Cleveland Golf Huntington Beach SOFT and SOFT Premier Putters

I've got way too much Cleveland putter pondering going on lately.

In the Premier line I think that the 10c would be my pick. Fits my eye and it solves the slant or not question. Plus I do well with a center shaft.

Frontline it would be the Elevado (slant?) since I have it on good authority that it out 7's the 7.

From the "Soft" line it's the 6 hands down. The compact mallet with a sight dot is just perfect.
Unfortunately, Mrs Duffer found my "rotation" stash and was curious why I need so many putters. :oops: Looks like I will have to live vicariously through you guys.

Are you new to this married thing?

"Two of them are ____'s, he let me borrow them because I was thinking about replacing this one ( :: pointing at any fu***** putter, literally doesn't matter which one:: )"

"Two of them are ____'s, he let me borrow them because I was thinking about replacing this one ( :: pointing at any fu***** putter, literally doesn't matter which one:: )"
What I do is leave them ALL in the same area so she won’t notice when I add one more. Speaking of which.... it might be time to add one more. Did I mention I like the #11?

For most guys that would work. Unfortunately, she happened to come in when I still had 10 or 12 out. :banghead:
What I do is leave them ALL in the same area so she won’t notice when I add one more. Speaking of which.... it might be time to add one more. Did I mention I like the #11?
While I agree that if I had all of my putters in one location, an extra handful or two wouldn't be noticable. It's the first 100 that might be a tad bit hard to justify. ;)

@Molten what paintfill will you go with on your #11?

For most guys that would work. Unfortunately, she happened to come in when I still had 10 or 12 out. :banghead:

While I agree that if I had all of my putters in one location, an extra handful or two wouldn't be noticable. It's the first 100 that might be a tad bit hard to justify. ;)

@Molten what paintfill will you go with on your #11?
Well, I’m a fan of orange and blue but I’m not sure it translates to the all black design.

Hey all, I was just selected as a tester for the Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier putter, so will be posting in this thread quite a bit when the new stick gets here. I'm planning on getting the 10.5, and will be testing it side-by-side with my HB SOFT #11, and my Odyssey EXO Seven Mini S. This should be fun, I love the Cleveland #11/ Odyssey #7 shape, but the new 10.5 shape really looks like an interesting alternative.

The Seven Mini is a recent purchase, thought I'd give an insert putter a go again, but I am already absolutely sold on Cleveland's SOFT milled face. I think I get much better distance control with it over the Odyssey insert, and the sound/feel is more to my liking with the HB SOFT. The Odyssey is still pretty new though, and I'm giving it every chance to earn the spot in my bag.

My playing partners are just going to have to get used to me carrying three putters for a while once this new one shows up, and I'll hopefully get some feedback from them too. :drinks:

Forgive me for asking what might be a basic question, but new shapes aside is the only difference between this and the first SOFT series the finish?

Alright, I'll be honest. I just want to know the difference so that I can determine if I have to buy another putter or not :p

Forgive me for asking what might be a basic question, but new shapes aside is the only difference between this and the first SOFT series the finish?

Alright, I'll be honest. I just want to know the difference so that I can determine if I have to buy another putter or not :p
Finish and grip.

I can't wait to get my hands on one of these to test out!!

When I first read the press releases, I thought the putter was much darker than actual. Unless you were looking for a black putter, I think these look better in person than the original pictures showed. Very nice.

Got notice that my custom #4 was shipped. But when I click the tracking number it shows a package sent 9/1 and delivered 9/8 to Alabama (I live in Texas). I called Cleveland, who then called FedEx and said FedEx wasn't that helpful. They then said it looks like the tracking number was assigned in error, and they're working on figuring out what the situation is.

Update: Apparently, the package was shipped yesterday, but Cleveland’s system populated the incorrect tracking number. They said it should arrive Monday and they’re working with IT to determine why there was the error.

Last edited:
I’m on the brink of just buying one and jumping in here with you all (y)

I’m on the brink of just buying one and jumping in here with you all (y)
So, slant neck or single bend and when is it scheduled to arrive? ;)

So, slant neck or single bend and when is it scheduled to arrive? ;)
Hahaha, would be 10.5c, not ordered, maybe eventually.

Fun fact? Cleveland is backordered on these until 10/1, WAY past expected sales.

When I first read the press releases, I thought the putter was much darker than actual. Unless you were looking for a black putter, I think these look better in person than the original pictures showed. Very nice.
I SWEAR they updated the photos on the website in the last few days for the Premier. It looks much lighter now?
I don't see a better putter buy on the market right now than these. Its no wonder they are selling quick. (y)

I SWEAR they updated the photos on the website in the last few days for the Premier. It looks much lighter now?
I don't see a better putter buy on the market right now than these. Its no wonder they are selling quick. (y)
Sold through already vastly exceeding expectations

Sold through already vastly exceeding expectations
I know. I wish I had pulled the trigger on the model I had my eye on right away.
Off-season acquisition, perhaps. :unsure:(y)

Can anyone comment on 304ss versus 303ss? 304 is supposedly more corrosion resistant and millable. Wondering feel-wise.
Looked for these at the Golf Galaxy today. Alas, none. :eek:

Yeah, it is actually a grey finished head. It is quite nice.

Of course, I'd prefer black. :cool:
#toomuchgreyoutthere

Hahaha, would be 10.5c, not ordered, maybe eventually.

Fun fact? Cleveland is backordered on these until 10/1, WAY past expected sales.
Glad to hear that sales have exceeded expectations. Though with the value to cost ratio it's not surprising.

Glad to hear that sales have exceeded expectations. Though with the value to cost ratio it's not surprising.
I agree it shouldn’t be surprising, but at the same time previous releases from them were in the same value realm and didn’t exceed like this. It’s nice to see, and clearly it’s great for Cleveland.

I tried to get a 1 or a #4 in lefty but they were out of stock at Budget Golf. Maybe I'll finagle something later.:unsure:

Back