Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

can't wait for my 56* to come in.... the wait for these to get made is killer but so worth it in the end.... im completely sold with these wedges. i love everything about them. especially the weighting and the shafts are such a great fit.

congrats on the Eagle TC.... i have almost holed out 2 times with mine. my new pin seekers.

can't wait for my 56* to come in.... the wait for these to get made is killer but so worth it in the end.... im completely sold with these wedges. i love everything about them. especially the weighting and the shafts are such a great fit.

congrats on the Eagle TC.... i have almost holed out 2 times with mine. my new pin seekers.

I think it's pretty sweet to see two hole outs from the Team THP Cleveland staffers already. I can't say enough about these. The custom site is incredible and the performance is really there.

I reckon you'll get one before you know it. I wish I could've seen it go in. That would've been sweet. I'm really glad I didn't go any higher in loft than the 56* to be honest. I have been messing around with opening up the face for those short sided shots and it's not a problem whatsoever. I'm meticulous about keeping my wedges clean and I'm terrified I might start the process of slowly removing the paintfill. It's going to be a sad day when that starts happening.

I'm hoping the designs stay fresh a good while too. If that paintfill is anything like the CG15's it should last pretty well. I struggled to get it out with acetone and a scrub pad.

I reckon you'll get one before you know it. I wish I could've seen it go in. That would've been sweet. I'm really glad I didn't go any higher in loft than the 56* to be honest. I have been messing around with opening up the face for those short sided shots and it's not a problem whatsoever. I'm meticulous about keeping my wedges clean and I'm terrified I might start the process of slowly removing the paintfill. It's going to be a sad day when that starts happening.

i agree with opening up the face... even though i got the custom grind on my 60* to easily open the face. i don't know if i even really needed to get that its so easy to open up for flop shots and i haven't had any problems with any lie even when im opening it up all the way. I'm even pondering a 50* but i doubt ill do that im still really happy with my AW.

I'm hoping the designs stay fresh a good while too. If that paintfill is anything like the CG15's it should last pretty well. I struggled to get it out with acetone and a scrub pad.

I think the only thing that could ever be affected is the loft and dots on the sole. I reckon the cavity will remain in tact for years.

i agree with opening up the face... even though i got the custom grind on my 60* to easily open the face. i don't know if i even really needed to get that its so easy to open up for flop shots and i haven't had any problems with any lie even when im opening it up all the way. I'm even pondering a 50* but i doubt ill do that im still really happy with my AW.

Man, I use to be a fan of the gap wedge that matched my irons but I find a 50* bladed wedge to be far more versatile for me. I like to use mine from around the green, for knock down shots, for full shots, you name it. I'm not saying you can't be effective with a stock gap wedge doing that but I find the bladed wedges to be far more beneficial in terms of feedback and control.

I think the only thing that could ever be affected is the loft and dots on the sole. I reckon the cavity will remain in tact for years.

Man, I use to be a fan of the gap wedge that matched my irons but I find a 50* bladed wedge to be far more versatile for me. I like to use mine from around the green, for knock down shots, for full shots, you name it. I'm not saying you can't be effective with a stock gap wedge doing that but I find the bladed wedges to be far more beneficial in terms of feedback and control.

yeah ive used both i had a 52* with my xft wedges but the R11 AW has just been so great.... im telling you the 588s are the only wedge that id even think about replacing that AW with. ill see how my 56* works once i get it since id be using that for more full shots and prob make a decision on it then.

yeah ive used both i had a 52* with my xft wedges but the R11 AW has just been so great.... im telling you the 588s are the only wedge that id even think about replacing that AW with. ill see how my 56* works once i get it since id be using that for more full shots and prob make a decision on it then.

I agree with you bucky, these wedges are that good. Almost effortless. I hate to sound cliche' or anything but they blew me away. I don't know what I was expecting but these almost combine what I love about the CG15's, with what I loved about my Mizuno's, and made it better. Unreal.

That 588 GW is awesome. My two favorites shots with it from the weekend were total opposites. One was a choked down full swing from 85 yards that hit 5 feet from the pin, bounced and stopped. The other was a totally choked down pitch from 40 that hit the green and didn't move. Versatility baby!

I can't quote all the updates but man...... I have that older 588 and now I just want a 50*. Superb updates everyone. Congrats on the hole out TC!

The problem with this site and it is a problem is twofold, 1) I think I have decided on a new club, shaft or mix and then I read stupidly this thread and get all confused!! 2) My spend on golf equipment is getting silly!!

I was about to replace my Vokey 58* and Ping G15 SW with Cleveland CG16's to match my 50* one which I love and then put DG spinner shafts in them all.........now though I want 588's :at-wits-end:

CG16 is a nice wedge and nothing wrong with sticking with it.

TC, thats a pretty awesome shot broham, thats something I have never done before. I would prefer a HIO though

I've mentioned a few times that I was waiting to decide whether I needed the lie angles adjusted on the 588's since my tendency has been to be a little flat. I talked a little about it with my teaching pro the other night and he didn't have much to say aside from making me take some swings and do some drills. Interestingly, since that lesson, I've been finding the center of the face far more often with the 588's.

Anyway, the point of this is to say that those center face hits sure feel great. Not to mention that they hit the gaps I'm looking for perfectly. The 53 is quickly becoming a club I know I'll be using a great deal. My plan all along was to make it my ~100 yard club and everything I'm seeing says it will fit that spot perfectly. To say I'm excited to have some 100 yard shots on the course would be an understatement. Loving the wedges in a big way and can't say enough about them.

I've mentioned a few times that I was waiting to decide whether I needed the lie angles adjusted on the 588's since my tendency has been to be a little flat. I talked a little about it with my teaching pro the other night and he didn't have much to say aside from making me take some swings and do some drills. Interestingly, since that lesson, I've been finding the center of the face far more often with the 588's.

Anyway, the point of this is to say that those center face hits sure feel great. Not to mention that they hit the gaps I'm
looking for perfectly. The 53 is quickly becoming a club I know I'll be using a great deal. My plan all along was to make it my ~100 yard club and everything I'm seeing says it will fit that spot perfectly. To say I'm excited to have some 100 yard shots on the course would be an understatement. Loving the wedges in a big way and can't say enough about them.
That's awesome hawk. I am so happy for all of you Cleveland staffers. You guys got it good! :)

Anyway, the point of this is to say that those center face hits sure feel great. Not to mention that they hit the gaps I'm looking for perfectly. The 53 is quickly becoming a club I know I'll be using a great deal. My plan all along was to make it my ~100 yard club and everything I'm seeing says it will fit that spot perfectly. To say I'm excited to have some 100 yard shots on the course would be an understatement. Loving the wedges in a big way and can't say enough about them.

Dude, that is awesome! Really happy that you are loving the wedges. I can't bring myself to hit them indoors, so this Saturday they will get a workout on the range, and then the course.

Dude, that is awesome! Really happy that you are loving the wedges. I can't bring myself to hit them indoors, so this Saturday they will get a workout on the range, and then the course.

That's great news. I have to figure that you'll be in here with some excitement come Saturday night.

That's great news. I have to figure that you'll be in here with some excitement come Saturday night.

Oh yeah. I can't wait to see the turf interaction with these.

Finally got to the course today to officially break in these beautiful wedges. I had hoped for a nice range session prior to playing, well that was scratched with a 0700 phone call informing me I needed to work today. Bailed out at 1 and went straight from the office to the course.

First chance to use the 588's was on hole #3, missed the green left and short-sided myself. Used the 58* and chipped in for birdie, ball landed about 2' short and trickled right in the cup. I didn't get a chance to use the 50* at all but I did use the 54* and 58* quite often. The 54* is a great club for longer touch shots around the green and with the laser milled face I had zero issues with spin even from some thick Bermuda rough. Despite it being the first time out with these wedges I had incredible confidence in knowing these wedges would perform flawlessly out of the box. The familiar shape, the weight of the club, and the way the leading edge cuts through the turf without digging all add up to create an outstanding wedge.

After the round at the bag drop the cart guy was cleaning my clubs and noticed the wedges, he was rather excited to see what Cleveland has done with the mycustomwedge option.

First time out with new wedges and you chip in? That's pretty awesome right there.

Chip in....sweet SW!

hole outs? chip ins?! man...i don't think there's any denying that these wedges are magical!
i cannot wait to get mine dirty.

got out today to the chip and putt and chipped in from 5 yards out with my 588 i am loving these wedges from any lie i really messed around with different lies and stuff today after 9 holes and i keep liking these wedges more and more and its so easy to open my 60* i have so much confidence making a wide open face flop shot with this club swinging full speed, its just crazy to me.

Finally got the 54 and 58* 2 dot on the course yesterday. I like them, more good shots than bad and had a few deep digs. Good spin and really good spin coming out of the sand. I may grab a 50* to go with the other 2. I will get some short game practice in this week and hopefully play another round next Sunday if the weather is decent.

Good to hear Vince. After seeing great results with a wedge I usually end up getting the rest of the wedges to match too.

Back