Cleveland Golf Huntington Beach SOFT and SOFT Premier Putters

The alignment is a groove with black paint fill. I'm also considering doing a paint fill of a different color, white being the first thought, but possibly some other high contrast color. I'll probably play around with some ideas with PhotoShop, and post some possibilities when I do.
That’s a great idea. I don’t mind that it’s completely blank canvas.

Happy to be able to jump in and contribute to this conversation thanks to THP. I guess what would be considered by many to be a value putter at first glance Cleveland Golf says not so fast, it is anything but. I tried a few different shapes at the local shop and while I really wanted it to be the 11, the 10.5 center shaft really setup well for me.

Let’s start with the packaging...The box was well packaged and protected inside, the putter came in a sealed plastic bag exactly like my much more expensive Scotty Cameron did. After removing the headcover, the head was wrapped in plastic AND the sole was also protected by another piece of thin plastic much like you would take off a new cell phone out of the box. All minor details but the attention to the small things for a putter in this price range is impressive.
38614068-2FA7-4E30-A658-4B68FED916A0.jpeg
33BB2AA1-AF7A-4009-B23D-B1576629431A.jpeg

Looks... This is a sexy looking putter. From the oversized Lamkin grip to the black shaft and the single line black alignment aid. It all flows very well and for me I love the choice of going with a black line instead of traditional white. The head is a dark gray which looks perfect with this combination.
577926CA-5CD7-41BB-B622-04CDC5BC090F.jpeg
35827A92-FE25-432C-8643-C30DB85791A4.jpeg
8B39854E-778F-4C8F-A477-7A04B4503E84.jpeg

Little sticker to tell you what kind of stroke this putter works best for
CAE74463-06DE-400C-9380-5BE5231F7A8A.jpeg

The face milling is quite impressive for a putter of this price as well as you can see here.
51A70132-8D9C-4257-AC66-4C876B6F9916.jpeg

Sound/Feel, here is where the soft comes in. Its almost hard to explain how it can be firm but yet somehow soft. It doesn’t have a ting or thwack (yes technical terms haha) like other milled putters but more of a thud. The ball rolls quickly and on line. I will try to get some video of this soon.

Overall, I’m impressed so far. Hope to get on course very soon with it to see how it performs .

Happy to be able to jump in and contribute to this conversation thanks to THP. I guess what would be considered by many to be a value putter at first glance Cleveland Golf says not so fast, it is anything but. I tried a few different shapes at the local shop and while I really wanted it to be the 11, the 10.5 center shaft really setup well for me.

Let’s start with the packaging...The box was well packaged and protected inside, the putter came in a sealed plastic bag exactly like my much more expensive Scotty Cameron did. After removing the headcover, the head was wrapped in plastic AND the sole was also protected by another piece of thin plastic much like you would take off a new cell phone out of the box. All minor details but the attention to the small things for a putter in this price range is impressive.
View attachment 8964268
View attachment 8964269

Looks... This is a sexy looking putter. From the oversized Lamkin grip to the black shaft and the single line black alignment aid. It all flows very well and for me I love the choice of going with a black line instead of traditional white. The head is a dark gray which looks perfect with this combination.
View attachment 8964270
View attachment 8964271
View attachment 8964272

View attachment 8964273

The face milling is quite impressive for a putter of this price as well as you can see here.
View attachment 8964274

Sound/Feel, here is where the soft comes in. Its almost hard to explain how it can be firm but yet somehow soft. It doesn’t have a ting or thwack (yes technical terms haha) like other milled putters but more of a thud. The ball rolls quickly and on line. I will try to get some video of this soon.

Overall, I’m impressed so far. Hope to get on course very soon with it to see how it performs .

Interesting as far as the center shaft. Good luck with it.

Interesting as far as the center shaft. Good luck with it.
I have gamed a couple center shaft putters in the past with some success. I had moved back to standard shapes but this one just set up so well I wanted to give it another shot and I love the shape

Can someone please post a picture of the headcover?

Last edited:
Appreciate you doing that. I can't say I'm the biggest fan. I might throw mine in the my original HB cover.

If anyone has pictures of the cover that comes with the #4, I'd be appreciative if you could also post.
I can get you one before the day is done. Out running errands now but will ASAP.

Appreciate you doing that. I can't say I'm the biggest fan. I might throw mine in the my original HB cover.

If anyone has pictures of the cover that comes with the #4, I'd be appreciative if you could also post.
I actually like the looks and quality of the head cover, except for the velcro closure, which is something I just can't stand. I've already thrown it on the shelf, with my other HB SOFT head cover, and put my Coeur d;Alene cover with magnetic closure on it.

Loving everything but the cover in the photos so far.
More gray. So blah. :cautious: Nice stitching and details though, it appears.
I'm with @OldeDude on preferring magnetic closures. They last and are quick and easy.

I got out for a round with the Huntington Beach Soft Premier 10.5 single bend today. I will (again) mention that I really like the feel of the lambkin grip.

If stats mean anything, the day went well for putting. As a hi-cap golfer, my average is just over 41 putts per round. I finished with 36 today!

Now, I think some of the credit went to my Sand wedge as I also had a better than average day chipping into the green, which probably translated into better putting position.

One example which normally would get into my head was hitting from the rough over a greenside bunker which had a wall! :banghead: I hit it exactly as intended, dropping it just past the pin and then finished with a one putt.

20200919_200752.jpg

I have to say, I'm annoyed; I spent a small fortune on the Spider X and I think I'm liking the HB Soft Premier better! LOL.😂 Good problem to have...

Last edited:
I knew it was a longshot.

Thank you for reaching out to us.
Unfortunately at this time we only make the #1 and #11 in LH and cannot custom make any other models in Lh at this time.
We do apologize for the inconvenience this causes. I have sent your request to our marketing team to let them know that there is a demand for other models in LH.

Best Regards,

I'm with @OldeDude on preferring magnetic closures. They last and are quick and easy.
The other thing I like about magnetic closures is that when I pull my putter out of my bag, I can just hang the cover on one of my irons via the magnet, so it's hanging right there when I put my putter back. :thumb:

The alignment is a groove with black paint fill. I'm also considering doing a paint fill of a different color, white being the first thought, but possibly some other high contrast color. I'll probably play around with some ideas with PhotoShop, and post some possibilities when I do.

I am fine with it the way it is. Yes they could have made the line lighter for more contrast. But it’s not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Round 2 today for 9 holes. I had 13 putts in 9 holes plus I chipped one in from the fringe with the putter.

The 10.5 is definitely working better for me than my Tommy Armour Impact #3. I am not struggling with distance control any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The other thing I like about magnetic closures is that when I pull my putter out of my bag, I can just hang the cover on one of my irons via the magnet, so it's hanging right there when I put my putter back. :thumb:
My mallets both have magnets and love to slap them on the irons, of course!! :cool: Five of my seven overall have magnet covers. (y)

I'm seeing alignment line is dark comments for the premier and I agree on that, but figured presto-chango in their customizer.
If there is an alignment line, I like to utilize it to the fullest and with more contrast, personally. I kinda dig both finishes overall.

These look great and I have been a fan of Cleveland's milled putters for awhile. However, they lost me with zero ability to alter the head weight. I currently game a SC putter, primarily due to feel, and the ability to alter the head weight. I am 5' 6" with a long wing span and I like a heavier swing weight as I cut the length of the putter down to 31". If Cleveland would offer the ability to change the head weight, via customizable weighting options, they would cut into Scotty's market, given their quality and price point.

Costs more to add weights, so the price would go up accordingly. Sadly, 31 inch putters are rare and they have a hard time including everyone.
Kinda like I needed "tall" clothing a lot over the years and had to pay more for it.

View attachment 8964268
View attachment 8964269

View attachment 8964270
View attachment 8964271
View attachment 8964272

View attachment 8964273

View attachment 8964274

Glad to see the 10.5c getting some love. Out of the Premier line this is the one that appeals to me the most.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Back