Review Cleveland Golf CBX Full Face Wedges

I was already planning to go CBX2 this year and am glad I've waited to buy. I'll have this one in 58° or 60° and maybe even for my 54°.

Thanks for the review, loved it!

I was already planning to go CBX2 this year and am glad I've waited to buy. I'll have this one in 58° or 60° and maybe even for my 54°.

Thanks for the review, loved it!
No 54 available ;)

The CBX line looks better and better with each generation. Seems to appeal to a lot of golfers. I have the original 58* and it’s pretty good but these look like they may be a little easier on the eye to me for some reason.

Was already going to grab a CBX2 in the 50/54. Looks like I’ll be adding this in the 58. Thx Jman!

The CBX line looks better and better with each generation. Seems to appeal to a lot of golfers. I have the original 58* and it’s pretty good but these look like they may be a little easier on the eye to me for some reason.
At setup, the CBX2 and CBX FF are pretty "traditional" looking profile/topline/offset wise. They'd fool a LOT of people.

These CBX get better with each incoming version. The full face in a 60* with high toe seems to be music to ears allowing forgiveness and versatility with the grind. Great write up and interested to see the market penetration with so many great wedges out!

These CBX get better with each incoming version. The full face in a 60* with high toe seems to be music to ears allowing forgiveness and versatility with the grind. Great write up and interested to see the market penetration with so many great wedges out!
Thank you! Will definitely be interesting to see how theyre accepted.

Thank you! Will definitely be interesting to see how theyre accepted.

While I do not play the CBX. I love that wedge as a fitter and it is one that I recommend all the time.

Boom! I really hope everyone takes the time to read the details on these before just commenting they look like other high toe wedges.

These are a hoot, and easily the leaders to stay in my bag at that 60 spot this season.
I love how excited you are for these.

CB2 is a wedge that needs some engagement. Golfers will be shocked when they try them. While I have never been a full face mill guy, I totally get and like the logic around it.

I love my CBX2 in the 54* slot. It gaps perfectly from the Ping G410 U (gap) wedge. and is my 80-90 yrd full swing. I impulsed bought the 58 RTX-4 b/c I'm such a Cleveland fan. My time with the Vokey SM7 has shown me that I need more bounce than that MID provides. And the CBX2 shows me how that forgiveness is rewarding. Looks like this new Full Face CBX could be finding a spot in my bag. hard choice...58 or 60????

The gun metal is on spot & with the forgiveness factor I may have to add these to my birthday list of clubs!

Awesome write-up @Jman. It is cool to see what you have bene excited about and for good reason! Cleveland shaping, full face, cavity back, and V-sole all combined into one club. Absolutely YES PLEASE. I will be seeking these out for sure, and I have never played a CB wedge. Thinking the 58 or 60 could find its way into "an extended demo" position in my bag!

Might be the best looking full face wedge yet IMO.

@Jman awesome review my friend! I absolutely love my CBX2 wedges so i will have to be trying one of these out.

I love everything I see about this wedge, full face grooves, Cleveland tech, the darker finish/appearance. And the option for a high loft, I have a feeling at least one might find it's way in my bag in 2020

Awesome write-up @Jman. It is cool to see what you have bene excited about and for good reason! Cleveland shaping, full face, cavity back, and V-sole all combined into one club. Absolutely YES PLEASE. I will be seeking these out for sure, and I have never played a CB wedge. Thinking the 58 or 60 could find its way into "an extended demo" position in my bag!

Might be the best looking full face wedge yet IMO.
FWIW, as mentioned in there, its a C-Grind on here, no V-Grind present for what they're trying to do versatility wise. Thank you for the kind words! (y)

I love everything I see about this wedge, full face grooves, Cleveland tech, the darker finish/appearance. And the option for a high loft, I have a feeling at least one might find it's way in my bag in 2020
I've said it about 100 times and will one more, they're insane fun.

I love my CBX2 in the 54* slot. It gaps perfectly from the Ping G410 U (gap) wedge. and is my 80-90 yrd full swing. I impulsed bought the 58 RTX-4 b/c I'm such a Cleveland fan. My time with the Vokey SM7 has shown me that I need more bounce than that MID provides. And the CBX2 shows me how that forgiveness is rewarding. Looks like this new Full Face CBX could be finding a spot in my bag. hard choice...58 or 60????
Not sure you could go wrong! ;)

@Jman 60* coming in bound
Some are putter hoe's, I'm a Wedge Hoe for sure.

I absolutely cannot wait to hear your thoughts!
Honestly feel like I have pretty good touch around the greens however I have always struggled with the PM Wedge and I see this club as the perfect alternative to it.
Gives me some "Hi-Toe" with some forgiveness at the sole and behind the face.

Kind of difficult to generate "want" for a club in lefty when there's no club for lefty to show sales increasing... and contacting Cleveland on social media would be just me whining.

Ah well. Even though I like the looks of these I'll take a look at the smart soles... they're probably better for me anyway.

Cleveland Golf is really knocking it out of the park lately! They are really pushing the envelope as the most forgiving and user friendly OEM! @Jman with another great review! Dude is like a walking Club Champion!

Great write up, and I love that new finish on there...however, I pretty much detest high toe wedges with a passion. Not for me, but I do like what Cleveland has done here for that space.

No 54 available ;)

Ahh, yep, stated a couple of times in the review. Sorry about that, I skimmed it the first go around. Fully read this time.....

Back