Cleveland CG16 Irons - PHOTOS!!!

The Satin is very nice looking too. My CG16 7 iron is satin and its better looking then I remembered.

Stupid me got the 7 iron from Cleveland but haven't hit any real balls with it yet.

Stupid me got the 7 iron from Cleveland but haven't hit any real balls with it yet.

I made the mistake of hitting balls with it.

Since you cant hit them that means you can post pics later. I'll look forward to viewing them on my new iPad2 which BTW, I love. I want these irons in a bad way and have been thinking of rewarding myself after the new job.

Sorted when I get home mate.

I went with the black pearl finish on them. The plan is to send them to Vibrant when the weather gets sucky again and have the shafts blackened out, the numbers done in a green paint fill and a green grip put on. They are going to look sharp IMO.

The wife picked the black finish and when paired with the black graphite flex, it looks badd A**!

Sorted when I get home mate.

I went with the black pearl finish on them. The plan is to send them to Vibrant when the weather gets sucky again and have the shafts blackened out, the numbers done in a green paint fill and a green grip put on. They are going to look sharp IMO.

Very nice. Look forward to the pics.

and well too huh?

Yes very well. It was "that" feeling you get when something just works.

1209956469_nRm6q-L.jpg

Dang that green looks good.

Hit the 7 iron at the range again yesterday and continue to be thoroughly impressed. Also hit the 2.0 6 iron and my x22 7 iron going back and forth with the three clubs for most of the time I was there. CG definitely has the softest feel at impact. I still love the way these feel but I seem to have a better attack angle with a heavier shaft (I'm guessing the weight encourages me to drop it in to a better position). Has anyone hit these in both the 85g and a heavier shaft? What difference did it make to the feel?

The wife picked the black finish and when paired with the black graphite flex, it looks badd A**!
Oh yeah that is the truth. Made the mistake of getting the PIF 7-iron and next thing you know I have new cg16s in black pearl and graphite in the bag!

Hit the 7 iron at the range again yesterday and continue to be thoroughly impressed. Also hit the 2.0 6 iron and my x22 7 iron going back and forth with the three clubs for most of the time I was there. CG definitely has the softest feel at impact. I still love the way these feel but I seem to have a better attack angle with a heavier shaft (I'm guessing the weight encourages me to drop it in to a better position). Has anyone hit these in both the 85g and a heavier shaft? What difference did it make to the feel?

Flooder -- Not much help here with the heavier shaft info you are looking for. I have the regular steel shafts and love em. They just feel solid, sweet, forgiving, long, etc. I have the satin finish and they are pure hawt & sessy :thumb:.

Yup, pretty much like that, though with the green a bit deeper.

And ioh09irue09ru8e90rui09eruiew hiss hiss. Wife stole the camera for her hen's night out. Crappy phone pictures it shall be in a bit

I’ve been testing irons since February. I’ve demoed just about every new GI iron on the market and I settled on the Callaway Razr X. Recently, I went to my local shop to order the Callaway’s and the new CG 16’s were being added to the rack. I made the mistake of hitting them. This immediately caused doubt. I left without ordering clubs. I went back and spent a lot of time hitting the CG16’s on the simulator along with the Razr. I also had the opportunity to hit a PIF 7 iron off the grass at a local range.

Yesterday, I placed an order for Cleveland CG16’s in my specs, 5-PW in black pearl. Adding a CG16 50 degree wedge.

Dear Cleveland,

Your irons when paired with a Bridgestone 330-RX makes the ball go too far. I no longer have idea about how far any of my shots go and it's disconcerning.

Seems silly to complain about it, but there it is.

That is all.

Dear Cleveland,

Your irons when paired with a Bridgestone 330-RX makes the ball go too far. I no longer have idea about how far any of my shots go and it's disconcerning.

That is all.

Dear Cleveland,

That is all.

Too Funny! We should all have that problem!

Dear Cleveland,

That is all.

I feel your pain buddy :thumb:

This might be a shock to some, considering my signature a TM fanboy love. But im about this close to selling the 2.0's and getting some black pearl CG16's. For me they are exactly the same iron, EXCEPT the CG16's feel absolutely amazing. Now, I know I just caused my 2.0's to hate me but it had to be said. It may be a while before I/if do the switch but man, the CG16's are awesome. Bad thing is, I have only hit the 7i (cant imagine what a whole set would do to me)but I keep hitting it over and over and over and its slowly talking me into buying a set.

This might be a shock to some, considering my signature a TM fanboy love. But im about this close to selling the 2.0's and getting some black pearl CG16's. For me they are exactly the same iron, EXCEPT the CG16's feel absolutely amazing. Now, I know I just caused my 2.0's to hate me but it had to be said. It may be a while before I/if do the switch but man, the CG16's are awesome. Bad thing is, I have only hit the 7i (cant imagine what a whole set would do to me)but I keep hitting it over and over and over and its slowly talking me into buying a set.

Bridges, you are finding exact what I found. I liked both irons quite a bit, but much preferred the sound/feel of the CG16s.

Bridges, you are finding exact what I found. I liked both irons quite a bit, but much preferred the sound/feel of the CG16s.

Apologies for going off topic but I can't help but notice you are using the Srixon Z Star irons and wondered how you were liking them?

Thanks

Can't say I blame you, bridges. They have a level of softness that is just surprising. Definitely a pleasing sound when you hit them well.

Can't say I blame you, bridges. They have a level of softness that is just surprising. Definitely a pleasing sound when you hit them well.

I agree. Just love the feel and sound of the CG16's. Wouldn't blame anyone for off'ing whatever clubs they had for the CG's.

Back