Cleveland Golf Huntington Beach SOFT and SOFT Premier Putters

Nobody anticipated what golf sales would be like the last 3 months. Inventory is low for every single brand.

I understand. While frustrated, I tried to remain patient and polite throughout my conversations. I just spoke w/ a 2nd Swing rep who did his very best to sell me every other putter under the sun. The cliff notes of it all is that I am not going to see this putter any time soon. I am going to keep my order placed and hope that one of these days I am going to have a package show up and surprise me.

It will be like an early Christmas -- I'm just not sure if it's going to be Christmas 2020 or Christmas 2021 yet.

Well I just emailed Cleveland and asked if they would make a left handed #14 Soft per order, I don't see why it would be a big deal the putter heads are the same. It seems they only make the #1 and #11 for lefties. I know it's a longshot but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Well I just emailed Cleveland and asked if they would make a left handed #14 Soft per order, I don't see why it would be a big deal the putter heads are the same. It seems they only make the #1 and #11 for lefties. I know it's a longshot but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Were you asking them to make you one from scratch? I don’t understand

Were you asking them to make you one from scratch? I don’t understand

I can't find any Soft putters for lefties except the #1 and #11, I have seen this before with other brands. They have very limited models for lefties. So, I'm guessing they'd have to modify a jig or have a tech hand weld or whatever a shaft to the left side of a #14 putter head.

So I got the #10.5 out to the course for a good workout today, played 18 with it, completely cold, no practice with it at all before I hit the fist tee. As I've mentioned before, I have an HB SOFT #11, so I felt it wouldn't be all that hard to get used to this one. I was comfortable withe the milled SOFT face right away, sound and feel off the face are just like my #11, and I was dialing in for distance in just the first couple of holes. The only issue I had all day was a bit of alignment, and I think this was primarily due to the #10.5 shape. I've been using the #11, and recently an Odyssey Seven Mini, and that shape is just so easy for me to line up, the 10.5 is just not as automatic for me yet, but I'm confident I'll get there with just a bit more use. I like the dark gray finish, black shaft, and black grip combo a lot, such a great look. The only real negative for me is the black site line on the dark gray finish, I get it, it keeps with the aesthetic theme of the Premier series, but it just seems that something that stood out a bit more would be helpful. On the other side of the coin, the Lamkin SINKFIT grip is incredible!

I felt I played pretty well with this putter for the first time out, better than the first couple of rounds with my Odyssyey EXO Seven Mini S.

After my round today, I took these three putters to the practice green for a bit of side-by-side comparison. Here they are, Cleveland HB SOFT Premier #10.5, Cleveland HB SOFT #11, and Qdyssey EXO Stroke Lab Seven Mini S:

Putters_01.jpgPutters_02.jpgPutters_03.jpg

I hit putts from all ranges, uphill, downhill, straight, and some big breakers.

Alignment for my eye, and from what I am so used to, goes to the #11 and the 7. I am just so used to that shape that alignment is pretty automatic. As I've mentioned before, the black site line on the #10.5 doesn't provide enough contrast for my eye, although I think I'll get used to it.

Sound and feel go to the Cleveland putters. I guess I'm just partial to milled faces over inserts. The #10,5 and #11 really give me a more natural feel, and center impact gives a pleasingly solid "toc" sound, getting slightly higher in pitch on off-center hits.

Consistency goes to the Clevelands too. Again, I think the milled face gets a lot of credit here, as my distance control is way better with these over the Odyssey.

Looks is a tough call, but I have to admit I gotta give the Edge to the Odyssey here. The Black and Red head, with white site lines, and the Stroke Lab shaft, are just a great looking package. The new HB SOFT Premier comes in a very close second though, and it isn't that far ahead of the HB SOFT #11.

The only other thing of note, and I'll probably be stating this one again and again, is that the Lamkin SINKFIT grip on the Premier putters is fantastic. This one is the Pistol, not the Skinny Pistol, and might just be my favorite putter grip ever!

I think I like the Soft's lighter finish color? Looks good. (I know I like that neck!) A product I would love to put through Cleveland's custom order process for sure. Make the sight lines a little more visible if you wanted.

So, I posted in the wrong thread.....I'm new.

First impression, love the way it looks when I'm over the ball. The grip is great. I like a pistol grip for my putter and this Lamkin is perfect for my hands. The weight is spot on. I like a heavier putter. I have a Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide in the bag now and this comes off the face way different, to me. I have only used Odyssey putters. This is my first milled face one. There is a bit of difference. Not use to it popping off face like it does with this #11. I have rolled about 25 or so putts inside. I have a Puttout, really like it. I am planning on hitting the course up the road tomorrow and/or Friday to hit some on their practice green. I'm taking both to the course as well. Ill be rolling more off and on all day tomorrow and Friday. Aw hell, probably all weekend as well. So, ill give more info probably every night if not every other.

Couldn't help myself. #8 inbound as I want to tinker with blades again this offseason, so I'll definitely drop some thoughts in here. I have a Frontline Elevado that's been in and out of the bag since I got it, so thinking the adjustment period should be minimal. Of course it won't get here until after my round tomorrow but stoked to give this a try as I think CG is probably one of the more underrated putter manufacturers out there.

@Dude_Abiding I ordered from PGA Super Store yesterday and they're delivering tomorrow. Just food for thought if you don't want to wait.

Rumor has it there is a box with Cleveland Golf on it at my house. :oops: Pics to come later

First round with the 10.5 today. So far I really like it. 36 putts and that included 3 3 putts. Rough day, but I did have some good shots. I’ll be playing 9 tomorrow.

c4213c5d4b0287e4eb25a1fbb06e7b0a.jpg

4bbe530a77332a90b4c0bb6210e563c1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Couldn't help myself. #8 inbound as I want to tinker with blades again this offseason, so I'll definitely drop some thoughts in here. I have a Frontline Elevado that's been in and out of the bag since I got it, so thinking the adjustment period should be minimal. Of course it won't get here until after my round tomorrow but stoked to give this a try as I think CG is probably one of the more underrated putter manufacturers out there.

@Dude_Abiding I ordered from PGA Super Store yesterday and they're delivering tomorrow. Just food for thought if you don't want to wait.

Appreciate the heads-up -- they don't have the 33"I need. I'm short, man :(

First round with the 10.5 today. So far I really like it. 36 putts and that included 3 3 putts. Rough day, but I did have some good shots. I’ll be playing 9 tomorrow.

How did you feel about the alignment aid being the same color?

How did you feel about the alignment aid being the same color?

It is actually dark enough to see clearly. I thought it might be an issue because it doesn’t extend all the way to the face, but it’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let’s talk premier #11, shall we? I finally opened the box (it was torture but other THP duties came first!) and I immediately ignored my family for 20 minutes to roll it. I’ve never rolled a Cleveland mallet and I’ll admit now that I may have been missing out. Contact feels robust in the sweet spot and even when you deviate a little bit. The shortened fangs make me feel like it’s more of a blade than a mallet, which suits my eye well. In full lightning, I really like the subtle alignment aid, but I have my concerns in low light. The feel is heavy but not to an extreme, which I like. My biggest complaint so far? The headcover. It isn’t all that nice and it’s a strange size so it will be tough to find a replacement.

PS - whatever you guys do, don’t tell @ddec and @Jman that I really like the shape. They talked me into it and I will NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT!

Last edited:
Called it

Hahaha, would be 10.5c, not ordered, maybe eventually.

Fun fact? Cleveland is backordered on these until 10/1, WAY past expected sales.

glad i got in early with the SOFT 11 and Elevado :)

It's official this is the best looking in the line... Well that 11 with fangs is nice too...

For those that day alignment is dark, is it painted dark or just a hollowed out in design.

I used a non painted in silver and obviously there is contrast there, here seems a bit less. I would be very tempted to paint fill.

It's official this is the best looking in the line... Well that 11 with fangs is nice too...

For those that day alignment is dark, is it painted dark or just a hollowed out in design.

I used a non painted in silver and obviously there is contrast there, here seems a bit less. I would be very tempted to paint fill.
It appears to be hollowed out. I've given the fill some thought too. The hollowed portion is clear enough to see but for me I think the bright contrast on my Spider X helps me subconsciously.

Last edited:
It appears to be hollowed out. I've given the fill some thought too. The holiday portion is clear enough to see but for me I think the bright contrast on my Spider X helps me subconsciously.
Definitely grown accustomed to the big white alignments... Thinking white would look classy.

Let’s talk premier #11, shall we? I finally opened the box (it was torture but other THP duties came first!) and I immediately ignored my family for 20 minutes to roll it. I’ve never rolled a Cleveland mallet and I’ll admit now that I may have been missing out. Contact feels robust in the sweet spot and even when you deviate a little bit. The shortened fangs make me feel like it’s more of a blade than a mallet, which suits my eye well. In full lightning, I really like the subtle alignment aid, but I have my concerns in low light. The feel is heavy but not to an extreme, which I like. My biggest complaint so far? The headcover. It isn’t all that nice and it’s a strange size so it will be tough to find a replacement.

PS - whatever you guys do, don’t tell @ddec and @Jman that I really like the shape. They talked me into it and I will NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT!
I know putters. (y)

The alignment is a groove with black paint fill. I'm also considering doing a paint fill of a different color, white being the first thought, but possibly some other high contrast color. I'll probably play around with some ideas with PhotoShop, and post some possibilities when I do.

Back