Cleveland 588 Altitude Hybrid Irons Preview

Hmm,my thoughts may be right. Only two weeks away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might lose my mind if they bring a new Altitudes to market!! Fingers crossed!

I might lose my mind if they bring a new Altitudes to market!! Fingers crossed!

Altitudes are some of JB favourite clubs,thinking if I guessing is right. He is loving this set very much already.

Altitudes are some of JB favourite clubs,thinking if I guessing is right. He is loving this set very much already.

Man I so hopeso. Updated Altitudes are definitely on the list if they are coming!!!!

Still love my old ones, they aren't leaving my collection!

Man I so hopeso. Updated Altitudes are definitely on the list if they are coming!!!!

Still love my old ones, they aren't leaving my collection!

Yeah Brad,they have a cult following. I never hit them myself but I can change that.

I've hit these one time and came away very impressed. Crazy looking tools but man do they work.

I've hit these one time and came away very impressed. Crazy looking tools but man do they work.

If I recall correctly it went like this:

Doug: *swings*, looks at ball for high long and straight, looks at me, "Get this the hell away from me"

If I recall correctly it went like this:

Doug: *swings*, looks at ball for high long and straight, looks at me, "Get this the hell away from me"
Haha...pretty much. Such a fun time that was.

I would love to see this happen. Everything I have heard about the Altitudes is positive especially mid to high HC like myself. A new version would be awesome. 19 more days!

I would love to see this happen. Everything I have heard about the Altitudes is positive especially mid to high HC like myself. A new version would be awesome. 19 more days!

19 days,time flies. I would rock the altitudes for sure. Excited to see their design ,the new styling of Cleveland is really sharp looking

it wouldn't surprise me to see a new Altitude resembling updated Smart Sole 3s

^^ I was kinda hoping for the same finish as the Last CG Black irons. But the new smart sole 3.0 styling would work too. Reminds me of the Ping hydropearl finish.

Someone saw my bag today (w/ Altitude irons) at the range and said that a new iteration (he used the term "HiBore") is coming out from Cleveland later in the year.
He didn't have specifics yet but said his Cleveland rep mentioned it the other day.
Sept/Oct timeframe-ish.

The only question I asked was if it would be under the Srixon name and he said, nope.... Cleveland.

#Can'tWait

I might hold off on getting the Cobra King OS Irons then.

Would love to see an updated version of the 588s. Mine are in rest mode at present but all the noise has me now considering putting them back in the bag. Gonna follow this closely!

I am tossing the 7, 9, and DW back into my bag this week. Want to do some comparisons vs the C200s.

I love the C200s, but remember launching high and landing soft and sticking greens with the Altitudes. Need to see if my memory is still correct!

Someone might know this.... I am interested in swapping my senior A flex shaft HB3s for a set of 588 altitudes in ladies flex. which is the ladies flex,...is it L or S and what is the shaft?
I have seen 50g shafts and a 55actionlite being sold as ladies.
Want to get it right

Really keen to know.
TIA

Someone might know this.... I am interested in swapping my senior A flex shaft HB3s for a set of 588 altitudes in ladies flex. which is the ladies flex,...is it L or S and what is the shaft?
I have seen 50g shafts and a 55actionlite being sold as ladies.
Want to get it right

Really keen to know.
TIA

Ladies flex would be "L".
S flex is stiff and meant for longer hitters.

The 55 ActionLite shaft is the stock Graphite shaft that came in the Altitudes and was offered in L, A, R and S flexes. The Traction 85 is the stock steel shaft that came in them. Same flex offerings.

Hope that helps

Thank you...really helpful. Very disappointed as these have been wrongly advertised as ladies and they are S shaft.....opposite end of the game!

Thank you...really helpful. Very disappointed as these have been wrongly advertised as ladies and they are S shaft.....opposite end of the game!

The Action Lites in the Altitudes play surprisingly true to flex, not like wet noodles. There were a couple of big hitters in the thread that were just fine with the standard stiffs.

You would be surprised how few used sets are out there on the market in this set. Not that I've been looking or anything...especially stiff. :)

You would be surprised how few used sets are out there on the market in this set. Not that I've been looking or anything...especially stiff. :)

LOL, no kidding.

Makes me super happy to have my set with Recoils in them stashed away in the "spare bag"... perhaps they need to make their way to the main bag in honor of the guys at The Shootout!

We’re back...... :D

Set from eBay just arrived and these babies are basically brand new. Time to pull shafts and install some Recoils!

0681d2f97ab1efcdfe85e842798d0592.jpg

74eaa3accb1afb903a8b30189be5c59f.jpg

d38766a0bec3820bb51efb5edc17b7d7.jpg

Lets see some Cookie Altitude Hole of the Day videos again!!

Threw the 4/5/6 back in my bag tonight.

So happy I did when the 5 Altitude provided me with my shot of the night, leading to a league playoff win.

Not bad for a club I hadn't swung in almost a year!

Back