Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

That's insane! Now go buy some AMP irons!

Thanks bro. Yeah I really like the checkered skin just a little thing to add a little something and not be to over the top for my taste. Now to see how it performs and if I'll be pondering a 3rd 588 or not........

Buck that is one absolutely awesome looking wedge. You'll be blowing up oranges with that soon, bro!

Buckjob thats a badarse looking wedge, reallly nice I love that skin.

Nice wedge Buck, very nice

Buck, I'm glad you got that skin so we could get a better look at it. It looks better in your picture than I thought it would from seeing it on the site.

i pondered that skin for a little bit as well...it does look better in the pic than it does on the web.
nice looking wedge Buck.

Had another great range session with the 588's. These bad boys are nice!

Wow just saw Buck's wedge. That thing is sick.

Love the skin, Buck. Great looking wedge. Looking to replace my old Cleveland 54* this spring, def going to have to give this one a solid look.

588 is a classic, great wedge...many memories with the one I started out with back when I was 13-14 years old.

Like the idea of the customisation! Excellent concept!

I took the 588's to the football field for an hour before my lesson tonight. Actually, I just took one - the 49. I felt a little bad afterwards b/c I scalped a few spots, but it'll grow back. I do like the height I'm seeing on the full shots. It will be nice to finally see my carry distance when the whether warms a bit.

The skins actually look sick in real photos. Great pick up Buck.

thanks guys yeah it looks great in person i like how the skin isn't the same checkered pattern its mixed up some lines have like 2 thick lines or 3 little lines or 1 line just something to add a little flare and not going over the top. if i get another id consider getting another skin for sure.

I took the 588's to the football field for an hour before my lesson tonight. Actually, I just took one - the 49. I felt a little bad afterwards b/c I scalped a few spots, but it'll grow back. I do like the height I'm seeing on the full shots. It will be nice to finally see my carry distance when the whether warms a bit.

What kind of distance are you seeing (what distance would you use them on would be a better question) on full shots with that 49? are you also getting a lot of spin to go along with a high flight? soft landings that stick or are you having bounce/run?

Here's my 56* bent 1* strong with lamkin rel 3gen grip in orange. Black Pearl with checkered skin. Figured I'd get some orange since TC won't be gaming any of the Amp Line this season.
a6937b13-49ed-64ec.jpg

Mine are similar. I bought a 52 and 60 to replace the 53, 56 and 60 588 that my dad gave me years ago. I will post a picture but I went with black, orange and white color scheme but no logo in the middle, instead I have the stamp and a white grip.

Mine are similar. I bought a 52 and 60 to replace the 53, 56 and 60 588 that my dad gave me years ago. I will post a picture but I went with black, orange and white color scheme but no logo in the middle, instead I have the stamp and a white grip.

i love the black pearl finish it looks so good... If i get a 50* ill prob do the same as you and get a stamp and no logo in the middle.

What kind of distance are you seeing (what distance would you use them on would be a better question) on full shots with that 49? are you also getting a lot of spin to go along with a high flight? soft landings that stick or are you having bounce/run?

49 should be a 115 yard give or take club. I'm not getting that number outside yet, but I'm playing in 40° weather too. Spin numbers looked good on the monitor from my recollection, but I didn't save them. I did hit into a green and it basically just stopped dead, but it's so wet/mucky here that it's tough to really gauge. My guess is that I'll see hop and stop performance, which is what I usually see on full wedge shots.

Here's my 56* bent 1* strong with lamkin rel 3gen grip in orange. Black Pearl with checkered skin. Figured I'd get some orange since TC won't be gaming any of the Amp Line this season.
a6937b13-49ed-64ec.jpg

Great looking stick Buck, thanks for sharing.

Little background posted about the Tour Concept shaft posted on the Cleveland Tour Blog here: http://blog.clevelandgolf.com/?p=1765

Smalls if you can, add the text into this post please? Tapatalk isn't pasting correctly since the update.

Had a great day with the 588's yesterday, Missed a chip in by half a ball. I find them to be a bit of a digger but that can also be due to the soft fairways at my club. Either way I really like the way they are perfoming for me. One standout for me I was 87 yards to the pin with a slight downhill lie, I pulled the 58* and stuck it to 6 feet. Very good action with them, bunker spin is amazing, chips is usually one bounce and stop and full shots are sweet.

Got to hit the 55* today at GolfTec but it felt so good on full shots and I can't wait to get it out to the range. Boy does this wedge look good. I love the black pearl. If the distance fits well in my bag for full shots I may ponder a 50*.

Back