Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP Preview of the coming soon hybrid iron set from Cleveland.

http://bit.ly/SmsK2k

In Hand Pictures - These were of the wedge. The back of the club is larger in longer irons.

i-KqKMjjx-L.jpg

i-NZcHLxp-L.jpg

i-VQd24Jm-L.jpg

i-4p7dZm8-L.jpg

i-DTwMNjW-L.jpg

i-brDcN78-L.jpg

i-9BgQsLh-L.jpg

i-g8xqpgs-L.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, those were not what I was expecting, a forged face in a SGI line. I like how the OEMs seem to be going with easier to adjust hosels too.

Those look interesting. Kind of remind me of a mix of the Nike SQ or Slingbacks.

This photo reminds me of the Hi-Bore offering that Cleveland had. Looking forward to seeing more photos and reading up on the tech in this set.

This photo reminds me of the Hi-Bore offering that Cleveland had. Looking forward to seeing more photos and reading up on the tech in this set.
Exactly what I though, Cookie.

Im intrigued, curious to see more pictures of these. Seems Cleveland is really expanding the 588 line for this upcoming year.

I wouldn't mind trying one or two of these in the 4-5 slot. Being able to adjust to the specs of my other irons is a big plus.

Hollow design, forged face, bendable hosels. That's just not fair!!! Cleveland has really surged in the last few years. I can't wait to read the reviews of these bad boys!

I am curious to learn what the stock steel shaft will be.

• Admin
I wouldn't mind trying one or two of these in the 4-5 slot. Being able to adjust to the specs of my other irons is a big plus.

Agree here. In 2013, I am finally thinking about tweaking the bottom half of my bag gap wise and this might be the ticket.

Agree here. In 2013, I am finally thinking about tweaking the bottom half of my bag gap wise and this might be the ticket.

That's pretty much it too. I love the hybrid set up I have, but the gap between irons/hybrids is definitely there.

These in a 5-6 iron would be awesome. Then transition into more standard irons.

Frank was telling me about these. Definitely interesting. But even for me, these might be a little big. Cant wait to hit them though as I bet they are easy to whack. This seems to be the year of the adjustable hosel

Wow. That design is pretty wild. I bet these do have some forgiveness to them.

As has been said, I'd definitely ponder one of these in the 4 spot. Intriguing!

Exactly what I though, Cookie.

Im intrigued, curious to see more pictures of these. Seems Cleveland is really expanding the 588 line for this upcoming year.

Having played the Hi-Bore for a couple of years I too saw the same thing. Maybe a combination of the lines and technology?

Frank was telling me about these. Definitely interesting. But even for me, these might be a little big. Cant wait to hit them though as I bet they are easy to whack. This seems to be the year of the adjustable hosel

I am all about a big game improvement club right now. I've seen the light. If these are 1/2 way as good as the black irons they are a winner

Yeah I could see these as a hybrid replacement. Just once you get to the 7I, not so much. Can't wait to steal them out of your bag for some swings

Even though I could probably use the forgiveness these provide, I really struggle with the mental side of playing a hybrid iron set. I really like some of the technological/design improvements they've listed there though. I appreciate that Cleveland took the time and effort in incorporating a forged face and fitting adjustments into their GI/SGI sets.

These are definitely interesting to say the least. Would love to give these a go as the claims they make are all parts of my game that need help.

Pretty good design. Kind of reminds me of the old Hibore XL irons.

John Deere Tap'n

I bet these are super easy to hit and get up in the sky.

They really are something different. Kind of a modern throwback to the older Cleveland hybrid sets with a totally new spin on it. The design is awesome looking.

Im wondering if anybody hit the Cleveland HB line of clubs that has been out over the last few years. People are talking about the Hibore sets, but the HB line came out after that and this seems like a nice evolution from that line.

I don't remember hitting the HBs.

Nice to see some added customization for irons of these class. Changing the lie angle could be a huge benefit for players looking for both forgiveness and a customized fit.

Not something I intend to give a run at, but I am sure it's going to be great for higher handicaps.

Back