dehdeh

Reaction score
Handicap
For any of you that use a form of these grips, what are the best tips that you can offer. I am going to try it.

Additionally, do I need a more straight-back/straight-through stroke and face-balanced putter? Or, like the pros I have seen employ it, will a putter that promotes a slight arc be better?

for me and my yips, i need face balanced. feeling the putter head want to swing is an issue for me.

i would recommend a no taper grip. oversized.

for me and my yips, i need face balanced. feeling the putter head want to swing is an issue for me.

i would recommend a no taper grip. oversized.

Many thanks!

I’ve been using a claw grip for many years. My recent CC putter fitting put me in a 30* toe hang putter. It works very well.

I'm combining the saw grip with this, and it has been VERY effective:

I got fitted earlier in the year by CC with the claw grip and the recommendation was a face balanced mallet. My point based on @vintagebob 's post above is that it does depend on your stroke. For me the claw isn't about changing your stroke but about keeping the jumpy right hand out of the stroke. Make your normal stroke with the claw grip and it tends to keep the flip out of the bottom of the stroke.

For any of you that use a form of these grips, what are the best tips that you can offer. I am going to try it.

Additionally, do I need a more straight-back/straight-through stroke and face-balanced putter? Or, like the pros I have seen employ it, will a putter that promotes a slight arc be better?
I dont find that putter style matters. Ive used it with both face balanced and heel shafted blade putters. IMO, it doesnt change the arc of your swing so much as it takes the wrists out of it and prevents you from getting to handsy/flippy with the putter.

I got fitted earlier in the year by CC with the claw grip and the recommendation was a face balanced mallet. My point based on @vintagebob 's post above is that it does depend on your stroke. For me the claw isn't about changing your stroke but about keeping the jumpy right hand out of the stroke. Make your normal stroke with the claw grip and it tends to keep the flip out of the bottom of the stroke.

That was my experience. My instructor used video and showed where my right hand got twitchy and we switched to a claw grip.

I always had a straight back/straight through, so it was a face balanced putter for me. I also use the SuperStroke Claw 2.0 putter grip. It just fit my hands a little better. Though any oversize grip works.

Back