Cleveland Classic Hybrid Preview Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has all the details of the latest hybrid coming out from Cleveland Golf called the Classic. Check it out here.

http://bit.ly/XVdpL4

I like the look of these a lot more than then Cleveland's hybo's from last year. The black matte finish on top really makes this thing look nice. I'm a sucker for black matte! Lol!

Now this excites me! I have never tried a Cleveland hybrid that did not have the Miyazaki shaft so I am very curious to hear more about this one and how it works with this new hybrid.

I am liking the lofts I am seeing here and the fact that a 5 hybrid is available!! That is dead up my alley.

I am a fan of the matte black, both on this and the driver. But honestly, I'm a little disappointed that there isn't a Miyazaki hybrid shaft in this hybrid. I guess I could always buy this and put it my old mashie shaft if this Ozik shaft doesn't work out.

This will be fun to try out, I am a fan of Matrix OZIK XCON golf shafts. They and Miyazaki are both pretty awesome IMO. Liking that the Gliderrail Sole is on the Classic Hybrid also.

thats a great looking hybrid. I was never a big fan of the mashie because of the offset. But now with the little offset and the gliderail technology this might be a big winner.

I'm interested in hearing about these shafts. I LOVE the black look. Man it's awesome looking. If it hits like the mashie and has improved in it. Holy cow watch out.

The color is great, I was just hoping for a non offset hybo. But I'll save judgement until I've had a chance to hit it.

Nice looking club. Have these replaced the mashie or will both be available this year?

Looks very nice. As others have said, I would rather the Miyazaki shaft but I am a fan of the Ozik line.

I like the looks - I'm seeing some old school launcher in there I think

Love the look, is that flat black on top?

Those look great, can't wait to compare to the mashie

I agree with Freddie, I was hoping for non offset but I like the looks of it. They "sexy"ed up the Mashie. Not sure how I feel about the stock shaft offering.

I will be trying this out. I have a hard time with hybrids but I like the look of it

Looks good, definitely something I'll want to try out!

I like the looks of these, as well. Has that mashie style to them, but keeps the look of the Classic line that has been released. Interesting offering with the shaft, and makes me wonder why the change from Miyazaki?

I like the looks of these, as well. Has that mashie style to them, but keeps the look of the Classic line that has been released. Interesting offering with the shaft, and makes me wonder why the change from Miyazaki?

Great question about the shafts. Perhaps they found this Matrix shaft to be a better fit for the FW and hybrid offerings? Cost?

I really like the look of these, and Cleveland is sure to not disappoint when it comes to their woods.

This is a great looking hybrid!

An already great hybrid, now added a couple new features and a black colour crown? Might finally give the Mashie the market presence it deserves.

Not very good at all IMO. I hate how the black wraps around to the silver sole. Not a fan at all. And no Miyazaki shaft. Pass for me.

I still havent been able to game offset hybrids, so this one has me a bit disappointed. It also looks like the interview JB did with Cleveland for the B-Asha was spot on, where they would be going away from Miyazaki shafts as stock options in many of their lines. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

The offset seems pretty extreme to me, could be just the pics though. I don't know about the black with the name Classic associated with it just yet, I think the finish of the Mashie seemed more of a throw back or classic finish if you ask me. I can't wait to hit it though.

For some reason this doesn't excite me. I like the finish of the Mashie better. The offset doesn't bother me because the 1st mashie had some offset and I hit that fine. With it keeping the gliderails though I will certainly hit it, I bet it's still great from the rough.

Back