Cleveland Frontline Putters

Nice write up Jman

Nice write up and great looking putter. I really like the approach they've taken with this. Really nice lines for this style of putter and I dig the idea behind the weighting. Very intriguing for sure.

Jman;n8897621 said:
Really appreciate the comments! The video is something I know everyone will be seeing more in most of my articles, not all, but I believe on certain reviews it supplements the article AND stands alone well and that’s the goal!

Agree. I appreciated both. And both were well done. Knowing you prefer this over the various 7 -style models out there...speaks volumes.

Question for you James.

Did you try both the slant neck and double bend shafts? Is there one you prefer, & if so, why?

Grins;n8898618 said:
Question for you James.

Did you try both the slant neck and double bend shafts? Is there one you prefer, & if so, why?

I didn't, only the double bend.

Honestly, even as a lover of slant necks, with the gloss black putter shaft I don't have any want to move from the single bend or to try the other one. Amazing how much the color of a putter shaft makes a difference for me personally when looking down at a single or double bend setup.

Paladin;n8898169 said:
I like a putter face that basically screams, "Only hit it here." Realistically, you're not getting worthwhile results from any putter if you hit it off the logo, so why put putter face there if you can put tech there?

I understand. I can handle insert putters where the insert doesn't cover the entire face. I know this seems inconsistent. I just don't love the look of the face. But I love the tech.

Jman;n8897862 said:
By the way, these can be customized (paintfill, grip, length, etc) through Cleveland's website, pretty cool.

hmmm, hard ponder. Limey'd out

elevado.jpg

Just watched the video associated with the review. it is VERY well done. Thanks

Nice review video Jman I always learn something! That looks like a nice putter and the price point certainly is appealing.

Jman;n8898784 said:
I didn't, only the double bend.

Honestly, even as a lover of slant necks, with the gloss black putter shaft I don't have any want to move from the single bend or to try the other one. Amazing how much the color of a putter shaft makes a difference for me personally when looking down at a single or double bend setup.

Never thought about that. But it makes sense. I could get used to an all-black shaft (like a SeeMore shaft that went terminal).

got to roll the elevado yesterday and WOW does it feel amazing. The SOFT line was incredible and highly underrated, but these Frontline putters take it up a notch. Overall the Frontline felt heavier to me which I prefer. I had it in my hands 3 separate times to walk to the checkout line . Had to consistently tell myself "you don't need another putter".... I'm sure I will have this in play by next week!

The stock grip is a huge improvement. I've owned an evnroll er5 and toulon Vegas this year...imo the elevado felt better off the face and consistently rolled the ball better than both. For only $200 I highly doubt you will find a better putter on the market

jfrigo1003;n8899476 said:
got to roll the elevado yesterday and WOW does it feel amazing. The SOFT line was incredible and highly underrated, but these Frontline putters take it up a notch. Overall the Frontline felt heavier to me which I prefer. I had it in my hands 3 separate times to walk to the checkout line . Had to consistently tell myself "you don't need another putter".... I'm sure I will have this in play by next week!

The stock grip is a huge improvement. I've owned an evnroll er5 and toulon Vegas this year...imo the elevado felt better off the face and consistently rolled the ball better than both. For only $200 I highly doubt you will find a better putter on the market

Where'd you see them at? Has Cleveland put these in stores early like the CBX 2's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenputt;n8898532 said:
I stopped by my local store today to pick up a box of balls and it has these putters in stock.

Anybody know if PGA Superstore or Worldwide Golf has these in the stores to try yet?

Kenomikes;n8899536 said:
Anybody know if PGA Superstore or Worldwide Golf has these in the stores to try yet?

Pre order right now but coming soon.
Budget has pre order as well starting up.

Kenomikes;n8899536 said:

I was in a Worldwide Golf store when I saw them two days ago.

jfrigo1003;n8899476 said:

You saw what I tried to gush about in the review, and honestly, I think anyone who gives the Elevado a try this go round will have the same feelings.

This isn't just a good putter, its a great putter. I don't care for the other models in the line, but Cleveland definitely got 1/4 right.

Sooner21;n8899496 said:
Where'd you see them at? Has Cleveland put these in stores early like the CBX 2's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pga superstore had them out early. Highly recommend!!!

Jman;n8899574 said:
You saw what I tried to gush about in the review, and honestly, I think anyone who gives the Elevado a try this go round will have the same feelings.

This isn't just a good putter, its a great putter. I don't care for the other models in the line, but Cleveland definitely got 1/4 right.

yea your review was spot on!! I LOVED the feel of this putter. I have one of the new TM patina putters and im gonna use my playability return at pga store and swap it for the elevado....and have $50 left over!

jfrigo1003;n8899777 said:
pga superstore had them out early. Highly recommend!!!

Only big box store I have around is Golf Galaxy - just called and they said they don't have them. I feel like an Elevado should make an appearance in my bag.

Sooner21;n8899785 said:
Only big box store I have around is Golf Galaxy - just called and they said they don't have them. I feel like an Elevado should make an appearance in my bag.

I worked at golf galaxy the pat year and a half part time... they didn't carry any Cleveland or cobra product. I was there about 2 weeks ago getting grips and I still didnt see any Cleveland product other than wedges

Yes it should!! Im usually not big on all blacked out putters, but something with this is different. maybe cuz it feels and rolls so well I want it so bad!!

Question for @Jman: With the design intended to push weight forward, is the mallet shaping otherwise just for aesthetics? I like the look of the Cero, but I'm having some trouble wrapping my head around the idea of a mallet shape but the weight is pushed as far forward as this putter is.

golfunfiltered;n8899913 said:
(Rumor has it you may want to pay close attention to our GU twitter feed tomorrow)

Pro tip!

I want to spend some time with this tech. My miss is a push right from hitting out on the toe and if the tech does what it says it does this could help me. I miss way, way too many 5 foot and under putts just to the right. Will be looking for it in stores when it's released.

Paladin;n8899911 said:
Question for @Jman: With the design intended to push weight forward, is the mallet shaping otherwise just for aesthetics? I like the look of the Cero, but I'm having some trouble wrapping my head around the idea of a mallet shape but the weight is pushed as far forward as this putter is.

Nah, it’s not just for looks. There’s still mass taken to the back and perimeter with the wings/back of the putter which will still
increase the MOI, for Cleveland the goal was to increase that MOI without sacrificing the CG going low and back too. I would think of it more as a blend, not all the weight it forward, nor is it all back.

Back