Claw Max Golf Gloves

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New glove from CaddyDaddy and it just arrived. Feels really good and quite a bit different than their previous gloves.

The all-new Claw™ Max Golf Gloves are designed to fit and feel like premium leather gloves but unlike typical leather gloves Max gloves provide amazing durability with a superior grip. The full ultra-soft synthetic leather top hand with spandex inserts provides exceptional comfort. The palm is constructed of full synthetic suede layered with the exclusive silicone web coating Claw gloves are known for.

• Ultra-Soft Synthetic Leather Promotes Added Stability
  • Silicone-Web Coating on Palm Enhances Amazing Grip
  • Looks New Longer than Leather
  • Palm will not Crack, Harden or Tear
  • Remarkable Comfort and Performance
  • Lasts 3-5 Times Longer than Most Leather Gloves
  • Produced with 100% Synthetic Materials
  • Machine Washable
  • Conforms with the Rules of Golf
Cost $25
THP 15% discount code is still active and will work on the Max and our other gloves at www.clawglove.com.
THP is the code and includes free USPS shipping in the US.

ClaMax-Highlighted-2.jpg ClaMax-Highlighted-3.jpg

We will be testing this one out soon and have a full review and comparison to their other models.

Last edited:
Very interesting. It will be telling if it breaths as good as leather in the summer heat and if the silicone holds up. May be worth a try.

• Admin
Very interesting. It will be telling if it breaths as good as leather in the summer heat and if the silicone holds up. May be worth a try.
In the previous line, it offered plenty of breathing as well as durability that was better than anything I have tried before. I know @Jman got some crazy number of rounds on a single glove.

Big fan of the original Claw Daddy glove and hope to pick one of the Max gloves soon to try.

Interesting that they went with leather here. I felt that part of what made the initial Claw gloves so good was the fact I could toss it in the bag and it wouldn't crease and then feel uncomfortable. That's and the material on the original was very breathable. The palm side will last, I have no doubt about that. I'm sure they did their homework on the leather upper, but I just don't know what I think about it yet. If the glove as a whole gets the same life as the original, I'd be very, very happy. If it's breathable, I'd be happy. Just wonder about each with a first look here.

Never tried this glove but interesting. I’m a creature of habit when it comes to golf gloves for the most part. Lol

Will definitely be trying one of these. Still on my original Claw and have more than 50 rounds on it and have washed it 10 or so times.

Interesting that they went with leather here. I felt that part of what made the initial Claw gloves so good was the fact I could toss it in the bag and it wouldn't crease and then feel uncomfortable. That's and the material on the original was very breathable. The palm side will last, I have no doubt about that. I'm sure they did their homework on the leather upper, but I just don't know what I think about it yet. If the glove as a whole gets the same life as the original, I'd be very, very happy. If it's breathable, I'd be happy. Just wonder about each with a first look here.
The top hand is synthetic leather which allows this model to be machine washable like the others (cold water / hang dry recommended). Definitely not as breathable as the Pro or original models but we added spandex inserts to add comfort and airflow and should be as breathable as a typical leather glove or better. The palm is synthetic suede with silicone just like our other gloves. We developed this one for players that like a tight fitting leather glove.

Based on our testing, the glove doesn't need any extra care (ziplock etc.) as the synthetic materials aren't prone to drying out. Thanks!

Love the original and Pro glove and have kind of gotten used to the fabric instead of leather. Not sure I'd go this route.

Yeah, I am a big fan of the original... this might be a winter only glove for me as I really like the mesh material on the back of the original. But the original is so good I will probably check it out.

I dug the concept and execution of the original Claw gloves. But since the Pro version came out, I really feel like I've found my perfect glove. I love that the fit is a little more snug, and I really like the gray color. I bought it in February and I've put a stupid number of rounds on it since then and it still looks and feels new.

I'm sure there is a market for these synthetic leather-looking MAX gloves, but it's probably not going to be me. I was using the Callaway mesh type gloves before the Claw and Claw PRO came out, so I'll stick with the mesh of the Claw Pro for now. I don't want to mess with perfect. :)

The top hand is synthetic leather which allows this model to be machine washable like the others (cold water / hang dry recommended). Definitely not as breathable as the Pro or original models but we added spandex inserts to add comfort and airflow and should be as breathable as a typical leather glove or better. The palm is synthetic suede with silicone just like our other gloves. We developed this one for players that like a tight fitting leather glove.

Based on our testing, the glove doesn't need any extra care (ziplock etc.) as the synthetic materials aren't prone to drying out. Thanks!
Thanks @Rod Dunlap I always appreciate your feedback here. Never had a concern about the palm as I love it, but the explanation of the synthetic upper is great.

The last time there was a “what glove do you use” thread floating around here is when I got introduced to Claw gloves. I ended up ordering the original and pro to see which one I’d like better. Turns out the original is nice, but the pro is darn near perfect. I like the tighter fit, the grey color, the materials used...can’t find anything wrong with it.

I’ll probably end up trying this one eventually, like when I have to order another claw pro. But until then I’m pretty much set on the pro.

The last time there was a “what glove do you use” thread floating around here is when I got introduced to Claw gloves. I ended up ordering the original and pro to see which one I’d like better. Turns out the original is nice, but the pro is darn near perfect. I like the tighter fit, the grey color, the materials used...can’t find anything wrong with it.

I’ll probably end up trying this one eventually, like when I have to order another claw pro. But until then I’m pretty much set on the pro.

Blah. I couldn't resist. Ordered the Max :LOL:

I'm going to have to get some to try!!

I'll definitely be picking one of these up in the fall before the colder months arrive, but I love the breathability and comfort of the Original as a summer glove. Rod/Caddy Daddy do their homework before they release a product, so I feel pretty confident that the synthetic leather in the Max will be good. I've gotten 50+ rounds out of every Claw glove I've owned so far and the grip is amazing.

Okay so I just wore it for about 20 swings in the tech studio and came away pretty impressed. For those that are used to a leather feeling glove, this feels pretty traditional. With that said it still has some major grip going on.

I love my original & show it off to anyone that will check it out to help get the word out about them. I may have to try 1 of these for winter time.

We've been made aware of some quality issues with the synthetic leather on the Max glove. Unfortunately the quality of fabric was not consistent with the preproduction samples we received.

Since we don't know the extent of the issue we're going to refund all purchases made for the Max by end of day tomorrow.
Obviously I'm disappointed and frustrated and terribly sorry for hyping up a product that did not meet our quality standards.

After we fix the issue, we will be sure to ask THPers to help us test the improved version before we relaunch.

Thank you,
Rod

We've been made aware of some quality issues with the synthetic leather on the Max glove. Unfortunately the quality of fabric was not consistent with the preproduction samples we received.

Since we don't know the extent of the issue we're going to refund all purchases made for the Max by end of day tomorrow.
Obviously I'm disappointed and frustrated and terribly sorry for hyping up a product that did not meet our quality standards.

After we fix the issue, we will be sure to ask THPers to help us test the improved version before we relaunch.

Thank you,
Rod
That right there is good business & one of the reasons I will continue to wear the claw daddy glove & promote it to whoever I play with.

Thank you,
Rod
Now that's transparency and standing behind your product! Well done, Rod - hope you can work the kinks out of it quickly.

Once the issue is fixed I will be a purchaser. I love the original. Just opened a new one this year and I expect to use almost the whole season. The durability on these is so good.

That’s incredible customer care right there. Well done.

Once these are re-released, the machine washable aspect sounds pretty cool!

Back