Cleveland Frontline Putters

Jman;n8897616 said:
Better. Than. The. Seven.

Yep, I said it.

ddec Actually, as I told Dean, I think it out 7’s a 7.

they really nailed that design and we've been talking about that since the Elevado came out with the 2135 line. I thought you had the other shape and not this one, I'd roll the heck out of this one

Also I forgot to mention I really like the 2135 tech still being there but nowhere near as ugly. I'll be looking to roll one of these in store for sure.

Really the only thing I don't like about these is the name. Makes me thing about the flea and tick medication for cats/dogs

Yo James, I love love love the video. Some great information in there.

ddec;n8897768 said:
they really nailed that design and we've been talking about that since the Elevado came out with the 2135 line. I thought you had the other shape and not this one, I'd roll the heck out of this one

Heeeeeeeck no. TBH, the other two mallets leave a lot to be desired visually. This one though? Money.

Jman ;n8897782 said:
Heeeeeeeck no. TBH, the other two mallets leave a lot to be desired visually. This one though? Money.

Yup, this shape is so well done.

Great article James and I can't wait to watch the video at lunch. The Elevado is the only #7 style that I've ever got along with but I unfortunately didn't enjoy the feel of the previous version so hearing that it has improved is huge. I'm looking forward to seeing one in person to compare the feel to what I remember from the previous model. I'm also really curious about the size with the face height being 2135 height. Very cool stuff!

Can you pick up a ball with the Elevado this time around? The previous wings on the old model were too wide and the ball would flop around.

Also with the weight forward in these do you have loft up?

Nice review James - these have my full attention, and I'll be in store to give them a go the day they're released.

erock9174;n8897795 said:
Can you pick up a ball with the Elevado this time around? The previous wings on the old model were too wide and the ball would flop around.

Also with the weight forward in these do you have loft up?

You can, and I never had any issues with the previous versions either.

No, weight moving forward in a putter is not going to effect the dynamic loft of the putter and the roll.

KEV ;n8897787 said:
I'm also really curious about the size with the face height being 2135 height.

This crossed my mind, too. I was surprised how close the 2135 line was to the topline on my 6.5 (never really paid much attention to this before), which is similar to the original Elevado. You'd only need to shave a little off the black topline to get this new face height.

By the way, these can be customized (paintfill, grip, length, etc) through Cleveland's website, pretty cool.

Jman;n8897862 said:
By the way, these can be customized (paintfill, grip, length, etc) through Cleveland's website, pretty cool.

well that's killer

Jman;n8897862 said:

That's a really cool feature and just makes that price point even more attractive.

I just watched the video and it really shows how nice that shape looks. If people give these a chance it could be a hit for Cleveland.

A question popped in my head regarding the tungsten weighting. If they add the tungsten to the blade models shouldn't that increase the MOI and be a big selling point if that is indeed the case?

DSC00886-XL.jpg

DSC00881-XL.jpg

DSC00883-XL.jpg

I mean, come on. The pics say it all, this is a damn good mallet design/shape.

I love the dark finish and the contrast the sight line has, also I'm a huge fan of a sightline in that position, as close to the ball and face as possible, really helps with alignment.

fantastic review, really enjoyed how the video broke down the tech from a visual perspective. I'm really digging the shape of the Elevado so I might have to give this putter a look (especially at the sub $200 price point).

I've always loved the alignment of mallet putters but never cared for the feel of moving the weight away from the face. This thing solves both those problems. Also, it looks really good. And custom paintfill is awesome.

Paladin;n8897953 said:
I've always loved the alignment of mallet putters but never cared for the feel of moving the weight away from the face. This thing solves both those problems. Also, it looks really good. And custom paintfill is awesome.

Just 10.00 for the custom paint fill too.

I really enjoy the thinking with the face. Lots of great intention there. But I don't know if the three sections aesthetically bring me joy. I know being able to see visible tech is important for the story of the putter, but a wildly nonuniform putter face is a bold move and I hope it pays off. I just don't know if I could jump on board.

I’ve felt that Cleveland putters have been underrated for years. This combines some awesome new tech with some improvements on things that they’ve done well (2135).

The SOFT face being firmer and feeling more milled is huge. I need to try the forward weighting and see how it is on the mishits for me.

I think I see a 4.0 in my future

In the video, a couple of putts on a putting mat or carpet, better yet outdoors though more setup involved I'd guess, would be nice. Any angle, top down best, but capture the sound as well if possible.

Good job though, that was not an editorial complaint but a suggestion for the future if you're increasing video content. The Epic Flash sound complaints come to mind as I write that.

keto;n8898093 said:
In the video, a couple of putts on a putting mat or carpet, better yet outdoors though more setup involved I'd guess, would be nice. Any angle, top down best, but capture the sound as well if possible.

Good job though, that was not an editorial complaint but a suggestion for the future if you're increasing video content. The Epic Flash sound complaints come to mind as I write that.

Those things would be great, if there was an easy way for me/us to accomplish them while maintaining the quality. As it is, the hope with any review (written or video) is that you all will go out and give the product a go to see those things yourself, as even in a video the sound can be different than in person.

Definitely just a starting point for us though, and I'm glad you enjoyed! Thank you!

blugold;n8898025 said:
I really enjoy the thinking with the face. Lots of great intention there. But I don't know if the three sections aesthetically bring me joy. I know being able to see visible tech is important for the story of the putter, but a wildly nonuniform putter face is a bold move and I hope it pays off. I just don't know if I could jump on board.

I definitely get that. I do think for a company like Cleveland though when it comes to putters, a plain uniform face is typically met with remarks of "looks cheap" whereas "high end" makers get a pass. So this is probably the smartest path for them.

the more I think about the idea behind the face, my mind keeps going back to what they used to do with Never Compromise and the Grey Matter back when they first launched. Clearly this is a little more high-tech than those designs were, but I always thought they were effective with the weight on the ends and up towards the front.

Back