Clean Flight Personal Golf Ball Washer

I almost pulled the trigger on one of these last week, but shipping got me. Couldn't do it.

I got my Clean Flight personal golf ball washer today. First thing I noticed, is how sturdy it is. The top seals securely with a slight twist and the water doesn’t leak out. It came with a small, plastic bottle of cleaning solution which is added to to the device just a drop or two at a time along with water. It appears that the solution is like liquid hand soap with nearly the same ingredients. The size of the ball washer will easily fit in the cup holder of a cart but comes with a short strap and carabiner for attachment to your golf bag. Cleaning your ball is like using a normal ball washer. 4 brushes on the inside do the job well. If there is a drawback, it might be that you’ll need to clean it on a regular basis. I won’t be able to use it on the course for several months but I can see how dirt will build up quickly. Dump out the dirty water, refill with clean and some soap, shake it up and rinse it out should take care of it. It won’t be easy to dry it out, but keeping it clean is going to require some effort, certainly more than you’d have to do than using a damp towel. I ride a cart all the time and having the ball washer up front with me is going to be a lot handier than the towel that hangs on my bag. I’m happy with the purchase, it’s well made and should last for many years.

It was an unusually mild day today in Northwest Indiana so I got out and played giving me the chance to try out the Clean Flight ball washer. The course was damp and the ball picked up mud on nearly every shot. The course had also removed all the ball washers. This was a perfect time to have the personal ball washer with me. It worked perfectly. Having in a cup holder in the cart my partner and I both had easy access to it and it worked exactly as advertised. I clipped a small towel to it so I could dry the ball off which I highly recommend. I’m very happy I bought this. It will be used on every round from now on.

this arrived today, some initial thoughts.

It works as advertised, although I would not call it watertight. There was dripping when held upside down, curiously more dripping when less-than-full. Regular shaking around was fine though. The gasket is thin and imo more for lightly holding the 1/6-turn lid in place. A dual gasket system would have been better. There is some user-serviceability as the bristle stacks are held in with Torx security screws.

The packaging says Made in Canada - I don't know what this applies to. The box? The product? The cleaning solution? The strap? There is a very similar product/knockoff under a different brand name.

interesting product, but I know my golfing buddies well enough that there would be way too many jokes about a personal ball washer. I'll just have to stick to the damp towel.

my 2-word long-term review of this:

Just fine

More:

the single small O-ring isn't robust enough to be 100% watertight, maybe this has changed?

the bristles could be longer and stiffer

the included carabiner is garbage

it's kind of annoying to use when dangling off a stand bag, I recommend it for use in/on a cart

very convenient especially if your course is bereft of ball cleaners

I think this is a $20-$25 product

Back