Cleveland CBX 2 Wedges

That new grind on the 60 looks pretty nice. Should allow the leading edge to sit a little tighter to the ground than the previous version (I would think).

Looks like 54 & 56's are being delivered now from Cleveland. I just received the 54 I ordered at the start of presale yesterday.

drunknexu;n8891627 said:
That new grind on the 60 looks pretty nice. Should allow the leading edge to sit a little tighter to the ground than the previous version (I would think).

There is a lot more material removed from the heel and toe than I expected from the pictures, it makes me pretty excited to give it a run.

I hit some more FILTHY nippers with the 52 in a tournament on Monday, so I'm curious to put correct lofts for my preference into the bag and see what I can do.

David-G;n8892453 said:
Looks like 54 & 56's are being delivered now from Cleveland. I just received the 54 I ordered at the start of presale yesterday.

I am patiently waiting....

Ordered the 48 and 54 yesterday. Fully expect them to go straight into the bag.

I'm checking my inbox for a tracking number every 10 mins! I probably should stop looking and let the notification do it's job.

Walked into our local DSG and they had them out. They looked too good not to pick up at least one. So now I've got a 54 degree hiding in the trunk and hoping the wife doesnt' see, LOL.

I know the pictures of these looked good online, but man - in hand these things just look and feel solid. Hoping to get out for 18 tomorrow and if all goes well, might add a 50 or 58 to the arsenal as well

Nappy;n8893919 said:
Walked into our local DSG and they had them out. They looked too good not to pick up at least one. So now I've got a 54 degree hiding in the trunk and hoping the wife doesnt' see, LOL.

I know the pictures of these looked good online, but man - in hand these things just look and feel solid. Hoping to get out for 18 tomorrow and if all goes well, might add a 50 or 58 to the arsenal as well

I special ordered mine so I am hoping the wife doesn’t beat me home the day it arrives. I hate explaining how it is pertinent that I need new clubs every few weeks.

Danimal;n8893997 said:
I special ordered mine so I am hoping the wife doesn’t beat me home the day it arrives. I hate explaining how it is pertinent that I need new clubs every few weeks.

I'm doing a lot of testing and reviewing, dear.....:bicker:

Anybody get their new CBX 2’s shipped yet? Since today is the official release date I am hoping for mine to be shipped by next week. Looking forward to the feedback on these, especially the thoughts on the 60*.

I ordered mine about three weeks ago and still waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooner21;n8895648 said:
I ordered mine about three weeks ago and still waiting.

Yeah, that’s me too. I special ordered it so I have to wait.

Per the 4 large golf retailers in San Diego the 54 and 58 are already back ordered as of the release date. Cleveland had many more pre-orders than expected and are a little behind. 52, 56, 60 in stock....

Edit 55 to 54 degree.

Last edited:
I know a local shop here is still still waiting on their delivery of them. All they got so far was a LH 52 and 60 that I was graciously allowed to demo in the shop

Still waiting on my 48 and 54 to ship, but, my 60 is here.

Purchased this morning and took them straight to the range after. All I can say is wow. I’m not the best ball striker, but somehow these fly no matter how terrible I am swinging them. I hit some chonk shots with the 56 and it still flew nice and high a bit short by about 7-8 yards than normal. Had that been my 588 RTX I’m not real sure where it would have went. Sent a couple shots off the toe...felt terrible but the ball still went up and just a tad right of the target. The 50 is just what I’m looking for in a gap wedge. Nice high straightedges ball flight from a nice and easy swing. Very consistent.

jbblan5;n8896480 said:
Purchased this morning and took them straight to the range after. All I can say is wow. I’m not the best ball striker, but somehow these fly no matter how terrible I am swinging them. I hit some chonk shots with the 56 and it still flew nice and high a bit short by about 7-8 yards than normal. Had that been my 588 RTX I’m not real sure where it would have went. Sent a couple shots off the toe...felt terrible but the ball still went up and just a tad right of the target. The 50 is just what I’m looking for in a gap wedge. Nice high straightedges ball flight from a nice and easy swing. Very consistent.

Makes me even more excited for my 50* to get in.

jbblan5;n8896480 said:

What a great feeling that is. Awesome and hope you continue your thoughts as you test them out more

jbblan5;n8896480 said:

Love reading this.

jbblan5;n8896480 said:

I feel like the 50 degree is the weak spot in my wedge game, this post makes me want to pick a cbx2 up to plug in.

baylrballa;n8896491 said:
I feel like the 50 degree is the weak spot in my wedge game, this post makes me want to pick a cbx2 up to plug in.

After reviewing the 52, this same thought is why I grabbed a 48 to try, the design flat out makes sense.

baylrballa;n8896491 said:

It was neat just watching it go up and then just drop between 90 and 100 yards. I have never been comfortable at that 100 yard mark, but this should help. I attempted to step on the 50 and it felt and looked funky in the air but still landed pretty decently all things considered at between 110-115 yards(just a guess).

My 60* is scheduled to be delivered on the 10th. I am excited that I get to take that bad boy on vacation to give it a workout. That is if HH is ok after Dorian.

Sounds like the rest of the heads are slow coming in from the supplier. That usually means that the demand has been high for these which does not surprise me.

Anybody have any more feedback on these? Still waiting on mine.....

Back