Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

I think the 10.5* head gives me a little more comfort and confidence to get after it. I was seriously expecting low bullets or something and that just wasn't the case at all. I would love to try the same combo in a 9* head but I'm comfortable with what I'm seeing.

Is it weird to think that maybe this driver performs better with a tour level ball? The QStar just got clowned by this driver today. Wtc is that?

I'm confused about it.

That really is interesting. Two main differences between those two is compression and the cover. I wonder if it's related to the spin numbers in some way. Can you get that thing on a vector with the two balls? Mostly because I'm just curious. I've wondered if the ball I chose will still be right with the new head.

That really is interesting. Two main differences between those two is compression and the cover. I wonder if it's related to the spin numbers in some way. Can you get that thing on a vector with the two balls? Mostly because I'm just curious. I've wondered if the ball I chose will still be right with the new head.

Yeah, I should be able to do something like that pretty soon. I might even do one better and take the QStar, Zstar, and XV in there with me and get some data. Don't know when but it's a good idea.

I think the 10.5* head gives me a little more comfort and confidence to get after it. I was seriously expecting low bullets or something and that just wasn't the case at all. I would love to try the same combo in a 9* head but I'm comfortable with what I'm seeing.

Is it weird to think that maybe this driver performs better with a tour level ball? The QStar just got clowned by this driver today. Wtc is that?

I'm confused about it.

Great info dude but the ball results was very strange. I have no idea what that means or why it happened. Very odd. Only thing I can think of is the different compression of the two is causing something to happen. But it still seems strange that it would be such a huge difference.

At the least, it will be interesting to see. You make me jealous right now lol. I want to hit 10 fairways. I'd be cool with 8 to be honest.

Great info dude but the ball results was very strange. I have no idea what that means or why it happened. Very odd. Only thing I can think of is the different compression of the two is causing something to happen. But it still seems strange that it would be such a huge difference.

Dude, it confuses me too. I had pretty much decided that the XV was gone johnson. Not after today. Maybe that will change after some more golf?

At the least, it will be interesting to see. You make me jealous right now lol. I want to hit 10 fairways. I'd be cool with 8 to be honest.

I'm extremely lucky Hawk. That's all. I can't even beat JB. I imagine chunky hits like 12 FIR's.

LOL dude Im with you, Id take 8 FW's any day and I assume Id shoot at least a 90 .. ha

Nah, that's not luck. There's always a little luck involved with golf, but you worked to get where you are. You have me all inspired to work like hell on my driver swing tomorrow.

How were your fairway misses? Barely off or in trouble?

LOL dude Im with you, Id take 8 FW's any day and I assume Id shoot at least a 90 .. ha

pfft! Not with i20's homey! Those things have given me a whole new level of confidence out of the fairway.

How were your fairway misses? Barely off or in trouble?

The one I missed with the driver was on 18. I was in the left rough, but my feet were in the fairway, so not by much dude. I missed the others with other clubs (3wood and hybrid).

The one I missed with the driver was on 18. I was in the left rough, but my feet were in the fairway, so not by much dude. I missed the others with other clubs (3wood and hybrid).

That is awesome!

Dude, it confuses me too. I had pretty much decided that the XV was gone johnson. Not after today. Maybe that will change after some more golf?

Very strange..... Did you play the exact same QStar the whole round? Maybe it was just a freakishly bad dud of a single golf ball?

But glad you're enjoying the driver. I'm with you that the sound is probably the least impressive thing about it. But everything else just rocks.

Great feedback TC. I was like you in that I expected to see low bullets out of my 9* head, but in reality it works perfectly for my swing. I couldn't be happier with my driver choice.

Very strange..... Did you play the exact same QStar the whole round? Maybe it was just a freakishly bad dud of a single golf ball?

But glad you're enjoying the driver. I'm with you that the sound is probably the least impressive thing about it. But everything else just rocks.

Yeah man, the same ball. It's mind bottling but I can't ignore the results. The sound is just different. I don't understand how it can be that muted.

Great feedback TC. I was like you in that I expected to see low bullets out of my 9* head, but in reality it works perfectly for my swing. I couldn't be happier with my driver choice.

Yeah, I'm very pleased. Just based on everything you read about this thing being such a low spin driver made me think I would see something more extreme than I actually did. Especially when pairing it with the Kusala Black.

Great round TC! It makes me even more upset that I got home this afternoon and was greeted with Fedex doortag of frustration.

I'm going to pick up this driver at the Fedex facility tomorrow, hoping to take it to the range tomorrow afternoon!

I really like the sound of the Classic. Maybe I am in the minority? Or maybe it is because I never really liked the sound of the R11 I used to game? I hate the louder pings of some of today's drivers.

Nice update TC. Glad you saw some great instant results. The heavier shaft in the lighter head feel any different for you?

I really like the sound of the Classic. Maybe I am in the minority? Or maybe it is because I never really liked the sound of the R11 I used to game? I hate the louder pings of some of today's drivers.

I don't dislike it man, it's just different.

Nice update TC. Glad you saw some great instant results. The heavier shaft in the lighter head feel any different for you?

Not really. I went with the 61S Black, so it's a weight I'm pretty comfy with.

I don't dislike it man, it's just different.

Not really. I went with the 61S Black, so it's a weight I'm pretty comfy with.

Nice combo man! Love it!

I hear you and I was not speaking only to you. Have seen many comments here over the past few weeks talking about how they are kinda ehhh about the sound. I was just pointing out that I actually like it and find it to be a refreshing change from the R11.

Nice combo man! Love it!

I hear you and I was not speaking only to you. Have seen many comments here over the past few weeks talking about how they are kinda ehhh about the sound. I was just pointing out that I actually like it and find it to be a refreshing change from the R11.

Gotcha! It sounds solid, that's for sure. I wish you could've seen my face the first time I hit it. LOL, I thought I completely missed the center of the face and broke something.

TC,so glad to hear that you are loving the Classic. It is a great club! I am in serious ponder mode because of the two great rounds I had with it at Chambers. I am with tomahawk that I really love the sound of this driver. It is refreshing.

went from a Superfast 2.0 (as loud as can be), to an R11 (not as loud, but still very loud) to the Classic. I love the sound of this driver. Muted but still a thwack.

I want one.

TC,so glad to hear that you are loving the Classic. It is a great club! I am in serious ponder mode because of the two great rounds I had with it at Chambers. I am with tomahawk that I really love the sound of this driver. It is refreshing.

I want one.

It's just a matter of time for both of you.

Back