Cleveland Classic Driver - THP Preview Thread

one will have it hoarded by the weekend

I think both should wait until the outing. I reckon JB's going to have some wicked combos for them to try. I want Kmac to try JB's 12*/Blue combo.

I think both should wait until the outing. I reckon JB's going to have some wicked combos for them to try. I want Kmac to try JB's 12*/Blue combo.

you think Kmac can show that much restraint?

I vote for waiting as well, as much as that goes against all that is right in the world.

Gotcha! It sounds solid, that's for sure. I wish you could've seen my face the first time I hit it. LOL, I thought I completely missed the center of the face and broke something.

hahahaha! I could just see you now. You would furrow your brow, look over to me concerned and say, "Did that sound weird to you?" You would look at the driver face and see that you hit it square and then say, "I reckon that is just how it sounds."

Reactions: TC
hahahaha! I could just see you now. You would furrow your brow, look over to me concerned and say, "Did that sound weird to you?" You would look at the driver face and see that you hit it square and then say, "I reckon that is just how it sounds."

LOL, rep added for accuracy!

Here are a few drives I hit with the Classic 290 at Tour 18 Dallas last weekend. Some were asking about the sound recently and these videos will give you a good idea.

Good drive on hole 3 (Doral #18). Actually rolled through the fairway barely into the rough close to 300.
[VID]
This is a drive that went about 280 right down the middle with a slight draw on hole 7 (Harbortown #18).
[VID]
Another good one starting amen corner at 16. (Augusta #11)
[VID]

Just thought I would help some of you who haven't seen or heard the Classic 290 in action. I am in love with this driver. Hit a solid 10 fairways with it again in this round. Double digit fairways hit in all but one round so far with this beauty.
Nice vids tomahawk, I've got a 10.5° 290 w/ Miyazaki C Kua Stiff on order, it was awesome for me @ PGA SS indoor simulator. Hopefully it translates to the course as well as it has for you.

I vote for waiting as well, as much as that goes against all that is right in the world.

Well after hitting some Classic today at GG I may not buy another club for a very long time. Might be lesson time again to relearn what Ive already had 39 lessons about. Stupid game.

Well after hitting some Classic today at GG I may not buy another club for a very long time. Might be lesson time again to relearn what Ive already had 39 lessons about. Stupid game.
So... did you hit it good? or bad? :confused2:

I'm thinking that he struggled hitting anything today. Which I can relate to.

I should stay OUT of threads like this. Anything TC posts in really, he brings out the ho in me...crazy burly mountain man.

LOL

I should stay OUT of threads like this. Anything TC posts in really, he brings out the ho in me...crazy burly mountain man.

LOL

The Classic would kick the hell out of that G20....:alien:

I hit it terrible. But this isnt the club as I was hitting bad on the range Friday too.

That blows, Kmac and I feel your pain.

Hang in there dude! It will come around and you will be bombing a Classic.

Even though you're on the wrong team TC I can't express how happy I am for you dude. From the get go I thought the classic and black would be a lethal combo for you, I'm guessing a round of 71 is pretty decent.

I'm betting its spin that killed the qstar, when I've looked at it on the monitor its always had more backspin. The xv is the lowest driver spinning ball I've ever hit. And since you've got a shaft that allows you to unleash you might be over compressing the qstar.

Guess which guy just ordered a 10.5 w/ Kusala White 61S...

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Welcome to the brotherhood, COLT!

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Me too. Now just got to decide on whether to go with the 588CBs or the i-20s and I'm set for the year.

It looks like a lot of you guys have switched to this bad boy!
Has anyone switched from a Titleist 910 D2 to this club? Comparison? I like my driver now but you all got me intrigued!

and another question. Most of you sport Cleveland clubs, a lot of former G20 users, am I accurate on that statement? Have you guys compared to other brands out there? Titleist, Callaway, TM, etc. and do you think this Classic Driver is just as good or even better than those brands? The only reason I'm asking is because I have a Titleist, owned TM, hit Callaways and Nikes but never a Cleveland. I guess I won't know until I hit the Classic but I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY interested by just reading all your posts.

Oh and I don't know why I'm asking questions 12:30 at night? Most of you guys are 3 hours ahead. I'm an airhead!

I have hit the latest offerings from all these companies. I was really tossing up between the R11S, RAZR Fit and the Cleveland Classic. For me the biggest difference is the spin levels. The R11S gave me almost double the spin that the Classic did according to the monitor. The Fit was somewhere between the two. My current superfast is similar, heaps of spin. As someone who struggles with a slice this is a huge advantage. Add this to the fact that Cleveland support THP so much and the reviews on here and I couldn't go any other way. Their wedges and hybrids are amazing so why wouldn't their drivers be?
Plus I want to be just like TC and JN. Thinking of switching to lefty just so I can be more like them.

I wasn't saying most guys that use the Classic are bias but I just haven't seen comparisons with other drivers. I guess I won't find out until I try one against my 910 but Im just curious and intrigued.

I'll see if I have a copy of the numbers I hit on the monitor. It was similar length as the R11s and the Fit but because of those lower spin numbers it had much better dispersion. Also I tested the 10.5 and have ended up ordering the 9* so I'm expecting to see a more penetrating flight and more distance as I was on the verge of ballooning anything 10.5. A bit of wind and I'd be in a lot of trouble.

Back