Cleveland 588 TT Irons Preview Thread

Bumping.. be back friday with thoughts

I am really, really looking forward to hitting your irons.

TT's with Aerotechs in them? Hello wonderful.

I love em.

I love em.

It will be nice to hit a 8i where I have been hitting 7...knowing full well the loft differences

You know, these aren't the longest irons I've hit, but they are the irons I'm hitting more greens with and the distance is still good. Working on alignment has really helped me. Bottom line is they look great, feel great, have good distance, and good forgiveness. Total package stuff.

You know, these aren't the longest irons I've hit, but they are the irons I'm hitting more greens with and the distance is still good. Working on alignment has really helped me. Bottom line is they look great, feel great, have good distance, and good forgiveness. Total package stuff.
What iron is longer for you?

Yea at 16 on true blue I hit dpc 7i pin high right about 12 feet from cup...grabbed ryans 8i and hit to almost same spot...and that was non aerotech

What iron is longer for you?

I've never hit an iron longer than the slotted Bladez. The nice thing is these gap better for me though.

Yea at 16 on true blue I hit dpc 7i pin high right about 12 feet from cup...grabbed ryans 8i and hit to almost same spot...and that was non aerotech

Gotta love that.

That was pretty eye opening.
I've never hit an iron longer than the slotted Bladez. The nice thing is these gap better for me though.

Gotta love that.
I see similar distance between the two, but my time with the bladez was shortlived.

That was pretty eye opening.

I see similar distance between the two, but my time with the bladez was shortlived.

And thats my whimpy 3 quarter swing...may have to try and unleash some this weekend

I thought these were long, but not overly so. Right in line with the dpc and xhot irons.

I thought these were long, but not overly so. Right in line with the dpc and xhot irons.

I thought the same. I just liked so much of the total package these irons seem to offer.

I thought the same. I just liked so much of the total package these irons seem to offer.

Oh I did too, if I was buying irons now it would be these or j40s

Excited to have another TT'er

What he said. I LOVE these guys.
I've now bought the 8, and we'll see a 7 might be in the future

I think we should both buy the 7 iron. Hell, I only need the head.

I have PX 5.5's in my 588 TT's and kept the PX shaft length same as the Cleveland stock steel shaft, (i.e. still longer than most other iron sets, 5-iron = 38.5").

Trajectory/penetration is very much improved with the PX shaft, and due to the stonger lofts and longer shafts, these definitely deliver more distance than any other irons I have ever hit.

I am in my mid-60's now and had started losing distance with my beloved Mizuno MP-32 iron set even though my Driver/FW/Hybrid distances still seem fine. The 588 TT's with PX shafts were just what the doctor ordered! Not only have I recovered all the lost iron distance, but actually added some on top of that!

I am actually hitting iron shots like a young man again thanks to these PX-shafted 588 TT's.

:banana:

Last edited:
That's awesome bobcat.

Back