Review Cleveland Golf CBX Full Face Wedges

58* CBX 2 or 58* FF which is more forgiving out of green side bunkers?
Looking at changing from a 56* to a 54 & 58 and want the most forgiving for the bunkers. Thanks
Both will be equally effective. Plus, if you go 54 into the 58 you have a SW already in the bag, no?

Both will be equally effective. Plus, if you go 54 into the 58 you have a SW already in the bag, no?
I have used a 8* 56 for several years as my SW and most lofted club.
Now I’m feeling that compromise is hurting my sand game. I have a 50* wedge I like so 54 and 58 would gap well and I could drop a hybrid for 14 clubs. I’m considering a wide sole higher bounce 58 for green side bunkers and a lower bounce 54. Your testing on CBX2 and Full Face intrigue me. I do want a forgiving SW now. I would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks

I saw one of these today at CC. Fitter was really excited about this release. Looks really nice. Can’t wait to get mine

Got a chance to try these. Stupid easy to hit. Like STUPID EASY! It’s cheating I think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a chance to try these. Stupid easy to hit. Like STUPID EASY! It’s cheating I think!

Told you all.
Again.;)

Told you all.
Again.;)

I much prefer the finish on the full face!! If the CBX2 had the same finish option then...

Decisions decisions...... 58 cbx2 or cbx full face.

Decisions decisions...... 58 cbx2 or cbx full face.
Full face all the way in the LW spot.

And as mentioned in the review I’ve got both the CBX2 60 and the FF 60.

I rarely use my lob wedge. Like maybe once every 2-3 months. I have the CBX 50 and 54 and love them so much that I may check out the FF 58*. Seems like it would be easier than opening up my sand wedge when I need extra loft.

Awesome, Thanks!

I might have to try that in a 58. I've not experimented with a high toe style wedge and this intrigues me after reading your review. I've had that shot where I opened my LW and went right under the ball and not got enough of it. I know a wedge like this could help me with that

Any shots of the FF when opened up? I want to see how much relief there is, how high the leading edge sits when opened up.

Any shots of the FF when opened up? I want to see how much relief there is, how high the leading edge sits when opened up.
Same. I'm waffling between 56 and 58. It will be my highest lofted wedge in the bag. I like the 100-105yds I get out of my current 56 so if I could open the FF wide open for bunkers and flops that would be optimal. Other wise I'm looking at a 30yd gap between G and Lob.

Another great review. I am intrigued.

Another great review. I am intrigued.
Me too. I like a smaller wedge with a versatile grind but I think it's about time I get a specialized wedge to make some shots easier

Got to try the FF out at Golf Galaxy and I just can’t look down at the shape. Messes with my head. I much prefer the shape of my CBX 2 54 & 58. Would love to get the CBX 2 in this finish though.

A CBX 2 in the Full Face finish with full face grooves might be something I would like but can’t get into the high toe on the FF or the other OEM versions of the High toe/full face.

Got to try the FF out at Golf Galaxy and I just can’t look down at the shape. Messes with my head. I much prefer the shape of my CBX 2 54 & 58. Would love to get the CBX 2 in this finish though.

A CBX 2 in the Full Face finish with full face grooves might be something I would like but can’t get into the high toe on the FF or the other OEM versions of the High toe/full face.
I doubt we ever see an OEM go full face on a non Hi-Toe wedge sadly. But, I too would be all about that.

I will say, a company that rhymes with Mallaway did toy with it for a while.

Is the Hi Toe a design consideration then? I recognize that if you fully open it up for a flip shot the grooves on the toe may be involved in impact but what else does the high toe actually do for the head?

Is the Hi Toe a design consideration then? I recognize that if you fully open it up for a flip shot the grooves on the toe may be involved in impact but what else does the high toe actually do for the head?
Its a mass placement and movement thing. It allows for more to be shifted in the head design and most often aims to increase/move the CoG to make the wedge more effective on partial shots where most golfers actually make contact more towards the toe.

I’m familiar with contact out on the toe due to my over the top swing.

Wish I could get over the hi toe but when I look down at address it just does not look right.

Wish I could get over the hi toe but when I look down at address it just does not look right.
And that is a-ok, options are good!

Many people feel that way at first and eventually get used to them and then love them, but it's not easy to risk the money especially if you doubt how open-minded you can be to it.

Many people feel that way at first and eventually get used to them and then love them, but it's not easy to risk the money especially if you doubt how open-minded you can be to it.

True. I remember when the Odyssey 2-Ball first came out and I couldn’t stand the look. Picked up a used one to sell and figured I would try it out and it just worked. Played it for several years and grew to love it.

Never say never. I imagine I’ll pick one up sometime this season once used ones start hitting the market but the CBX2 appear to do everything I want in a wedge currently.

Today was a good day. I regripped them ( lamkin jumbo grips with extra wraps). I added lead tape to bring the swing weight back up to D4. If that ends up being where I need to be I will tip weight them so I can pull the tape. I hope to get them out tomorrow for for some work.
a819fe2a1982f8834a55e7ee70e08bee.jpg
0533e79ca2fb71c3ff16abfa63cd9372.jpg
f783a9b4dbeef3b1d48bcb38a83cfe8d.jpg

Back