Cleveland Classic Hybrid Preview Thread

I really hope everyone gets to give this club a shot.

As I mentioned before, I got one of these on launch day and I am still loving it.

Very easy to hit and sets up beautifully. As some of you have seen, the headcover is also pretty awesome

Phenomenal sounding.

And long.

So, I got the H5 late last week with the stock Matrix shaft in stiff flex. Yesterday was my first time swinging it.

First thought: My goodness, this club sounds phenomenal. You talk about a solid thwack/crack at impact - this club delivers it.

I don't think I missed a single shot with this all day on the range or the course. I would call it a mid high ball that can land softly and stop. I have little doubt after yesterday that this will be a perfect 175 yard club for me. I found the turf interaction great from the dormant driving range to some actual turf on the course. Ball flight was straight with zero indication of the old Mashie hooker that many of us know.

Several others, including Jman and MWard, took some range swipes and the general consensus was how great it sounded and how easy it was too hit and just watch climb. Excited to get this back out in more favorable conditions and get even more feedback.

Right on Cookie. I couldn't get over how nice it looked at address. Just a great looking hybrid.

So, I got the H5 late last week with the stock Matrix shaft in stiff flex. Yesterday was my first time swinging it.

First thought: My goodness, this club sounds phenomenal. You talk about a solid thwack/crack at impact - this club delivers it.

I don't think I missed a single shot with this all day on the range or the course. I would call it a mid high ball that can land softly and stop. I have little doubt after yesterday that this will be a perfect 175 yard club for me. I found the turf interaction great from the dormant driving range to some actual turf on the course. Ball flight was straight with zero indication of the old Mashie hooker that many of us know.

Several others, including Jman and MWard, took some range swipes and the general consensus was how great it sounded and how easy it was too hit and just watch climb. Excited to get this back out in more favorable conditions and get even more feedback.

Very Nice Cookie! Great to hear that the old Mashie hooker didn't show up.

This could be an interesting hybrid especially in lower lofted models. With the offset it should pound the ball high and long. I like the stock shaft offering!

I enjoyed chatting up T2Green about this hybrid yesterday, and it sounds like it was a real beast for him..

I really can't wait to get more swings in with it, maybe even with a couple different shafts. Going to be a go-to club for me this year!

I enjoyed chatting up T2Green about this hybrid yesterday, and it sounds like it was a real beast for him..

I really can't wait to get more swings in with it, maybe even with a couple different shafts. Going to be a go-to club for me this year!
It feels amazing. I put it up against the Titleist and the Adams.... And for me this club just felt so good. I have one inbound from the bay.... $128 out the door including shipping, thank to some advice from Canadan

It feels amazing. I put it up against the Titleist and the Adams.... And for me this club just felt so good. I have one inbound from the bay.... $128 out the door including shipping, thank to some advice from Canadan

I'm pumped it worked out for you man. Glad to hear it hit well, and even more happy to see some Cleveland stay in the bag for '13!!

Dang! $128 is a great price!

Haha, same price I paid. That Canadaniel must be a smart fellow.

Haha, same price I paid. That Canadaniel must be a smart fellow.
Inside trading or what ever... That baby is headed for the bag!

Inside trading or what ever... That baby is headed for the bag!

Very cool man. What loft & flex you go with? For just one outing with mine, I am REALLY liking it.

You were my insight. Kevin, give a big shout out to Cookie for finding that steal!

Good looking out Cookiel there ya go fellas... Lol.. I'm pretty stoked! Cookie did you get it from the same guy? Got a delivery the of like between the 12thto the 25th....I'm hoping its closer to the 12th

Good looking out Cookiel there ya go fellas... Lol.. I'm pretty stoked! Cookie did you get it from the same guy? Got a delivery the of like between the 12thto the 25th....I'm hoping its closer to the 12th

Yep, undapa. I pestered him about shipping by asking for a tracking number, etc and mine shipped straight from Cleveland Golf.

Very cool man. What loft & flex you go with? For just one outing with mine, I am REALLY liking it.

23 in stiff.... I've never had a full time Hybo in my bag

Yep, undapa. I pestered him about shipping by asking for a tracking number, etc and mine shipped straight from Cleveland Golf.
Good tip... I will hit him up a few times...

I can't wait to check out these hybrids. I have an original Mashie and love it, but I sometimes get the hooksies with it.

Can anyone compare this to the original Mashie in terms of performance? I'd especially like to hear from someone who had hooking problems with the original.

I can't wait to check out these hybrids. I have an original Mashie and love it, but I sometimes get the hooksies with it.

Can anyone compare this to the original Mashie in terms of performance? I'd especially like to hear from someone who had hooking problems with the original.

I had HUGE hooking problems with the original Mashie. This felt/sounded more like an iron and had, if anything, a small fade. Only on Galaxy sims though, nothing on the launch monitors... YET.

I would love to have a classic 1hybrid to replace the 3w.... If only it was available for lefties.

R&D video for the new FW and hybrid:

Your on a roll with the vids cookie, nicely done!!!

Freaking wish my hybrid would get here! Only draw back to buying things on the bay.... The waiting is rough

We have had the Classics in the shop for 3 weeks now and I've included it in 10-12 fittings so far - and not once did the customer select it (and Trackman pretty much agreed). I think this is sort of a tweener club and may not not fit a ton of players without some modifications. The smaller iron style head does not seem to be preferred by most of the high handicaps - a sense of confidence at address I expect based on comments. But the set up is too light for most of the stronger players who generally favor this type of head. I've got a fitting tomorrow with a college player and I'm going to put something heavier into the Classic for him and see how it works.

For myself, I like the way it sets up and will drop my favorite hybrid shaft in one soon and then hit the Trackman. The 2012 Mashie did not work well for me until I reshafted it.

Back