Cleveland 588 TT Irons Preview Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The new TT irons from Cleveland in the 588 line and THP has all the details here.

http://bit.ly/WIjuUy

In Hand Pictures

i-T95NbTR-L.jpg

i-W6wC4xx-L.jpg

i-BwhpCWK-L.jpg

i-Z5sztfQ-L.jpg

i-3jQw4jR-L.jpg

Last edited:
I love the idea of making the lofts the same to allow for easy set mixing with the MT line. I cant wait to see these and the MT line side by side to get a good feel of the differences between the two.

Another solid looking set of irons! Like ddxu said, I love the fact that they did loft matching across this line for ease of creating combo sets.

These appear to have a bit more forgiveness than I really anticipated. I need to hit these outdoors against the MT's and see how they perform.

Shafts will be an interesting part of this for sure as I have no experience with the stock ones.

I think Cleveland did things right with these new sets. Being able to mix and match thru 3 lines with be incredibly helpful to making your bag your own and really dialing in your iron play.

I think I like these ones the best of the 3 but they all offer their own unique qualities to give you the right distance and trajectory that you are looking for.

Another solid looking set of irons! Like ddxu said, I love the fact that they did loft matching across this line for ease of creating combo sets.

These appear to have a bit more forgiveness than I really anticipated. I need to hit these outdoors against the MT's and see how they perform.

Shafts will be an interesting part of this for sure as I have no experience with the stock ones.

Thy do appear to have a but more forgiveness than I anticipated too. I'm glad because they already have the players lines. These might fit into the slot for what I have right now. Can't wait to hit them and get fitted for this new stuff!

These look nice as well. What I don't like is the stock shaft offerings. No Miyazaki for the graphite option? And what the heck is the steel offering? Is that a variation of DG? I would have hoped for a better stock option

These are nice. I like the looks a little more than the MT's.

These are some nice looking CB's! I like them

These look nice as well. What I don't like is the stock shaft offerings. No Miyazaki for the graphite option? And what the heck is the steel offering? Is that a variation of DG? I would have hoped for a better stock option

I agree chunky, the shaft options made me think they just used some old shafts from the CG Gold line they had sitting around. I know that's prob not the case, but it was an honest thought.

These look very forgiving and strong. I like the rounded look of them, they give me that safe feeling. The feeling that every swing with be pured and you're surprised when it's not.

Hmm. Initally not in love with the shaft offerimgs but love the look and idea behind the irons.

Tapping away on my S3

I love the fact that Cleveland is giving people so many different options to make a bag tailored to their game. These look really nice and forgiving. Cleveland Staffers are a lucky group.

I love the fact that Cleveland is giving people so many different options to make a bag tailored to their game. These look really nice and forgiving. Cleveland Staffers are a lucky group.

This is a good point Dev. Altitude, TT and MT all with the same or similar lofts to create a bag that works for people. And also keep in mind that the 588 CB and MB are not leaving the line, but there for added depth.

Another solid looking offering from Cleveland. Different options to suit a players skill level and wants is the right direction for any company.

I don't think I missed it in the main preview (my apologies if I did), but is there any information on release date?

Also, not sure if anyone has any inside information/in hand knowledge to pass along, but the picture make the top line on both of these (the TT and MT) look about the same. I have been excited about these irons for some time now and if they bring along some of the performance of the 588 CBs with some more forgiveness (and let's be honest, maybe a touch more distance), they're going to be a favorite to make the bag in my new iron purchase this year in, most likely, a combo set of some kind, but I guess I was hoping for maybe a slightly thinner top line on the TTs than the MTs.

Thoughts?

I am liking the looks of these. A bit larger with some added forgiveness, and the lofts give you the perfect opportunity to mix and match. Could definitely see these for the short irons, and the MTs for my longer irons.

In terms of looks, they really remind me of the CG/Black line of irons, except not black (obviously). I like them, a lot.

I don't think I missed it in the main preview (my apologies if I did), but is there any information on release date?

Also, not sure if anyone has any inside information/in hand knowledge to pass along, but the picture make the top line on both of these (the TT and MT) look about the same. I have been excited about these irons for some time now and if they bring along some of the performance of the 588 CBs with some more forgiveness (and let's be honest, maybe a touch more distance), they're going to be a favorite to make the bag in my new iron purchase this year in, most likely, a combo set of some kind, but I guess I was hoping for maybe a slightly thinner top line on the TTs than the MTs.

Thoughts?

Hoping to get in-hand pictures very soon. I honestly just don't know at this point.

For those of you curious about the stock shaft, it's going to be similar to what came stock in the CG16 irons and many other GI irons out there on the market. I'll venture to say there will be numerous custom options available as well.

Hoping to get in-hand pictures very soon. I honestly just don't know at this point.

For those of you curious about the stock shaft, it's going to be similar to what came stock in the CG16 irons and many other GI irons out there on the market. I'll venture to say there will be numerous custom options available as well.
I also believe that these shafts were offered in the Non-graphite Black irons, and the Mashie irons.

I like these. A solid addition to the line. Combo sets galore for Cleveland staffers!

Looking forward to in hand pictures. I like the looks of these, the shape of the back reminds a little of the Zstar/VRS Forged irons which I thought both were fantastic sets. With Tour Trajectory I would expect a little lower flight then those sets offered. I'm pretty sure these would be my gamers if I was a Cleveland staffer

Looking forward to in hand pictures. I like the looks of these, the shape of the back reminds a little of the Zstar/VRS Forged irons which I thought both were fantastic sets. With Tour Trajectory I would expect a little lower flight then those sets offered. I'm pretty sure these would be my gamers if I was a Cleveland staffer

Yes! The Zstars are what I was thinking of a little bit in my head.

I like the look. I've been itching for Cleveland info for a long while now.

I seen a mean combo set between these and the MT

I like forgiving irons. These look forgiving.

These look nice. Remind me of Z-Stars with a little bit of a CG16 influence.

Oh man I bet we are going to see some awesome combo sets from the Cleveland staffers at the MC! So many great new choices for Cleveland staffers, I'm excited for you guys!

Back