Cleaning Golf Shoes. What do you do?

Magic eraser works like well...magic. Keeps the uppers looking like new for a long time. I clean out the soles with a dish washing brush. Not my wife’s kitchen sink brush but you get the idea.

I think you've been following me around. ? That is exactly what I do!

Magic eraser works like well...magic. Keeps the uppers looking like new for a long time. I clean out the soles with a dish washing brush. Not my wife’s kitchen sink brush but you get the idea.
This is my go to also. It works awesome and I haven't had any kind of issues so far.

the 9-hole we play keeps an air hose out...just blow 'em out and go home.

I clean mine after every round to make sure they don't build up grass or dirt. Usually a warm cloth and then I'll get a baby wipe or magic eraser for the tougher spots.

I take my Ecco’s to the shoemaker at the end of the season and have them cleaned up and waterproofed

If I'm cleaning first thing I do is remove cleats and replace all that are worn....scrub em up good. Clean em up with wet towel. Apply some polish or wax depending on surface.

I normally just bang them together to knock any grass out of the cleats and other than that, I let it ride.

All I've ever done is use the shoe bristles at the course to knock off the big stuff before leaving. Then Magic Eraser on the sole, wipe the upper with a damp towel.

As for the Magic Eraser, I actually buy a generic version off of ebay. Last purchase was 100 of them for only $11. They disintegrate faster but work just as well.

Went the washing machine approach on my Lunar Control Vapors. They’re better than before, but didn’t clean off as much as I was expecting.

I knock them together to get the muck off the bottom then wipe them down with a dry towel.

occasionally they get wiped off with a sponge but that’s only if they are really bad.

Today I did a thorough cleaning of 2 pairs today. I actually cleaned them like I do my dress shoes - saddle soap, Saphir Leather balm and then Saphir Medaille D’Or Cream.

These two pair turned out great.
24C96B94-8155-41FF-B6B7-9998554D8490.jpeg479A20F0-5698-4869-AA1A-1830F620AE48.jpeg

I cleaned another pair today. They were in very rough shape. The leather just Kept soaking up the leather balm.
329DD873-BC74-4944-A0E3-608CB5810307.jpegB4CECE18-1CED-46C1-B122-D8802E383CB6.jpeg

Nice tip on the magic eraser. I’ll have to try that. Usually I’ll just wipe them down with a wet rag. If they’re getting ugly, toss em and get a new pair.

I take out the insoles. Get them wet. Use whatever is handy but I do have shoe cleaner that is soapy. Scrub em, rinse em. Air dry with new paper inside to absorb some of the moisture . If really bad light scrub with Mr. clean magic eraser.

Bang em out after the round. If they munged up, toss em

Air hose at the club for the soles , wet cloth for the uppers. Machine wash when they get really bad. Magic eraser to touch up problem areas. They are all Eccos

Knock them together to get all the dirt/grass out of the soles, wipe them down with a damp cloth when I get home and put cedar shoe trees in them. Every few rounds I hit them with leather conditioner, and a couple times a year I'll break out the neutral shoe polish and give them a couple coats.

I’m gonna need to try that. I can seem to find a way to keep the leather upper white clean. And that “sports” white shoe polish doesn’t work for me at all.

Back