Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

I want some wedges!! Turned around on my way to Naples today to follow the FedEx guy only to see him keep driving past my office :sad-face:

doh! :banghead:

Went to ProGolf in Lynnwood last night and hit about 25 balls a piece with the chrome 54,60 and the satin 54,60. Nobody was in the store so the Pro let swing away in their simulator for a good hour or more. The short game for me is all about "softness" off the club face. There is a distinct difference between the chrome and satin in that area. The chrome has a harder feel at impact. The satin was...well butter. Softest feel off the club face for any wedge I have tried. Those simulators are not exactly accurate, but when you take that many shots you get an idea of the differences in distance and flight. I was longer, but a little more erratic with the chrome. The satin was very soft, but I still got the feed back I look for and it felt effortless to control the distance. I couldn't miss hit it if I wanted to. If you like a harder chrisp feel, go chrome. If you like softness with touch, go satin. I walked away with a satin set, 52,56,60.

What a great purchase buddy. I've never even thought about differentiating the feel difference between different finishes but you're probably on to something. I hope they treat you well.

To be honest, I didn't expect to see a difference either. It was really surprising. I would think the club face is the club face, but there really is a distinct difference. When I went into the simulator, I pulled one of each type simply because I wanted to see the "look" difference to my eye at address. I did not expect to find a difference in feel.

****edited because I couldn't spell difference**** :)

To be honest, I didn't expect to see a difference either. It was really surprising. I would think the club face is the club face, but there really is a distinct difference. When I went into the simulator, I pulled one of each type simply because I wanted to see the "look" difference to my eye at address. I did not expect to find a difference in feel.

****edited because I couldn't spell difference**** :)

Well I think you really hit on something that is very interesting indeed. I never ever thought of that but I'm reflecting on past wedges I've owned and trying to tap in to those sort of thoughts and I think you are on to something. The only chrome wedges I ever owned previously were Vokeys and they were harsher and clickier than others for sure.

hey ary could you post a close up of the grinds on yours id like to see it if you get a chance.... thanks bro.

glad to hear your liking what you see in your first round out. im really loving mine and plan on getting more.

Buckjob,
I got 2 pictures this morning of the 54 (no grind) next to the 58 (heel and toe grind), hope this helps you out.

6807089981_22574e740a_z.jpg

6807090595_b0c75a845f_z.jpg

Well, I sure hope these wedges show up today. I'm super anxious. Everyone's wedges turned out so fantastic that it's making me a little too excited to get mine.

Well, I sure hope these wedges show up today. I'm super anxious. Everyone's wedges turned out so fantastic that it's making me a little too excited to get mine.

Me too bro, but I did get something else delivered from THP HQ today, so that was a nice surprise!

Buckjob,
I got 2 pictures this morning of the 54 (no grind) next to the 58 (heel and toe grind), hope this helps you out.

6807089981_22574e740a_z.jpg

6807090595_b0c75a845f_z.jpg

Thank you very much Ary I still can't tell if mine were grind right or not.

Looks like mine wasn't grind down at all now that i see yours Ary.... im calling customer service now cause im pretty upset that i spent $250 for a wedge and it wasn't grind down like i wanted and i was just about to buy another custom 56*.

I got a box today! Pics coming up as soon as wipe the drool off :blob:

Can't wait to see your beautiful new weapons!

Nice!! Can't wait to see them.

Sent from my forged iPad

Here we go!

aefe81a4-4a22-7aac.jpg

aefe81a4-4a40-0cf0.jpg

aefe81a4-4a55-5de8.jpg

aefe81a4-4a67-9c58.jpg

aefe81a4-4a7e-b12b.jpg

aefe81a4-4ab4-2ebb.jpg

aefe81a4-4a98-4f55.jpg

I must say the mycustomwedge packaging and presentation is a class act. It gives you the impression that unlike most clubs these weren't just dropped in a box and sent out the door. Man I can't wait to get things dirty though :devil:

Great looking wedges SW

Awesome SW!

Those wedges are sick, SW. Love the minimalist look.

Great looking wedges SW! Very basic, and I really like the looks of it!

It looks like between Ary and SW, one of them got the correct shade of blue.

Those look awesome SW! I agree, the packaging does make the whole thing that much more special. Very cool and hope you enjoy them!!

Great looking wedges SW! Was slightly wondering if I was going to see "RTR" stamped on there or some Crimson paintfill.

Great looking wedges SW!
Ive been extremely impressed with everyones designs.

Thanks guys, they are absolutely smashing. I literally was grinning ear to ear when I opened the box.

Great looking wedges SW! Was slightly wondering if I was going to see "RTR" stamped on there or some Crimson paintfill.

You know it dude, that one will be ordered very soon. After seeing the one they posted after the championship game it was hard to resist but I wanted black pearl in the MC.

Very nice wedges SW. This thread makes me want to make a few custom wedges for myself...my birthday is coming up! I'll start dropping hints to everyone I know.

Back