Cleveland CBX 2 Wedges

Picked these up today and went to the range tonight.....I have a feeling that I'm really going to like them!!!

View attachment 9065249
I've been gaming the 54° & 58° CBX2 since they were introduced. Coincidentally, my short game improved as soon as they went into the bag. 🤔

That's not to say that my short game demons don't get in my head occasionally. But the confidence I have in these wedges keeps them at bay for the most part.

The CBX2 wedge is just an amazing piece of equipment. I damn near jarred one from a steep vertical lie this afternoon. I can’t see myself ever returning back to a bladed wedge. If I played the CBX or UHX irons, I would probably use the CBX2 as my PW and GW.

2 rounds in....these are definite keepers. Very forgiving and easy to hit. One thing I have to learn is that suddenly I can spin back full shots now! I had 115 in, hit a full 54, it landed pin high and spun back 30ft off the green!

I only have the one CBX 2 wedge in the bag. It’s the 54°. I really like the versatility the wedge offers. I can swing it 1/2, 3/4, or full. I can put the ball back in my stance and hit a low runner or move it up and open the face a little for that high shot that stops quickly. I had a 50 yard bunker shot today. I dug my feet in, shortened up on the shaft, tried to get good contact on the ball and put it to about 15 feet. Just a great piece of equipment.

I am looking forward to the Edel wedges in a week, but the 54 and 60 of these CBX2 have been really good for me. I wouldn’t say they are better for me on small shots around the green from some of my other wedges, but they really helped me on full swings with their forgiveness.

54° CBX2 continues to do its job. I hit a full wedge about 110 yards toe side and it still made it pin high!

First summer with the 56 degree CBX2's. Coming from the CBX OG. I think the 2 is an improvement for sure. My bunker game is much improved.

pretty late to this party but recently i picked up a mint 48 degree cbx2 wedge with the rotex graphite shaft. had a 49 degree GW in the bag forever that i never really got along with. on a whim picked this up and after never playing graphite in my irons this has become my fav club 110 yards and in. can hit it high/low and it has plenty of spin. wish i wouldve picked one up sooner.

pretty late to this party but recently i picked up a mint 48 degree cbx2 wedge with the rotex graphite shaft. had a 49 degree GW in the bag forever that i never really got along with. on a whim picked this up and after never playing graphite in my irons this has become my fav club 110 yards and in. can hit it high/low and it has plenty of spin. wish i wouldve picked one up sooner.
Did you go cbx2 or CBX full face ?

I got the *58 CBX and I have hit some of the best sand shots I have ever hit.
Just so easy out of the sand.

If I never manipulate the face of my wedges, do I really need a specialty wedge? In this case, a CBX versus a set matching wedge?

If I never manipulate the face of my wedges, do I really need a specialty wedge? In this case, a CBX versus a set matching wedge?

I am not sure what sets have wedges that would go up to 58*, I'm guessing there are but I'd think the vast majority of set wedges will stop around 48* or so. I see that the Halo XL Sand Wedge is at 54*, if you wanted a loft higher than that, then the CBX wedge is a good option. I find that the lower lofted CBX wedges still give more versatility than a set-style wedge, in my own experience, even if I'm not opening the face a bunch.

One thing that I noticed about the CBX Zipcore wedges is that the shafts are longer than my set AW in my Callaway Apex 19 clubs.
Its a little odd to me (and I never really noticed until I went to re-grip everything and had them leaning against the wall). The odd thing is that the set wedge is a 48* and the CBX wedge is a 50* but a longer shaft......by quite a bit.

after having the 48 for awhile i picked up a mint condition 54 and i must say...i hit a few poor chips/pitches around the green from the rough last night that had no business even making it to the green let alone turning out to being an ok shot...might have permanently kicked my old trusty spin milled out of the bag.

not that i need to at the moment but anyone upgrade from the cbx2 to the zipcore?

Last edited:
after having the 48 for awhile i picked up a mint condition 54 and i must say...i hit a few poor chips/pitches around the green from the rough last night that had no business even making it to the green let alone turning out to being an ok shot...might have permanently kicked my old trusty spin milled out of the bag.

not that i need to at the moment but anyone upgrade from the cbx2 to the zipcore?
I have at various times briefly (couple months each maybe?) used a combination CBX and CBX2, then later the CBX Zipcore. Not sure I'd really consider any of them a significant upgrade over the others. Played very similar for me.

Back