Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
ITR is back with an all new episode this week as we talk with Scott from Cleveland Golf about the re-release of one of the most popular clubs ever created.

This Episode Features:
The process of bringing back the 588 wedge
What changes have been made to the original
The custom options that will be available (incredible)
And much much more.

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=14646

Unboxing Video

Last edited:
Looking forward to getting to work for once in my life so I can listen to this.

Posted via Tapatalk

Thanks a ton! Now I have something to listen to on the way to school!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Awesome, listening now

Probably my favorite radio show thus far, I’ve been a 588 ho over the years. Cant get over that it was 20 years into its lifecycle, before it was phased out. I’m interested to see the skin process on the BP finish, but its hard to imagine over the radio. Love hearing about the upcoming TC shaft that comes standard. All for $139 for stock, sounds like a deal to me.

FYI – MyCustomWedge.com is not up and running yet (I checked)

• Admin
Probably my favorite radio show thus far, I’ve been a 588 ho over the years. Cant get over that it was 20 years into its lifecycle, before it was phased out. I’m interested to see the skin process on the BP finish, but its hard to imagine over the radio. Love hearing about the upcoming TC shaft that comes standard. All for $139 for stock, sounds like a deal to me.

FYI – MyCustomWedge.com is not up and running yet (I checked)

This was my thought as well. It is my favorite show we have done I think and Scott was a good sport to listen to my love affair.
TC gets a shout out.
The Wow Factor is mentioned
It was all laughter and fun.

This was my thought as well. It is my favorite show we have done I think and Scott was a good sport to listen to my love affair.
TC gets a shout out.

Not to mention a nice friendly husband and wife squabble we've come to know and love. All about the argyle and sleeping with 588s in your bed (been there too man).

I cant wait to see these skins, they sound awesome

Not to mention a nice friendly husband and wife squabble we've come to know and love. All about the argyle and sleeping with 588s in your bed (been there too man).

I was careful with that one, because I did not mention her in the bed (not even sure Scott knew we were married)...Just my lovely 588s. hehe

listening now!! :)

As if the news of the 588 wedge was not enough, the custom skin options has just pushed this over the top! I had to chuckle when the wow factor was brought up - that was funny. And then of course, GG making sure these were hers in argyle...watch out JB!

In all seriousness though; great informative show and looking forward to mid November when the site is available. Thanks to THP and Cleveland Golf for another great show!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Listening now. I like that they went back to the original shape!:blob:

Wonderful show, chuck full of information on this offering and a little history of the 588. Pretty amazing how many of these have been sold through the years. Just bringing this head back is great, but adding all these options including the skins and spinner shafts to boot. Did I hear this right that the shaft is a slightly different spinner made especially for this head?

Wonderful show, chuck full of information on this offering and a little history of the 588. Pretty amazing how many of these have been sold through the years. Just bringing this head back is great, but adding all these options including the skins and spinner shafts to boot. Did I hear this right that the shaft is a slightly different spinner made especially for this head?

Yes, according to Scott, they have been working with True Temper for quite a while to take certain things they found in the DG Spinner shafts and make it more suitable for this head. Ironically called the TC shaft.

Now I"m looking even more forward to these wedges!! Great show. I love that the BP is an option. The shaft sounds awesome.

Yes, according to Scott, they have been working with True Temper for quite a while to take certain things they found in the DG Spinner shafts and make it more suitable for this head. Ironically called the TC shaft.

Great timing, I've flip flopped back and forth on what wedges to go this time. 588's with the "TC" shafts sounds like the way to go.

Just got done listening to this and I'm really excited to see these and hear some real world feedback. It also sounds like GG needs to invest in a lot of towels because JB is drooling all overhimself about these wedges.

I tapped, I talked.

Custom grinds, logos, paintfill, skins, finishes, etc. Holy Crap. That is really just taking it to the next level. I love the talk about the new shaft as well. This is very exciting and I can't wait to hear how they perform!

Fantastic show, great job. All the custom options sound incredible and will make this wedge hard to pass up. I can't wait to see how those skins look.

So glad people are enjoying this one. One of my favorite shows we have done. If you like it, leave a comment on the home page and/or retweet it, or hit it up on Facebook. The more people that hear it the better obviously.

I cannot wait for the custom options to come available. I already have my wedge designs picked out. I won't lie, I see some pink in there.

I saw a bunch of pictures of the new 588's. I'll be curious to see how they sell with the general golfing population.

TC gets a shout out.

Listening now....Liking this one a lot so far

I can't listen to the radio shows anymore. I click on the arrow and I just get a blank page. It started a week or so ago.

Back