Cleveland 588 TT vs Mizuno JPX 825 pro

nicedivot

strangers in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
5 - 10
Well, I tried JPX 825 pro again and dam this one impressed me big time.
I haven't tried Cleveland 588 TT yet, but I think these 2 are comparable to each other.
So, for those who tried both, can you provide your opinion and feedback which one you prefer and why?
thank you

You are right, not a huge difference at least for me. Preferred the feel of the TTs just slightly and like their sole grind better as well. However, the stock Mizuno shafts are far better for me then the Clevelands.

Well, I tried JPX 825 pro again and dam this one impressed me big time.
I haven't tried Cleveland 588 TT yet, but I think these 2 are comparable to each other.
So, for those who tried both, can you provide your opinion and feedback which one you prefer and why?
thank you

You are right, not a huge difference at least for me. Preferred the feel of the TTs just slightly and like their sole grind better as well. However, the stock Mizuno shafts are far better for me then the Clevelands.

Im with you on the sole of the iron. Similar overall, and both great irons.
If I had to choose right now, it would be the TTs, although you really cannot go wrong with either.

Im with you on the sole of the iron. Similar overall, and both great irons.
If I had to choose right now, it would be the TTs, although you really cannot go wrong with either.
w00t, the big man posted... well, I really have to try TT but golftown is sooo slow on getting TT on their shelves.. :-(

so, I went to the store and hit a few more balls with JPX 825.. 6 iron and 9 iron... dam this thing is so nice. however even with Mizuno stock setting which usually is slightly flatter than ping or cleveland, I need at least 2 degrees flatter.
Cannot wait till the store gets Cleveland TT and try it out

Test both and ended up with JPX pros, much better shaft options, TT are slightly stronger lofts but do not offer a distance advantage. My dispersion was better with Mizuno which I attribute to the shorter shaft length (37.75 vs 38.5 5 iron)

Test both and ended up with JPX pros, much better shaft options, TT are slightly stronger lofts but do not offer a distance advantage. My dispersion was better with Mizuno which I attribute to the shorter shaft length (37.75 vs 38.5 5 iron)
which shaft did you go with for JPX pro? the stock shaft, Dynalite Gold XP S300 felt really good.... never mind I see from your signature :)

which shaft did you go with for JPX pro? the stock shaft, Dynalite Gold XP S300 felt really good.... never mind I see from your signature :)
I used XPs300 shafts in MX300 for a couple years, I think they are very nice but the KBS had a slightly lower launch angle for me.

I used XPs300 shafts in MX300 for a couple years, I think they are very nice but the KBS had a slightly lower launch angle for me.
interesting.. I might then go with stock shaft for 5, 6, 7 and KBS for 8, 9, PW, GW

I have hit both of these and like them, but I think the edge is with the JPX 825 Pro. I am seriously pondering them. I really like the feel and they seem to be less penalizing on my off-center strikes. I have only hit the TT with PX 6.0 while I have hit the 825 Pro with like 4 different shafts so maybe I didn't get the full experience. But I have really enjoyed the Pros and I get really nice ball flight with them.

nicedivot, any more recent feedback on these clubs? How you liking em?

The TT is a nice iron, but the feel of the 825 Pro is on another planet in comparison (at least to me). For me, the strong lofts and low CG on the 825 Pro's would play merry havoc with my gapping, but they are awesome irons, easy to launch and they offer a little workability as well if that's your thing. The TT is actually a little easier to hit for me, but the workability and feel are a little lessened. I am still considering a new set of MP-64's, but would definitely look into getting 825 pro's in some of the longer irons.

Back