Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE

CLEVELAND GOLF INTRODUCES NEW TFI SMART SQUARE PUTTER

HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA – April 17, 2015 – Cleveland® Golf , the leader in short game innovation for players of all abilities, is pleased to introduce the new TFI Smart Square® putter. The TFI (True Feel Innovation) Smart Square putter is the most advanced putter that the company has ever created. The tour-inspired design features a milled, copper-infused face cap over a copolymer insert for the ultimate in feel and consistency. The combination of materials allows for immediate feedback from sound and feel when striking the ball, while the putter’s copolymer insert creates soft feel and consistent speed across the club face. The TFI Smart Square putter, which features Smart Square alignment technology, couples a High Density Stabilizing Wing with a Low Density Aluminum Body resulting in increased head MOI for greater stability and minimal distance loss on off-center hits.

Smart Square Alignment Technology

Following intensive research into the most successful putters of all time and what golfers focus on when they align a putt, the new TFI Smart Square putter, along with its highly successful predecessors the Smart Square Blade and Mallet putters, incorporates alignment technology that has proven to be the most advanced – and simplest – that Cleveland Golf has ever created.

The key to the Smart Square technology is Dual Axis Alignment®. Two squares create parallel lines that frame the ball at address and provide a clear visual path to the hole. They also generate two perpendicular lines that easily highlight when the putter is misaligned – even by a fraction of a degree. Cleveland Golf’s testing shows players aligned Smart Square putters 23% more accurately than one of the most popular putters of all time.

The TFI Smart Square putter carries a MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) of $199.99, while the Smart Square Blade and Smart Square Mallet putters each carry a MAP of $139.99. Please visit CG Smart Square Putters for more information.

i-5zsHCBR-L.jpg
i-8jM2FwZ-M.jpg

i-ch5s37P-L.jpg

i-SdHnxvj-M.jpg
i-LPMRPCJ-M.jpg

That actually looks and sounds pretty cool. Is this the thing that has been in the works for 18 months?

Can that thing fire while cloaked? I'm interested to see how it looks against a green background.

I like it, the tech Cleveland is putting in to their putter line is pretty impressive and the looks are solid too.

There's a lot going on here.

I like the new look, the colors are a nice touch and progression from the original.

Want. Now.

I'm a big fan of the smart square - might be going back in my bag tomorrow for a round. I need to try this one out.

I love the idea and tech behind it. And just a question but didn't they used to use the copper behind the polymer? now they switched? I like the idea. But the looks are killing me. Just not a fan of the looks overall. But I am guessing this will be another one that when i see it in person my opinion will change. Wondering if this will be offered in a counterbalanced option. I kind of think in CBthis could be a really fun putter.

So we have the two ball putter, and now the two square putter. How long before the two triangle putter? Any guesses? :act-up:

Seriously though. I like the idea behind the alignment aids.

Love the shape, face colour puts me off though.

How did I miss this when the post came up, I rolled the original smart sqaure and loved it. A solid solid putter, almost bought it right there too. I look forward to trying this one out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not my cup of tea but I'm curious how it feels

So we have the two ball putter, and now the two square putter. How long before the two triangle putter? Any guesses? :act-up:

Seriously though. I like the idea behind the alignment aids.
The smart square isn't new this season. It's the same concept, except Dave Pelz thinks it works better. That's why he changed his design.

Very interesting indeed, I want to roll it.

When I first looked it over, I was thinking it was too busy then was thinking about the lack of an alignment line and how that would be an issue for me. Now that I think about it, I wonder if I get too caught up in the whole line thing and trying to be technical versus just going off of feel and seeing the line of the putt. I think this putter helps to frame the ball very well and gives it a railroad type of setup that helps envision the roll of the putt.

Very interesting indeed, I want to roll it.

When I first looked it over, I was thinking it was too busy then was thinking about the lack of an alignment line and how that would be an issue for me. Now that I think about it, I wonder if I get too caught up in the whole line thing and trying to be technical versus just going off of feel and seeing the line of the putt. I think this putter helps to frame the ball very well and gives it a railroad type of setup that helps envision the roll of the putt.

i rolled the new blade two ball a few times now and not having and alignment line hasn't bothered me. The two squares make it easy to line up for me and get my ball on the line I chose. IMO so much easier to aligned easier than the two ball. I say give it a roll and wouldn't be surprised if you get over the line thing

Aren't the squares the alignment aid?

Aren't the squares the alignment aid?

Yes, they are. My post was comparing them to a single line along the top line which I typically align with the line on the ball.

Reminds me of the 2-Ball Fang Works putter...

Reminds me of the 2-Ball Fang Works putter...

I know it was a bit corny campaign by them when the SS first came out, but IMO it really is Squares > Circles for alignment effectiveness.

Back