Cleveland CG16 Irons - PHOTOS!!!

I'm a big fan of everything Cleveland has going on. It'll take a miracle to pull my woods loyalty from TaylorMade, but my next set of irons, wedges, hybrid would all be Cleveland if I had an unlimited disposable income.

Yep like KellyBo said I have a really keen interest in the Cleveland CG16 irons. I was getting some really odd looks with a blue Cleveland cap on my head the other day :embarrassed:... Who knows I might can swing a set of the CG16 and the new S3 snakes and alternate them. We just had a dude in Twiggs county hit a million dollar scratch off and a lady in our County hit a $750,000.00 win so who knows?:D

Ole Gray, our buddy Seemoreguy has been down at the show and he texted me that he absolutely loved the CG16 irons. I've yet to hit them myself, and I hope that there is a LH offering at the outing, but when everyone that hits them, raves about them, then you've got a seriously good set of sticks on your hands.

The CG16's were some of my favorite irons from the last outing, serious sticks there for sure.

Ole Gray, our buddy Seemoreguy has been down at the show and he texted me that he absolutely loved the CG16 irons. I've yet to hit them myself, and I hope that there is a LH offering at the outing, but when everyone that hits them, raves about them, then you've got a seriously good set of sticks on your hands.

Yep no doubt buddy and I can probaly snag a set for a really decent price. Our golf course deals primarily with Cleveland/Srixon golf equipment. I might get out and cut a few greens to work myself into a new set :golf2:!:cleveland:/:srixon:

The CG16's were some of my favorite irons from the last outing, serious sticks there for sure.

Yep no doubt buddy and I can probaly snag a set for a really decent price. Our golf course deals primarily with Cleveland/Srixon golf equipment. I might get out and cut a few greens to work myself into a new set :golf2:!:cleveland:/:srixon:

Do you guys prefer the chrome or the BP?

Personally I prefer the BP version. Hawt & Sessy and non glare for me.

I hit the chrome, but prefer the BP. I just love thelook.

I just checked the lofts of my TM '09 Burners and they are nearly identical to the CG16's and they both have 85g shafts. However, we get back to that that four letter work used often here on THP, "feel" the CG16's are just feel magnificient. My delima is which set to do get rid of.

Hey KellyBo...your dropping your PING sponsorship this year for the CG's?

Real men use BP! So that means #12 or IJP would choose the chrome.

I just checked the lofts of my TM '09 Burners and they are nearly identical to the CG16's and they both have 85g shafts. However, we get back to that that four letter work used often here on THP, "feel" the CG16's are just feel magnificient. My delima is which set to do get rid of.

Well, I know how much you love your G15's so you should keep those. If I were you, I'd off the Burners, then if for some reason you ever wanted to get back in the Burner family, you can get the 2.0's, lol.

You guys are making me want to try the CG16's now.

Real men use BP! So that means #12 or IJP would choose the chrome.

lmao, that dude is gonna have a hit put out on you or something. We need to get into a tourny and heckle the crap out of him.

I'm replacing my woods and hybrids with the new Cleveland line but not my G15s. I need to get my money's worth out of those first! I am going to hit these at the outing though.

KB: I know exactly what you mean with the PINGS. I am def getting the Mashie first but may not be able to wait on the irons. I dont think I ever hit a hybrid as consistently pure as I did the Mashie. Something is wrong with me if G15's become a back up set. If that happens I know I have reached a new level of addiction....even for me.

lmao, that dude is gonna have a hit put out on you or something. We need to get into a tourny and heckle the crap out of him.

lmao. Id have tshirts made with World #12, IJP written on them. Hed never hear the end of it. Our goal should be to get thrown out for heckling IJP.

'09 Burners! Then if you see the need you can upgrade to the Buner 2.0's down the road. I like it.

lmao. Id have tshirts made with World #12, IJP written on them. Hed never hear the end of it. Our goal should be to get thrown out for heckling IJP.

I'm in on that! I can possibly get tix to the PGA in Atlanta this year.

'09 Burners! Then if you see the need you can upgrade to the Buner 2.0's down the road. I like it.

hey skim shady, I already said that.

Yeah, OEM. I dont know what to do, man. There is some really good stuff out there now and I want it all. I hit the B2.0's and just did not hit them well. I think it was because the sole is a bit thinner than the '09's. That being said, I hit the Adams CB2 well and the have a similiar sole to the B2.0's if I recall. Perhaps my swing was just off the day I tested.

The CG16's have a little wider sole close to the '09 burners but def narrower than my g15's.

Going out today and may game the '09's to see where they stack up now.

Played these again today and though my ball striking left about to be desired, there's no doubt these clubs are legit. Great feel, nice ball flight, ad good distance

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

So after another round with these today with GG at Windermere Country Club, they are firmly planted in my bag for a while. I have them matched with a gorgeous set of shafts that look awesome and play awesome.

I am a full club longer then my previous set which has worked out well for me so far.

So after another round with these today with GG at Windermere Country Club, they are firmly planted in my bag for a while. I have them matched with a gorgeous set of shafts that look awesome and play awesome.

I am a full club longer then my previous set which has worked out well for me so far.

You were hitting some really pure shots with these irons today.

These are definitely near the top of the list for me to try in May.

I can't remember JB, is there a pic of the CG16s in here with your Monaco shafts?

Im really really jealous of you. I want a set bad.

I know I probably missed it but is the comparison to the 2.0s in here, and if it is, maybe take a guess at what page it might be on so I dont have to search to hard :angel:

From what I heard its basically just pick which one you like better and the CG16s might have a little better feel.

These are definitely near the top of the list for me to try in May.

I can't remember JB, is there a pic of the CG16s in here with your Monaco shafts?

1057785767_ZPz4J-L.jpg

1057785836_i8Neq-L.jpg

Cool, thank you. Not my cup of tea in the looks department (the shafts that is), but if you've got the performance..... Glad these are working so well for you!

Im really really jealous of you. I want a set bad.

I know I probably missed it but is the comparison to the 2.0s in here, and if it is, maybe take a guess at what page it might be on so I dont have to search to hard :angel:

From what I heard its basically just pick which one you like better and the CG16s might have a little better feel.

Well nevermind. Just read the whole thread. Found my answers.

Looking forward to the big review on them.

Back