Clean Flight Personal Golf Ball Washer

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Dirty golf balls, we all suffer from them, and we all have our specific go-to’s when it comes to cleaning them and getting them back into play. For some, it’s a wet towel, for others it has been the on-course ball washers…until COVID, where many courses have removed them altogether.

So, you know what they say, necessity is the mother of all invention. And so the Clean Flight Personal Golf Ball Washer was born.

Continue reading...

Agree about this with the same points, it’s great idea that was created out of necessity but 35$ for what the towel already does I don’t know if I’d go right out to get one.

It’s early and I had to read the subject line a few times before it sunk in. Haha

Looks pretty functional for what it is. I can say that.

Great write up an interesting & much needed offering these days. Price point isn’t to bad. Does it function like the ball washers of old? I am assuming yes.

I am not sure I would buy one, but based on the pictures, and your thoughts, it seems it works every bit as well as a traditional on-course ball washer.

The price is absolutely less than I expected, so I can see them gaining some traction as golfers are always looking for new "toys".

Nice review James.

Good review. It’s very interesting and definitely looks like it gets the job done. Not sure how much better it does than cheaper alternatives though.

@Jman the article said you use it like any other ball washer. Does that mean that it cleans with an “in and out” action, as opposed to twisting the top and “spinning”?

Great review @Jman! I think you are spot on with everything about this ball washer. It's priced where I'll consider it, but high enough priced where I'll consider alternatives. IFF courses continue to get rid of a ball washer entirely, would I consider it, or if it was sold for half price. My immediate thought was, ohh geez how much is refill solution for that bottle.

Based on brush and holder set up seems up and down. Great for people that want it. Feel $35 might be outside the sweetspot but not bad. Fills a niche that I'm not sure is there, but you can guarantee you have water to clean your balls vs dry towel near end of the round.

Soo many options here and have to stick to the old school wipe.

It looks like a standard on course ball washer. You pump it up and down and the insides spin the ball to clean it.

@Jman the article said you use it like any other ball washer. Does that mean that it cleans with an “in and out” action, as opposed to twisting the top and “spinning”?
Exactly same thought I had.

A towel does the job but had to add this.

This product has @OldandStiff written all over it. I think we are all in favor of a more hygienic cleaner for him!:D Price point not bad either.

I can see it for riders and the pushcart brigade. Good idea, seems well executed.

For the Dad that has everything!
Perfect Stocking Stuffer or Grab Bag Gift.
And I agree with @Desmond - It's perfect for the #pushcart mafia

Good concept considering where a lot of people are today with the COVID approach regarding personal space and "community access" to certain things.
Easy enough to attach to a bag or throw in the cart. But personally, I don't know if I would go for this considering the price point, when a towel on the bag accomplishes the same thing.

Correct, same motion as golf ball washers on course. (y)

Good concept considering where a lot of people are today with the COVID approach regarding personal space and "community access" to certain things.
Easy enough to attach to a bag or throw in the cart. But personally, I don't know if I would go for this considering the price point, when a towel on the bag accomplishes the same thing.
I know a lot of guys who pay similar for a towel.

But, it’s like I said in the article, it won’t be for everyone, though at least it’s a creative concept and there will be a segment who are all about it.

I can see it for riders and the pushcart brigade. Good idea, seems well executed.
That’s the one thing I didn’t check, if it’ll fit in my ClicGear cup holder.

This product has @OldandStiff written all over it. I think we are all in favor of a more hygienic cleaner for him!:D Price point not bad either.
I was surprised to see the price where it is, most companies tend to overprice to start, I don’t think they did that here, so it will at least gain some consideration by some.

Nice article @Jman . @BigDill From looking at the photos, there's a channel the rack slides in. Put the ball in the rack and move it up and down in the water/cleaner solution.

Yes, it can be countered that a towel does the same thing. And the price point is too high. $35? for a ball washer that I can do the same thing with a towel? Well, if you look at some of the quality offerings for towels (like players towel or a logoed towel from an OEM or ball manufacturer) you're looking at close to or more than that price.

I'm typically a drag the ball across the turf kind of guy mainly because I don't want to get my towels dirty. (That means I need to wash them. And dry them. And fold them. And remember them the next time I go golfing... and I've forgotten them repeatedly because of that.)

This thing looks like something I'd like to pick up.(y)(y)

Great review @Jman! I think you are spot on with everything about this ball washer. It's priced where I'll consider it, but high enough priced where I'll consider alternatives. IFF courses continue to get rid of a ball washer entirely, would I consider it, or if it was sold for half price. My immediate thought was, ohh geez how much is refill solution for that bottle.
You don’t need to use the solution, a drop of dawn works too.

Back