Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

Thank you for stopping at 1*!
You dudes weren't kidding. I know I'm capable of hitting such beautiful irons but I've become accustomed to the more stronger lofted end of things. You know what though? Who cares in the end, I want a bag full of badass looking stuff and Cleveland is delivering. After reading about the turf interaction I am thinking it might be a hindrance to jack up the lofts a little bit. 1* stronger across the board should sufice just nicely for me.

there are some in here and some in the Cleveland Morgan Cup thread. Stop skimming.

It's easy to skim over one and two line updates bro. :beat-up:

It's easy to skim over one and two line updates bro. :beat-up:

maybe I should have said they were the best irons I've ever hit and question why people wouldn't want something that makes the game easier

maybe I should have said they were the best irons I've ever hit and question why people wouldn't want something that makes the game easier

Huh? I think you said that about just about everything you hit in Florida. Such the politician.

Gentlemen! Lets just agree that I am the better ball striker

That is quite a summary of a great day on the course! MCrs will be dialing with some amazing equipment

I can agree to that.

Stink bombs maybe. I think you will really like these irons coming from a players iron like the V2's Hawk. I immediately liked these coming from the PC's.

Stink bombs maybe. I think you will really like these irons coming from a players iron like the V2's Hawk. I immediately liked these coming from the PC's.

you liked them more than I did

I did like them quite a bit. The feel was very crisp

Thank you for a great update JB, funny with the bay tee doos. I'm still thinking these may be a little outside of my comfort area but they are hard to resist. I'm glad they are a very quality set though considering my fears earlier about them not living up to the 588 standard.

--
tapatalk

Thank you for a great update JB, funny with the bay tee doos. I'm still thinking these may be a little outside of my comfort area but they are hard to resist. I'm glad they are a very quality set though considering my fears earlier about them not living up to the 588 standard.

--
tapatalk

I have made the decision that I feel the same as you SW, and am back to leaning towards the blacks.

I will be hitting the 588 mb and cb (and blacks) on Wednesday at the range with my local Cleveland rep. Anyone want me to do specific tests or pics? I know there are a good number of members here that are drooling over these bad boys!

I will be hitting the 588 mb and cb (and blacks) on Wednesday at the range with my local Cleveland rep. Anyone want me to do specific tests or pics? I know there are a good number of members here that are drooling over these bad boys!

Thoughts on the forgiveness of the CBs would be highly appreciated, especially coming from someone that plays the Burner 2.0 irons.

Thoughts on the forgiveness of the CBs would be highly appreciated, especially coming from someone that plays the Burner 2.0 irons.
No prob ary. I will also get some in hand pics and comparison pics if I can. I think the 588 cb's are going to be my gamers this year. I just need to put some time in with them to be sure.

Don't you have to be collecting Social Security before you can game the Blacks? I kid, I kid. :)

Do you know if you'll have access to a fitting cart, TH?

While we were shopping at Edwin Watts yesterday, we saw the coolest customized 588 wedge. It had a black and red grip with Georgia Bulldog stuff decorating the shaft and the head was black and red. We took pics and I'll get OG to post them later.

Tomahawk FTW! That's awesome dude. Too bad it's only Tuesday. I would love for you to really focus on the scoring irons in the MB's, let me know what you think of the 9iron and PW. The CB's I'm lusting after so really spend more time with those.

Do you know if you'll have access to a fitting cart, TH?

I am not sure what he is bringing outside of clubs. We will have a fitting cart eventually, but I am not sure it will be tomorrow. What are you looking for Hawk?

I am not sure what he is bringing outside of clubs. We will have a fitting cart eventually, but I am not sure it will be tomorrow. What are you looking for Hawk?

Mainly how the stock shaft works for you compared to any others they might have available. I'm definitely curious to hear about ballflight as well.

Tomahawk FTW! That's awesome dude. Too bad it's only Tuesday. I would love for you to really focus on the scoring irons in the MB's, let me know what you think of the 9iron and PW. The CB's I'm lusting after so really spend more time with those.

I am stoked! I am thinking of a combo set, (4-7 in the CB and 8, 9, PW in the MB) probably 2* strong, but they may still be too much for my game. If so, I will go all CB, since I am a good but not great ball striker. I can't wait to get these in hand and work with them. Are you going with the 588 for the MC? With your game, I don't see how you wouldn't. I don't know if he is bringing full sets or partials, but I will hit everything I can and get you guys as much info as I can.

I am stoked! I am thinking of a combo set, (4-7 in the CB and 8, 9, PW in the MB) probably 2* strong, but they may still be too much for my game. If so, I will go all CB, since I am a good but not great ball striker. I can't wait to get these in hand and work with them. Are you going with the 588 for the MC? With your game, I don't see how you wouldn't. I don't know if he is bringing full sets or partials, but I will hit everything I can and get you guys as much info as I can.

Yes sir, I'm leaning strongly towards them. I think you'll be fine hitting them. JB said they offered a surprising amount of forgiveness so I'm really looking forward to your thoughts. I want to know how they sound and feel to you.

Mainly how the stock shaft works for you compared to any others they might have available. I'm definitely curious to hear about ballflight as well.

Will do. If I can't do a shaft comparison tomorrow, I will see if I can put one of my KBS shafts in the head soon and see what that does for me against the stock.

Back