Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

Great update Hawk, although it made me a little angry that you're in the frozen north and I'm way down here in the almost tropics and I still haven't had a chance to get mine in the dirt yet. I think your plan with the 49* is a solid idea as well.

I hope you hit them soon, SW. The 49 may be my favorite club of all time if it keeps up. I even hit it out of a bunker today.

Umm, I can't believe how much I loved these wedges. I'm naturally a skeptic. I can't help it. I loved my MP-T 11 wedges and I certainly loved my CG15 wedges but these are something special. They feel so solid and sound nothing like a forged wedge I've hit in the past. And I can't believe how much I love the leading edge. Like scalpel's these wedges are!

It's also nice that on the third hole, and the first time you ever hit them, you jar it for an eagle from 111 yards. I didn't see the ball go in as it was an elevated green but it went in. It landed about 9 feet or so past the hole and spun back in. It's been a while since I've done this and I couldn't believe it happened with my new "Foster" custom wedge.

I reckon I'm extremely excited to be playing these wedges. In all honesty, I didn't think it was possible to make a better performing wedge than the CG15's but these blow them out of the water.

Umm, I can't believe how much I loved these wedges. I'm naturally a skeptic. I can't help it. I loved my MP-T 11 wedges and I certainly loved my CG15 wedges but these are something special. They feel so solid and sound nothing like a forged wedge I've hit in the past. And I can't believe how much I love the leading edge. Like scalpel's these wedges are!

It's also nice that on the third hole, and the first time you ever hit them, you jar it for an eagle from 111 yards. I didn't see the ball go in as it was an elevated green but it went in. It landed about 9 feet or so past the hole and spun back in. It's been a while since I've done this and I couldn't believe it happened with my new "Foster" custom wedge.

I reckon I'm extremely excited to be playing these wedges. In all honesty, I didn't think it was possible to make a better performing wedge than the CG15's but these blow them out of the water.

Ohh man! These sound awesome. I am so wanting these! I am so happy that you like them as much as you do. Wait until you hit the 588 CB's! :)

Ohh man! These sound awesome. I am so wanting these! I am so happy that you like them as much as you do. Wait until you hit the 588 CB's! :)

We're 588 teasing each other!

I'm not joking, hands down, the most complete wedge I've experienced to date. Love everything about them. If you are a Cleveland wedge lover, and you don't have these, you really should.

Foster dunks one! Sweet dude

I hit a ton of wedge shots today - On the range, the chipping green, the practice bunkers and on a pitch and putt. Love the wedges. Extremely happy that I ended up sticking the PP wedge grips on them.

I took the 57 to the practice bunker and hit about 20 balls. Good news - all of them left the bunker. Better news - all but one stayed on the green (thinned). I hit shots from farther back in the bunker and right up next to a short-sided pin. The sand was pretty much horrible, but I was happy with the results.

Chipping green - just worked on chip shots with the different wedges.

Pitch and putt - This wasn't something I expected to be able to do, but it was there and open. Shortest hole was around 40 yards and the longest around 85. Uphills and downhills mixed. I took a Z-Star XV, the 588 49°, and my putter. Could have ditched the putter since the greens were like fairways, but it was still nice to sort of putt the ball.

I took the 49° rather than all three wedges so I could work on versatility. The 49 will be my go-to wedge and I wanted to see it in action. I was happy to see that I was able to hit the ball with varying trajectories and distances easily. The beauty of the PP wedge grips is that I can choke way down on the club and take an aggressive swing to get some good spin on those shorter shots. I was tempted to do a hole by hole rundown, but instead I'll just say that I was pretty freaking impressed by what I was able to do with the 588 today.

Great update Hawk!

glad you got out Hawk. I'm hoping to do the same tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed. I won't lie dude, I'm terrified of getting them dirty. Is that stupid?

I can't wait to get out and start hitting these, but the combination of the above, and the fact that it was freezing here all weekend (in the 20's and windy), has postponed me another few days. I just need one warm day so that when I get out of work at 6 it isn't so cold out, or I will be stuck waiting until the weekend.

Dude, that is awesome! What a great way to start your new wedge love affair.

We're 588 teasing each other!

I'm not joking, hands down, the most complete wedge I've experienced to date. Love everything about them. If you are a Cleveland wedge lover, and you don't have these, you really should.

I have been a Cleveland wedge guy up until 2 years ago and I went with the TM wedges. I really like them too, but with my Cleveland 588 CB order going out today you have left me in full ponder. I have already been playing around with designs on my custom wedge.com and I think the hardest thing is deciding which designs to go with. I have made 4 or 5 of them just for fun and like them all!

Love that recap, TC. I thought you'd like them!

TC, That's a great way to kick off some new wedges!

Thanks lads.

You know what though? If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't go with the Black Pearl finish. I would go with the Satin's. Not that I don't love Black Pearl, but the Satin finish to me just looks more "forged" to me. Don't know if that makes any sense or not, but for some odd reason I equate Black Pearl to Cast. Although the paintfill absolutely pops against the Black Pearl. I don't really know what I'm trying to say here but maybe the Satin would be more of a 588 throwback. More like paying homage I suppose.

Unable to find on cleveland's site or in this thread. But does anyone know the shaft lengths on the 588's when using the Miyasaki 95s? I can find the True Concept lengths but not for the graphites. Thanks!

Unable to find on cleveland's site or in this thread. But does anyone know the shaft lengths on the 588's when using the Miyasaki 95s? I can find the True Concept lengths but not for the graphites. Thanks!

I believe they are the same length. At least according to the early info that I have.

I believe they are the same length. At least according to the early info that I have.

Appreciate the info JB!

Look at TC with the ~hole-out111~. You did raise a good point with the finish, this is my first club in black pearl so I'm rather infatuated with it...look at it over there, being all custom badassedness, I did have the urge to go old school chrome just because it is the only finish I have seen a 588 in, and of course it may come in handy when I need to blind my opponent before an important shot.

--
tapatalk

Thats absolutely amazing. Congrats on the hole-out w/ Foster, nice first round with them.

Damn you TC, damn you. I don't need to spend any more money but these 588s are calling my name.

If we play golf on Sunday you can try mine out. You can bag them for a round.

Damn you TC, damn you. I don't need to spend any more money but these 588s are calling my name.

If we play golf on Sunday you can try mine out. You can bag them for a round.

You got 588s too? Damn, I'm behind!

bahester you need to get on the bandwagon buddy :blob:

I want 588!

Back