Cleveland Frontline Putters

Haven't played any golf since ordering, but the Frontline Elevado has come in since then. Love the look of this thing at address and my putting with it inside has me excited to get this one on the course.

Also love the Lamkin Sink Fit grip. Been eyeballing one of these for a while. Prefer the red accents on the Cleveland version to the blue in the standard offering. Sits really naturally in my hands.

Haven't played any golf since ordering, but the Frontline Elevado has come in since then. Love the look of this thing at address and my putting with it inside has me excited to get this one on the course.

Also love the Lamkin Sink Fit grip. Been eyeballing one of these for a while. Prefer the red accents on the Cleveland version to the blue in the standard offering. Sits really naturally in my hands.
#Out7sThe7

I'll scream it from the mountaintops.

you can, but you don't have to. But if you do, I'll go for a hike with ya.

I tried the Frontline Elevado single bend today at a PGA SS near me. I just yesterday had a pro putting lesson and it changed my position and fitment. I liked the Elevado but they only had 34's and 35's on display. I tried a 34 but actually need a 33. It had a good solid feel at ball contact, the ball rolled nicely and my distance control was very good with it. I'll keep an eye out for a 33" and retry it.

Is it true there are no headcovers for these? That would be a shame. I like to keep my putters nice looking.

I tried the Frontline Elevado single bend today at a PGA SS near me. I just yesterday had a pro putting lesson and it changed my position and fitment. I liked the Elevado but they only had 34's and 35's on display. I tried a 34 but actually need a 33. It had a good solid feel at ball contact, the ball rolled nicely and my distance control was very good with it. I'll keep an eye out for a 33" and retry it.

Is it true there are no headcovers for these? That would be a shame. I like to keep my putters nice looking.
Not true at all.

It’s not a good looking cover, but they have covers. Not sure where you heard that?

Not true at all.

It’s not a good looking cover, but they have covers. Not sure where you heard that?

Looked at the review and didn't see it mentioned, went to the Cleveland Frontline product page and didn't see any mention of a headcover with it there either. Then in this thread back on the previous page, there was some discussion about bag chatter on the putter and no headcover... my bad for misinterpreting. and thanks for clearing it up.

Was the headcover mentioned in the review and I missed it? Is it on Cleveland's Elevado product page and I missed it there too?

Looked at the review and didn't see it mentioned, went to the Cleveland Frontline product page and didn't see any mention of a headcover with it there either. Then in this thread back on the previous page, there was some discussion about bag chatter on the putter and no headcover... my bad for misinterpreting. and thanks for clearing it up.

Was the headcover mentioned in the review and I missed it? Is it on Cleveland's Elevado product page and I missed it there too?
Most product pages on company sites don’t mention the headcovers, as for my review I just didn’t mention it because it’s pretty much just a headcover, nothing special but does the job. Plus, pictures of it didn’t turn out well enough for me to want to out it up.

The mention of chatter in here was just someone question about how it would hold up, but we all know that’s just no way to treat a putter ;)

Most product pages on company sites don’t mention the headcovers, as for my review I just didn’t mention it because it’s pretty much just a headcover, nothing special but does the job. Plus, pictures of it didn’t turn out well enough for me to want to out it up.

The mention of chatter in here was just someone question about how it would hold up, but we all know that’s just no way to treat a putter ;)

Some show pictures of it though. I couldn't find anything on it for this putter, so I was starting to assume it didn't come with one and then I saw the page 5 bag chatter question and it all added up to "no headcover". Hahaha...!!! See how that worked?

Cut one down, put your favorite grip on it, and get going!

Cut one down, put your favorite grip on it, and get going!

That occurred to me but then I looked it up and the factory does make them in 33". The PGA SS didn't have any. I have a mentally hard time buying a new $200.00 putter, plus 10% tax and then stripping off the brand new grip, hacksawing an inch off of the shaft and then putting potentially another $30.00 grip on it. ;) Just doesn't seem right.... but hey! that's me. In the meantime at the PGA SS, I found an Odyssey White Hot V-Line Pro in 33" with one dash, face balanced, with the jumbo Winn grip for $110.00 that worked extremely well for me. So that one came home with me and saved me some $'s.

If they get a 33" Frontline Elevado single bend in, I'll give it a try for sure. (y)

That occurred to me but then I looked it up and the factory does make them in 33". The PGA SS didn't have any. I have a mentally hard time buying a new $200.00 putter, plus 10% tax and then stripping off the brand new grip, hacksawing an inch off of the shaft and then putting potentially another $30.00 grip on it. ;) Just doesn't seem right.... but hey! that's me. In the meantime at the PGA SS, I found an Odyssey White Hot V-Line Pro in 33" with one dash, face balanced, with the jumbo Winn grip for $110.00 that worked extremely well for me. So that one came home with me and saved me some $'s.

If they get a 33" Frontline Elevado single bend in, I'll give it a try for sure. (y)
I bet if you talked to the guys at the store, they'd probably do the work for you. ...and that includes pulling the grip off and saving it, just to re-use when it gets cut down.

My local shop would do that for me for sure.

I bet if you talked to the guys at the store, they'd probably do the work for you. ...and that includes pulling the grip off and saving it, just to re-use when it gets cut down.

Bingo. Those stores, well most of them, want to do what it takes to make a sale, and if it means something like that I have seen them throw that in for free in the past. Not always, but, never hurts to ask.

27 putts.

On line all freaking day (line wasn't always right, lol) and pace comes so easily.

I'm not a topline alignment guy usually because of eye dominance, but the 2135 height here makes it work.

I really want to give one of these a roll. That is my preferred mallet shape, and all of the reviews I've seen thus far have been fantastic. Can't find any around in my local shops to give a try yet though. I might just have to bite the bullet and order it without seeing it.

I really want to give one of these a roll. That is my preferred mallet shape, and all of the reviews I've seen thus far have been fantastic. Can't find any around in my local shops to give a try yet though. I might just have to bite the bullet and order it without seeing it.
You wouldn't regret it. I have total confidence in saying that.

I have almost no doubt that PGA Superstore would do it, provided the grip can be saved. They have done it for me with a different putter.

The more that would give the Frontline Elevado a try, the more would/will be shocked at how freaking good it is against other winged/fanged mallets.

@Jman, you got me. I had some credit and went in and picked up an Elevado, slant neck, 34 inches. I took it out yesterday for 9, not even having time to take a few strokes on the practice green. 16 putts for 9 holes, with 3 one putts and 1 three putt. I made a very nice 15 foot putt for birdie on hole number 9. Once I got my stance figured out with it, I loved everything about the putter. I really like the grip, too. It putts a great role on the ball, for sure. I rolled it a little further past the hole than I am used to, not sure if it was just an odd day or if it is something about the type of roll this putts on the ball. The putter has a very pleasing feel/sound, as well.

I may well have this putter in the bag for the Small Batch even in Cali in a couple weeks.

@Jman, you got me. I had some credit and went in and picked up an Elevado, slant neck, 34 inches. I took it out yesterday for 9, not even having time to take a few strokes on the practice green. 16 putts for 9 holes, with 3 one putts and 1 three putt. I made a very nice 15 foot putt for birdie on hole number 9. Once I got my stance figured out with it, I loved everything about the putter. I really like the grip, too. It putts a great role on the ball, for sure. I rolled it a little further past the hole than I am used to, not sure if it was just an odd day or if it is something about the type of roll this putts on the ball. The putter has a very pleasing feel/sound, as well.

I may well have this putter in the bag for the Small Batch even in Cali in a couple weeks.
If you do, then there will be two in attendance. Mine is safe and sound in the bag.

The Elevado continues to impress. I had 32 putts today, hitting 12 greens. No 3 putts and two 2 putts that by all right should have been 3 putts. I am seeing some exceptional distance control. It’s hard to admit that this putter is working as well as a couple others that I own that cost multiples of this one.

James, compared to the last Elevado model has the feel changed much? I was a huge fan of the last one but it was lacking in the feel department to me.

It's disappointing that our golf store doesn't have these in yet to check out. I gamed the last two 2135 releases and really liked the first release, the last one was a little more of a miss except for the Elevado shape.

James, compared to the last Elevado model has the feel changed much? I was a huge fan of the last one but it was lacking in the feel department to me.

It's disappointing that our golf store doesn't have these in yet to check out. I gamed the last two 2135 releases and really liked the first release, the last one was a little more of a miss except for the Elevado shape.
I tried to talk about that in the review, definitely better here, and I think they have finally found their groove insert wise with this particular blend and design. I have a LOT of milled putters, a lot of VERY expensive milled putters, and this is in that feel range for me. Its just the right mix of dense without hiding feedback. I dig it a lot.

Back