Cleveland CBX 2 Wedges

Danimal;n8902333 said:
Anybody have any more feedback on these? Still waiting on mine.....

Just waiting for the 48/54 to arrive before I start messing with the 60 and then putting the versatility to the test.

I got a 54 about 2 weeks ago and Cleveland just delivered my 58 yesterday. Took them to the range and practice bunker today for testing. They both worked great and especially the 54 out of the sand hitting open face splash shots. I'm happy.

Picked up a 60* today and am very excited to get out and hit it. I’ve never felt comfortable with my wedges so reading all of the feed back gives me hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone upgraded from the CBX to the CBX2? is it a worthwhile upgrade?

sneaky_pete;n8902473 said:
anyone upgraded from the CBX to the CBX2? is it a worthwhile upgrade?

I haven't hit them yet, but as far as looks go the CBX2 seems to have dialed back the offset quite a bit compared to the CBX. I think they look much better now. If the new sole on the 58/60 works a bit better on open shots then it should be a winner. Currently putting S300's in my CBX 48, and 52 (both bent 2 weak to remove offset). For full swings I still think these are the best option out there.

Finally got confirmation that my wedge will be hear on Friday the 13th....hope that is not an omen to how I will hack this club. Leaving for HH on Saturday so this will be a trial by fire ???? with the 60*.

Got out for a quick 9 the other day with the new 54 degree. Definitely more forgiving than my previous TM Milled Grind, but I was also struggling a bit with full shots and getting my distances dialed in. Think I'll be adding a 50 degree to the bag as well in the near future.

WHOO! 48/54 have shipped finally!

Next week I will get them in, reshaft them and the 60, match specs to my RTX4's, and get to work!

My 50* should be delivered tomorrow - it'll go straight into play in a tourney starting Friday.;)

My 50* should be delivered tomorrow - it'll go straight into play in a tourney starting Friday.;)

Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

I should have plenty of thoughts by this time next week. My replacement 54* from a different company showed up a couple days ago also, so all new wedges for scores that somewhat matter...why not?

YEAH! My 48/54 are waiting on the porch at home!

Cleveland has a dangerous looking line. I mean that in the very best way. New irons, hybrids and these bad boys give me a smile.

Let’s get it!

32359744-035F-482B-A5F4-D659516D5D5F.jpeg

B4DE0D59-3CEF-4C9D-897B-7B9955FFA8A1.jpeg

Headed to pull the heads and get the Onyx DG TI's installed nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Will be same shaft, length, and SW as my RTX4's.

And boom. Curing.

Put some badass BB&F ferrules on them too. Took a bit to get the 48 to SW, more effort than the 54/60, but all are D5 now. Will turn the ferrules a touch in the morning and put them in play tomorrow at practice.

I’ve now played a few rounds with my 54 deg. I had it lengthen 1/2 and bent up 3 with the Dynamic Gold 115 wedge shaft. It matches quite well with my G410s. (AWT 2.0 S).

I hit 110-100 with my Ping U wedge. The 54 CBX2 is perfectly gapped in the 80 range I was looking for and it confidently grabs the green.

Out of the bunkers I’ve hit a few really nice shots. The bounce really lets me open up the face and blast behind the ball to get it to pop up high and float to the green.

Really happy with this club.

And boom. Curing.

Put some badass BB&F ferrules on them too. Took a bit to get the 48 to SW, more effort than the 54/60, but all are D5 now. Will turn the ferrules a touch in the morning and put them in play tomorrow at practice.
Are your CBX2's lower offset than the originals? Interested to hear your results.

Ferrules turned, TV +4's installed, and SW's hit.

Will have them on the course today, and will get some pics later. Ferrule game is turned up to 11 on these now with the BB&F ferrules.

Love seeing that V-sole get a C grind treatment

Forgot to snap a pic yesterday as I had to bolt from practice early to go get Ollie man since he started running a fever.

That said, I hit the 60 a few times and she and I have a little getting to know you and learning to play nice to do Hahahaha

Hoping to get back out tomorrow though!

If anyone has any Q’s on the three different sole designs or whatever, let’s talk shop. Golf talk is what makes the forum go round!

With lots of talk currently in the world of wedges about performance when using them in wet conditions, can you possibly give some feedback in due time as to how the CBX2 goes. I don’t mean launch monitor testing like other YouTube videos but just an opinion would be nice. It’s possibly going to influence my next wedge purchase as I play lots of dew.

Thanks James.

With lots of talk currently in the world of wedges about performance when using them in wet conditions, can you possibly give some feedback in due time as to how the CBX2 goes. I don’t mean launch monitor testing like other YouTube videos but just an opinion would be nice. It’s possibly going to influence my next wedge purchase as I play lots of dew.

Thanks James.
Hey Cam!

Man, that’s a toughy. Haha

The data out there clearly shows the Hydropearl for PING does a heck of a job in wet conditions, sadly I don’t have any Glide 3.0 experience yet.

I have played the CBX 2 in both heavy few and rain though during my review and it performed as one would expect with water on the face. Not bad at all, but if something is being left on the table there I can’t say.

I think if one plays in wet conditions most of the time then it’s something worth looking into more. Also, seems to me it’s something we could start seeing more and more companies try/apply somehow.

A lot of words and not a real definitive answer I know but it’s all I’ve got.

Back