Cleveland Golf Huntington Beach SOFT and SOFT Premier Putters

With my outdoor season prtty much finished, I figure it would be a good time to do a recap on the Huntington Beach Soft Premier 11S that I rolled for the majority of the season.

At the outset, I tried everything in my power to not use this putter. I had my heart set on the same shape but different neck. Bought one of the Milled #11, and started the year. It went badly. Missing short putts everywhere, makeable putts seemed like I would miss more than make.

Finally got fed up and determined that the 11S was far more consistent, more reliable, and confidence inspiring. From that day on it was 11S. Put a shaft extension in, of course after I had shortened it by almost 3 inches when I had bought it. Got it back to about 34.5" got more upright in my putting, and started rolling putts more successfully.

The biggest takeaway is probably from the face milling. My misshits aren't nearly as noticeable, the roll has very minimal drop off on poorly struck balls.

Since finding a better setup with the 11S after lengthening it, i really believe I am in the best position I can get myself into when putting. More upright, less hunched, it actually gets me into a better position keeping the toe down more. Raise the hands slightly, and make a smooth stroke. I find the middle of the face far more, roll better putts, and made more putts.

Finish wise, I have always loved the blacked/greyed out look of the putter. Face/sole wear from sand on the greens? None. Not a mark on it. Dark grey head + black putter shaft? Love it .

20201217_194731.jpg
On course, I find my misses are more likely to be tap-ins than longer knee-knockers. This is huge confidence wise. 3-5 footers, lets go, we can make these all day. "But you should be able to make those no problem". That is right, I should be able to..... but I wasnt. Used to miss those probably half the time. Now I might make 8/10.

So what am I trying to say in all this? This putter comes out of my bag soon to try something else out, and I am really going to miss it. It won't be too far away though. Definitely holding onto it!

Price drop on these putters $129.99

Anybody still gaming one of these?

A friend of mine still loves his. I’ll roll it when we link up to play and still enjoy the feel a good bit. It looks good on the greens.

I'm still gaming the one I was lucky enough to get from Cleveland and THP a few years back. I only replaced the grip; everything else works for me.

Last edited:
I'm still gaming the one I was lucky enough to get from Cleveland and THP a few years back. I only replaced the grip; everything else works for me.

I got my 10.5 the same way. It’s currently in my Sunday bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back