-damn-humbug.

No tree here save for any that may fall on my house.

But I appreciate the holiday spirit, too many years doing my job has relieved it of me.

Messy divorce and health concerns have me happy that my yard is ready for winter, let alone decorating.

But don’t let me pee on the parade! That wasn’t my intent. I just have a grinch’s soul. Ask my ex. She’ll tell you! Lol.

Loving this thread - we definitely need a little Christmas spirit right now.

We have been looking too for the reasons stated above.
I want you guys to buy a tree that only a ladder will allow you to decorate... a BIG ladder.

I need a step stool now to decorate our 7.5’ tree so anything taller and I will need one haha.
thus... BIG one. hahaha, I knew you were going to come back with that!

My sister's birthday is Dec. 12th. We would put the tree up after her birthday, a couple times on the day. I'll never understand why Christmas begins in November for some people... Christmas is a day not a season.

My sister's birthday is Dec. 12th. We would put the tree up after her birthday, a couple times on the day. I'll never understand why Christmas begins in November for some people... Christmas is a day not a season.

Not in my job. Christmas starts 11/01 and ends 01/01. Hell im not even allowed to take a day off in that timeframe.

I just finished my outside decorations today. Pictures will come tomorrow!

we live in an old 1940s Farm house that we remodeled. It’s smaller but feels like home. Love our decorations this year! I’ll take pics of everything lit up this evening.
3C728BE7-6891-4461-9B2D-903BE431D3F4.jpeg
2FFBB22B-2178-496A-B897-B64BA3A0F991.jpeg6EC56626-3A18-4CCE-9B2F-DB69CCFCE4B9.jpeg104091FD-717C-46E3-A874-CE98387691E7.jpegF2AF42E0-5F79-45CE-9E6E-2D4F2EC9B7E0.jpeg642B41B8-BFC5-4ED0-8616-25D48F458E53.jpeg

Yes Christmas is a day but the season itself along with the decorations bring a lot of joy to some, myself included. Plus when you are deployed for almost every Christmas for the first 4 years in the Navy, you tend to treat the season a little different. I also think this year some people need extra joy in their life with all the craziness going on in the world, even if it’s just a picture or few.

Back