Cleveland Classic Hybrid Preview Thread

Bizzare, that was my first question. I don't put a lot of stock in the distance numbers. Was hoping for some advice on the spin/launch/decent angle

They look pretty good. It's going to be a pretty high ball right there. A little less spin would get you a few more yards and a little less height, but I don't think it's too big of a deal.

Very nice Tim. This one is such a sleeper this year IMO with the buzz of the X2H and the Bio, soooooo good though.

Very nice Tim. This one is such a sleeper this year IMO with the buzz of the X2H and the Bio, soooooo good though.

Best part is the price right now as well. $45 new on the bay

My absolute favorite club in the bag right now. I swung it twice tonight in my sim league, both off the tee, one 235 yards dead straight and another mishit 220 yards to the right rough. Those are HUGE numbers for me with a 3h. It's just so easy to swing and listen/see the ball explode off the club face.

Best part is the price right now as well. $45 new on the bay

That price was low enough to get it in my bag! I put a weight in the shaft and it really came alive for me.

Picked up the stiff 3 hybrid on eBay and had my first swings with it in the dome yesterday. Really liked the overall feel of the club, especially at impact. Can't wait to hit it off grass and experience the gliderails.

Thats awesome Ben. Keep us updated on how it is working for you. I liked this hybrid quite a bit.

Picked up the stiff 3 hybrid on eBay and had my first swings with it in the dome yesterday. Really liked the overall feel of the club, especially at impact. Can't wait to hit it off grass and experience the gliderails.

U will love it...I struggle with most hybrids off the deck but these were unbelievably easy to hit. Congrats on the purchase.

Picked up the 3 & 4 hybrids off the bay. Can't wait to try them out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many are still gaming this hybrid? I have to say, this beast has withstood the test of time and continues to perform for me.

I've hit it a few times this week on course, and all have given me more than ideal results. For the most part I play it with a tight 5-10 yard draw, and can usually play it a bit higher or a bit lower depending on conditions. Even straight into the wind, the draw doesn't seem to get magnified and has enough spin on it to not fly through the green after the bounce.

Sound, look, and turf interaction are everything I wanted in a hybrid at the start of last year.

How many are still gaming this hybrid? I have to say, this beast has withstood the test of time and continues to perform for me.

I've hit it a few times this week on course, and all have given me more than ideal results. For the most part I play it with a tight 5-10 yard draw, and can usually play it a bit higher or a bit lower depending on conditions. Even straight into the wind, the draw doesn't seem to get magnified and has enough spin on it to not fly through the green after the bounce.

Sound, look, and turf interaction are everything I wanted in a hybrid at the start of last year.

The Classics are money from any lie on the course. I have regular shafts in mine and a nice easy swing gives me Sportscenter Top 10 results more times than not. Only problem i'm finding is the distance gap between my 3H and 4H doesnt seem to be much of anything. I haven't hit them on a monitor but I suppose that is normal with only 2.5° of loft difference between the two.

My game has improved alot since dropping the G20 hybrids and adding these. I would be lost without them as well as my XL driver. Cleveland made a fan out of me.

The club ho in me wants to hit the 588 hybrids, but there's really no need to...

looking to buy an H1 and H2 if anyone is getting rid of theirs.

Back