Cleveland Black Driver - Everything You Wanted to Know

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
ITR is back with an all new episode this week as we talk with Nate from Cleveland Golf about the upcoming release of the Cleveland Black driver.
This Episode Features:
The Cleveland Black driver and the technology behind it.
How does it differ from other drivers on the market?
Who is the Black driver designed for?
And much much more.

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=15047

Thanks JB!

Oh yeah! I'm getting this on right now - I want to know it all.

So excited to listen to this on the way to school! I loved the one about the 588's, and I bet this one will be just as good!

Great show JB, tons of info....Not just about Cleveland and their ideas but as swings and transition play in peoples games. I really like how they are catering to the slower swing speeds with the Black line

Nate's a knowledgeable guy. Interesting to hear his comments about how he believes the user feels swing weight as opposed to actual weight. I never even thought about that.

Pretty awesome show! I like it when Nate comes on to THP to educate us. He's certainly full of knowledge and answered a lot of questions I had about the Black series from Cleveland. I feel as though I'm right on the cusp of this being a perfect driver for me or not. I'm still very interested in trying it out, mostly b/c it looks awesome! Thanks for the show and thanks to Nate for his time!

Excellent show!
Big thanks to Nate from Cleveland Golf for coming on again and really opening up the technology and the philosophy behind the Black line. These are some awesome looking clubs and seem to be targeted at a demographic which I probably sit in nicely! I’ll be keen to swing them.
Really interesting to hear how the XXIO line inspired them in this case. I remember the first XXIO driver over here, it was pretty groundbreaking back then.

For starters, thanks to THP for the show and big thanks to Nate from Cleveland Golf for being on the show!!

Being a golfer around that 100MPH SS, this is extremely intriguing to me!! Very interesting to Nate talk about the grip they have on this club and how this shaft is intended to work. The discussion about head design and the weighting to make it easier for launch and getting the club head square (something I struggle with at times) is keeping this driver in my head.

I will hit this as soon as it is available to see what kind of numbers I get.

Great show. I like the fact that Cleveland is offering a driver for those with slower swing speeds, personally, I always feel that to stay under control and keep my tee shot in play I have to slow my swing down and keep my tempo, and this Driver is built for that.

The tech behind the total weight in hand vs the swing weight is interesting, and a great concept. For those that may pick it up and say they dont like lighter clubs, hit it first and then decide. I was amazed at how little I felt the weight difference.

Nate brings it again. How cool would it be for him to show up at Thanksgiving every year with the latest and greatest from Cleveland. Im back to "coolbreezing" this driver again after hearing Nate bring the factual pain. Lots and lots of good info that show.

Very interesting show. One of the comments that caught my attention is about how weight is distributed closer towards the heel of the club which makes it easier to turn over. I am not sure how this would affect me but being more of a right to left type player it scares me a bit. I don't need the extra help to hook a ball especially if my tempo gets too quick.

Nate always does such a great job when he talks gear.

A huge part of me feels like this is a club that was designed just for me. Interesting thoughts as to why the line doesn't have hybrids. It really seems like they took a target group and focused on what they really need.

Love to hear that Cleveland has invested in making sure that LM's are available at their demo days. I obviously need to find one around here so I can take some swings with this line.

Just finished listening to this awesome show! Nate is incredibly knowledgeable when it comes to the science behind both design and marketing. I really liked this edition, it got me so psyched to hit this line!

Ton's of information here. Very interesting how this club reacts to the transition of your swing and how the average ss person can benefit from the proper swing weight/spin. He mentioned the head closing back to square at impact better, not sure I understand how, but can't wait to give this a try.

Thanks for taking the time Nate!

Great discussion about the new Black. Too bad it won't work for more aggressive swing types, because it is a really good looking club and the distance gains wouldn't hurt either!!

man, might be the new driver for me. I've always like the Burner line but for some reason, I still can't grasp putting a white driver in the bag, so this Black line is probably the answer. and great to know that they targeted the amateur players. like what Bridgestone did for golf balls, now Cleveland has a driver and FWY woods for my swing speed. I will definitely be checking these out when they come out.

Bout to listen now! This should be great

tapatalk addict....

Tons of great information. I was especially interested/surprised about the information given in regards to hybrids versus fairway woods. It was not something I had ever even considered. Also, the discussion regarding the partnership with Miyazaki, and how long they have been working on their shaft technology in Japan before we ever really knew anything about them. Awesome job JB, and thank you Nate!

Thanks for posting that. I'll have to listen to it later, but I'm interested to hear all about it.

Thanks for posting this JB! I am excited to listen to this later today.

I am licking my chops for this driver to hit the shelves. By the time spring gets here, i may be blacked out with the new driver, irons and the new black bag!

Downloading now...will listen in a few minutes.
Man does this club look good !

I gotta say, Nate does an incredible job translating tech-to-fit-to-result in very specific ways. I dig all the THP Radio shows, but the ones with Nate are particularly awesome/insightful/thought-provoking/educational.

Back