Review Cleveland Golf CBX Full Face Wedges

I like seeing more options with the full face milling really, and interesting that they only offer in the higher lofts but it does make sense

Ahh, yep, stated a couple of times in the review. Sorry about that, I skimmed it the first go around. Fully read this time.....
No worries dude!

I like seeing more options with the full face milling really, and interesting that they only offer in the higher lofts but it does make sense
Other hi toe full face releases are the same.

That comes back that they’re basically all based around the Eye 2 LW

Great review... full ponder engaged

These look really good, I’ve had the TM Hi-Toe wedges for a bit and these remind me what I like about the 60 - the full face grind. I really didn’t understand why it was only available in the 60. There’s so much more confidence and versatility with your shot making to have them.

Having that in all degrees is huge; will def check these out!

These look cool and it is a great concept. i can’t justify buying new ones quite yet, but I will look at these when I need wedges down the line.

Love the CBX2 54* and this sounds like a better version.... can't wait to find out! Great write up James, as usual!

Sadly, for lefties, demand is not as big as it is on the internet. Sucks for you all to miss out sometimes, but Cleveland has more than shown their willingness to make LH should the demand arise.

This morning it looked like they were going to offer them in left handed. Something funky is going on with the web page right now so I can’t verify.

This morning it looked like they were going to offer them in left handed. Something funky is going on with the web page right now so I can’t verify.
That would be awesome. The info I had didn’t have that, but it would be really killer to see, and maybe something changed as I’ve had the info I used for a loooooong time now, plenty window to shift!

Well....these are awesome. Love full-face milling and high toe and seeing this in the CBX line is really cool. I still have never tried any of the CBX releases but that may have to change with this one.

I know I read this this morning, guess I didn't post my reply.
Great writeup. That 60 looks like a Phil flop for days.

FWIW, as mentioned in there, its a C-Grind on here, no V-Grind present for what they're trying to do versatility wise. Thank you for the kind words! (y)

Thanks for highlighting this. I like the versatility of the C-grind relief from heel to toe, it looks good for playing around with the face. I see the distinctive V profile in the front edge to back edge bounce, and while not a requirement for me the RTX-4's have been some of my favorites. The whole sole and wedge in general looks really good.

Kind of difficult to generate "want" for a club in lefty when there's no club for lefty to show sales increasing... and contacting Cleveland on social media would be just me whining.

Ah well. Even though I like the looks of these I'll take a look at the smart soles... they're probably better for me anyway.

There are definitely times when I'm thankful my dad taught me to play right-handed;). Not that I had any choice, since RH was all we had.

Great review James! I love my CBX wedges and was planning to update to the CBX2's at some point, but I definitely want to try this 60* out. The CBX 60* is the one I struggle with the most. Would you say the CBX2 60* is more forgiving but less versatile than the FF?

Thanks for highlighting this. I like the versatility of the C-grind relief from heel to toe, it looks good for playing around with the face. I see the distinctive V profile in the front edge to back edge bounce, and while not a requirement for me the RTX-4's have been some of my favorites. The whole sole and wedge in general looks really good.
Fwiw, there’s truly no vsole there.

Great review James! I love my CBX wedges and was planning to update to the CBX2's at some point, but I definitely want to try this 60* out. The CBX 60* is the one I struggle with the most. Would you say the CBX2 60* is more forgiving but less versatile than the FF?
That’s a fair summation of what I saw. But the forgiveness isn’t THAT much more to be honest.

Little evening nudge!

Little evening nudge!
I really like the looks of these but I really love the v soles just gives me so much confidence I’m never been a wedge guy I don’t play the high game I play low I can flop or pitch if need to but I need to expand my game and this seems to be the answer as long as easy to use and go low like. Bump and run I’ll just have to buy one and find out the cavity way they are made even though not a v sole sure looks like still be easy to play thanks everyone so far with feed back

FYI,

The Cleveland golf web page shows they are available in RH and LH in 56* and 60* (I have actually seen and handled them).

fbdc34bd31252db058c274a6f1bac10d.jpg
0a7f663515f7df891ad2bbf9398e9be1.jpg

I definitely need to take a look at these. I absolutely love myCBXs!

FYI,

The Cleveland golf web page shows they are available in RH and LH in 56* and 60* (I have actually seen and handled them).

fbdc34bd31252db058c274a6f1bac10d.jpg
0a7f663515f7df891ad2bbf9398e9be1.jpg
Awesome, we will get the article changed. Thank you!

As I said earlier, my info was based on the initial release to us back in November (y)

Awesome, we will get the article changed. Thank you!

As I said earlier, my info was based on the initial release to us back in November (y)
No worries, great write up and I just wanted to make sure my right minded friends did not feel left out.

No worries, great write up and I just wanted to make sure my right minded friends did not feel left out.
Truly do appreciate it! For reals!

@Jman - How well has the gunmetal finish held up?

@Jman - How well has the gunmetal finish held up?
Perfectly so far. I’ve tried to beat the hell out of it from turf and sand and it’s still really clean. I’ll try to snap a pic tomorrow!

Back