Cleveland CBX 2 Wedges

Thanks for the write-up!

JMB3;n8888006 said:
I'm excited to hear your thoughts on the 60. I've held off on ordering a RTX-4 because the CBX 2 intrigues me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I figure the biggest knock on these by people is always automatically the versatility argument, so what better way to test the three new sole designs than to play them all for a decent span of time?

Buster1;n8888316 said:
Thanks for the write-up!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Saw these today in a shop.

At address these look really good. Would not even realize the tech behind it. Would need to see how the sole works but wow they look good.

M2Giles;n8889409 said:
Saw these today in a shop.

At address these look really good. Would not even realize the tech behind it. Would need to see how the sole works but wow they look good.

It’s so true, at address, other than being SLIGHTLY bigger maybe, you’d be hard pressed to ever guess what was going on, on the other side of the club.

mtbloco;n8888000 said:
I heard that pre orders should start shipping early next week! Can't wait for my 54 to arrive.

That is what I like to hear. I am trying not to start calling and asking about my order all crazy like.

I went and played around with these at GG today (and note: I gamed the CBX 52, 56 & 60) last year.

Make no mistake, these are SGI wedges designed for SGI players. That's not a criticism. I played Ping G15 irons for 7 years and I'm currently playing Ping G400 irons. And I play to a 6 handicap. The thick, wide soles of the CBX 2 are a lot like the G400's, including the massive toe with a ton of weight out there. Provides maximum forgiveness, MOI and high-high ball flight.

I do think a lot more players should be in these. Not only the cavity back argument but the shaft weight and lighter overall club piece of the equation. It's real. They'll blend into many iron sets much better.

I love the Glide stealths (54 & 60) that replaced the CBX's last year and don't think I'll be changing back. And honestly, after looking at the upgrades Ping made to their Glide 3.0, I might add a 3.0 gap. The 3.0 looks slightly bigger to my eye than the 2.0 (looks like a deeper cavity back too). No denying looking at a vokey, a glide 3.0 and a CBX 2 there is a step change in size between each model (like small, medium and large). Ping seems to be trying to offer the same thing as Cleveland by going lighter shaft, more perimeter weighting, slightly bigger head and a smidge of offset... in a head more svelte than the CBX. Both are great options. I think it's an exciting time for wedges. First real change in quite some time.

Shot my second sub-80 round in as many weeks, mainly because of how great these wedges are. So much control and forgiveness.

I asked it in the RTX4 thread and will here as well, when my set is built and I begin working on my article, should I update in that and this thread, or a
new one specific to the discussion on versatility vs forgiveness of the two designs?

golfunfiltered;n8889610 said:
Shot my second sub-80 round in as many weeks, mainly because of how great these wedges are. So much control and forgiveness.

Well that is solid.

Jman;n8889649 said:
I asked it in the RTX4 thread and will here as well, when my set is built and I begin working on my article, should I update in that and this thread, or a
new one specific to the discussion on versatility vs forgiveness of the two designs?

I would start a New thread. The best of both worlds.

Jman;n8889418 said:
It’s so true, at address, other than being SLIGHTLY bigger maybe, you’d be hard pressed to ever guess what was going on, on the other side of the club.

When you were hitting the wedge you had, how did the wider sole work out for you? Thx

Danimal;n8889445 said:
That is what I like to hear. I am trying not to start calling and asking about my order all crazy like.

Guilty. I didn’t see the release date, just the 3-5 days for custom. And sent the feeler email after a week.

Jman;n8889649 said:

New thread, then link that in top of each line thread.

Getting excited about the new 60 degree coming in. I am keeping the 50 & 54 RTX 4 in their spots and putting the 60 CBX 2 in as my specialty lob wedge.

So it begins.

One in, two to come.

2c1a475b39edecb12cc9d4f54805ee9a.jpg

990e6b8191811519e12659bdd9229809.jpg

a4e7ccbb89aa007d7a38dcac39499ba3.jpg

Hit these today and they were very solid. Definitely a solid product that is going to help a lot of golfers.

Jman;n8891049 said:
So it begins.

One in, two to come.

really looking forward to your real world feedback. This could be a decision maker for me on getting a 58.

Im pretty impressed with the C grind on the 60, in hand, it’s pretty pronounced and honestly should give a little more versatility than one might expect.

Jman;n8891149 said:
Im pretty impressed with the C grind on the 60, in hand, it’s pretty pronounced and honestly should give a little more versatility than one might expect.

Are you playing them stock or are you changing them to match what you currently play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the look of this wedge. I bought a Ping glide 3.0 in the Eye 2 Grind but I am gonna pick one of these up too. See which wins a spot in my bag. I need a great bunker club and the Cleveland CBX2 checks all the boxes

Jman;n8891049 said:
So it begins.

One in, two to come.

How is it out of the sand? What about full swings. I know you probably don’t do it often, but the 58 CBX1 was awesome on both fronts.

JourdanInMich;n8891377 said:
How is it out of the sand? What about full swings. I know you probably don’t do it often, but the 58 CBX1 was awesome on both fronts.

LITERALLY just came in, hahaha

Going to put up a new thread when all three are in and built to match my RTX4's.

Full swing in a LW has been banished from my game, too much trouble for me, just because I can hit a 60* 105Y doesn't mean I NEED to, haha

Sooner21;n8891272 said:
Are you playing them stock or are you changing them to match what you currently play?

DG TI S400's came in yesterday. Will be built to the same length, SW, everything as my RTX4's, including exact loft and lie.

Jman;n8891414 said:
LITERALLY just came in, hahaha

Going to put up a new thread when all three are in and built to match my RTX4's.

Full swing in a LW has been banished from my game, too much trouble for me, just because I can hit a 60* 105Y doesn't mean I NEED to, haha

It looks so pretty.

The 58 easy swing for me was about 85 and I’m having trouble hitting my 54 that distance right now, that’s why I asked.

Will be a fun follow!

Back