Cleveland CG16 Irons - PHOTOS!!!

These look sweet

JB - When is your review coming out? I am waiting anxiously.........also will you be receiving Nike's new VR full cavity for testing?

JB - When is your review coming out? I am waiting anxiously.........also will you be receiving Nike's new VR full cavity for testing?

As we said earlier, it will be a little bit. We dont want to release a review of irons that dont come out for 3 months or so. It is coming soon.

I think of all the irons coming out in '11, these are the ones I want to try the most.

I think of all the irons coming out in '11, these are the ones I want to try the most.

If you like the Burner 2.0's you just won on THP, you will very much like these.

If you like the Burner 2.0's you just won on THP, you will very much like these.

Interesting, are they supposed to be a similar GI iron like the 2.0? I guess I just assumed they were a GE iron.

Interesting, are they supposed to be a similar GI iron like the 2.0? I guess I just assumed they were a GE iron.

They have both the regular and the Tour version. The regular version is a GI iron.

That makes sense. I think these are great looking sticks and look forward to hitting them whenever I get the chance.

JB, what kind of distance differences are you seeing with these irons? (I have not been able to figure it out yet) I also notice that your bag has the 5-PW what mashies are you carrying to gap your woods? Thanks.

JB, what kind of distance differences are you seeing with these irons? (I have not been able to figure it out yet) I also notice that your bag has the 5-PW what mashies are you carrying to gap your woods? Thanks.

I am getting about half a club distance gain compared to my Williams FW32 irons I played last year. As for the Mashies, I am going to carry 18 and 23 hopefully to fill the gaps completely.

I am getting about half a club distance gain compared to my Williams FW32 irons I played last year. As for the Mashies, I am going to carry 18 and 23 hopefully to fill the gaps completely.

Thanks, JB.

how did you get CG16's and a Mashie so early?

Cleveland made a mistake and shipped the new stuff to the local store...they put it on the shelf. Can't blame the store they would be holding over $3500 in merchandise.

*starts driving to TX*
Cleveland made a mistake and shipped the new stuff to the local store...they put it on the shelf. Can't blame the store they would be holding over $3500 in merchandise.

wow! good for you man, that's incredible. you've got some great irons and a great hybrid!

as for your distance issues (trying to figure that out) i went through a similar thing with the burner 2.0's. they are identically lofted to the CG16's. my advice, it just takes time and to just trust your new found distances.

I'll be honest, I totally forgot about these clubs. My Feb edition of Golf Digest came last night and while I was flipping through it, I saw the full page add for these. And know they are once again at the top of the list of irons to try at the Outing in May. Going to have myself a little shoot out between these and the 2.0s and see which come out on top. I totally missed these at the last Outing and now I have to make up for it!

I spent a lot of time with these at the Mini-Hanks Outing a couple months back and really have developed a soft spot for these irons. Great feel, feedback, and distance to be had with these. My 24 Hot's are nervous...
LOL Hanks! You can order them from Miami Golf store now. http://www.miamigolf.com/index/page/search?FullText=mashie. http://www.miamigolf.com/Cleveland-CG16-Black-Pearl-Iron-Set-2010-2011. I just called my local pro shop to see if I can pre-order my Mashie. I could see myself build an all Cleveland bag this year side by side with my TM bag.

I spent a lot of time with these at the Mini-Hanks Outing a couple months back and really have developed a soft spot for these irons. Great feel, feedback, and distance to be had with these. My 24 Hot's are nervous...

you hit them extremely well. i think they are gorgeous irons. i like that they are stronger lofted, a la 2.0 style. i hope to be able to demo these as well at some point.

Im with you 9IM, I am waiting for these to come out and right now it looks like it is going to be a battle between the JPX 800, the CG 16s, and the 2.0s. I can't wait!

PS what is up with the Miami Golf store advertising for the Mashie? That has to be a pre-order right

Im with you 9IM, I am waiting for these to come out and right now it looks like it is going to be a battle between the JPX 800, the CG 16s, and the 2.0s. I can't wait!

PS what is up with the Miami Golf store advertising for the Mashie? That has to be a pre-order right

Yes, it is pre-order. They have all 2011 Cleveland golf products online with the exception of Cleveland Ultralite FL FWs. I just placed an order with them (free shipping and possibily 10% off. LOL). I call the local pro shops, and none of them have it in hands yet.

The more I look at these, the more I just dont like the looks.

too much mass? too much offset? too thick of topline? you're such a gamer! you and your VR blades! you stud muffin! haha

seriously, what don't you like about the looks of them. they're very "ap-1/ap-2" looking to me.

I will be adding these to my bag in the next couple of months. Well at least 99 % percent sure and it's according to how they test out. It will not hurt to have anothe "C" set of irons in the bag :thumb:

Back