Cleveland Halo Hybrid Review

Love my #4 Halo. Been playing it for 3 weeks now and it's good from 160 yds to 175 depending on lie and if I'm choking up or not. Goes GREAT with the Launcher Turbo 9* driver and Launcher Turbo 15* 3 wood.

Love my #4 Halo. Been playing it for 3 weeks now and it's good from 160 yds to 175 depending on lie and if I'm choking up or not. Goes GREAT with the Launcher Turbo 9* driver and Launcher Turbo 15* 3 wood.

I just picked up a Turbo 3w myself. What shaft do you have in the 3w, just out of curiosity?

I just picked up a Turbo 3w myself. What shaft do you have in the 3w, just out of curiosity?
Driver is Miyazaki C Kua 5R 9* @ 44.5", 3 wood is C Kua 5A and 4 Halo is C Kua 6A.

I was curious about this hybrid and I bought a 4 Hybrid to test. I took it to the range and immediately loved it. I was able to pop it up into the air very high and could flight it as well. It was much more workable for me than it’s Srixon H85 brother. The distance was about the same as most 4 Hy that I have hit. I ended up getting the 3Hy to match and have my bag sorted for the year. I do like a lighter shaft in my Hybrids for some reason (60 G stiff). I had the Rogue Hybrid with the 60g Synergy in it and I loved those hybrids as well.

Last edited:
I was actually very pleasantly surprised by the feel/sound of this hybrid. Very solid and muted.

I've got the #2, #3, and #4 hybrids in the bag right now. I'm hitting the #2 at the moment over 205 yds, which for me is awesome. ;)

These didn’t get a ton of love vs the big boys out there, but they definitely hold their own and I think they may be some of the easiest hybrids to get airborne that I have hit. ? shots were plentiful.

These didn’t get a ton of love vs the big boys out there, but they definitely hold their own and I think they may be some of the easiest hybrids to get airborne that I have hit. ? shots were plentiful.

Totally agree with your statement. (y)

Please satisfy my curiosity, what shaft do you have on the Turbo 3w and what kind of distance are you getting?

Looking at purchasing the 4-hybrid of this. Almost all the reviews talk about the guard railing along the bottom and how great it is out of tough lies, which is great. But doesn’t talk much about hitting it off the tee or from the fairway. Anyone here own or hit this club? If so, do the guard rails cause any trouble for regular shots (i.e. not out of the rough or from difficult lies)?

Looking at purchasing the 4-hybrid of this. Almost all the reviews talk about the guard railing along the bottom and how great it is out of tough lies, which is great. But doesn’t talk much about hitting it off the tee or from the fairway. Anyone here own or hit this club? If so, do the guard rails cause any trouble for regular shots (i.e. not out of the rough or from difficult lies)?
I kind of wondered how the rails work out for short game shots as well.
Had to check it out when I saw the Halo name. (y)

I've not swung the Halo but Cleveland's previous rail sole hybrids were great from any lie, including the fairway or tee box.

Cleveland's put rails on their hybrids before (think the 588 had them but not as aggressive as these) - I also played the Cobra hybrid with rails and didn't have any issues from the fairway.

I wrote the review on this one and kept it in the bag for some time post review.

For me, the rails are there to help on lies when the grass or sand becomes a bigger part of the equation. From the fairway or off the tee, most of the time, the grass is doesn't factor in as much. In my time I had no issues hitting this off the fairway or from the tee. It performed like any other hybrid in those situations. It shines in the other areas and has no real downside in the two spots you are looking at. I also have used it around the greens for whatever that is worth.

I tried the Halo 3-hybrid today and wasn't entirely surprised to find it was way too light for me. Ultralight clubs have always made it hard for me to keep my tempo under control and from flipping the club and hitting low pulls and pull-hooks. With the stock R-flex C Kua shaft (60-something grams?) I had no idea where the ball was going.

Fortunately, I bought it used from Global Golf and they'll accept returns. I like my HB Turbo irons and CBX2 wedges so much I was really hoping to maybe squeeze one more Cleveland club in the bag. But I'll stick the 4-iron from the HB Turbos and then my Taylormade M6 5-wood. Oh well, I had to try!

anyone still gaming one of these? I've been going through my bag setup as I start to ramp up for the season(which I'm way behind on already) and I think it might start out in that 4h slot for me.

anyone still gaming one of these? I've been going through my bag setup as I start to ramp up for the season(which I'm way behind on already) and I think it might start out in that 4h slot for me.

Still have my Cleveland Halo 4h in the bag. I love that club.

I have the same Turbo, fact I have whole set. I have Miyazaki Kalua Tour 6S on Driver, Miyazaki C.Kua 6S 3w & 5W has Miyazaki Cua 6R and Halo 4H Miyazaki Mizore 6S

Last edited:
I have the HALO 3h and 4h. I have more confidence with these clubs than any other in my bag. Tee, rough, fairway - they get it done.

I have the HALO 3h and 4h. I have more confidence with these clubs than any other in my bag. Tee, rough, fairway - they get it done.

For those of you that have gamed the Halo 4hy, how well can you hold the green with it?

For those of you that have gamed the Halo 4hy, how well can you hold the green with it?

Holds well. This club gets the ball up higher than most hybrids, so a well struck ball doesn’t come in at as low of an angle as with others.

Back